Time for some sober reflection + 3 plays

AnthonyF

The difference between a good & bad team....

1) London Fletcher's late hit - Changes complection and some momentum

2) Losman Fumble on another whiffed block

3) Losman's terrible interception

All game long the Bills had lousy field position and NE did not help with a single penalty or turnover.

Football easily always turns on little things and Sunday was a case in point. I could talk about other plays but the 3 above symbolizes what goes wrong for mediocre to bad teams.

I am far from a Losman apologist and would have taken Leinart because he was there, but was interested to see if he could progress. Still not sure.

I was also very unimpressed with Lee Evans yesterday. He did not seem ready to battle for the ball or did not get the separation as Samuels either reached around him or stepped in front of him for the int (though that was Losman's fault).

Defence again allowed 3 60+ yard TD drives and their one stop was nullified by the roughing the passer.

No I was not happy at all yesterday but I was prepared for that at the beginning of the season.

Slowly Reminiscent of the RJ era, but then it was a bonehead decision the Bills made that helped begin this downward spiral. For those arguing, 2 year Bills stop gap with Flutie and groom a new QB we'd be well ahead.

Let Losman be and the Bills could be in a perfect position to draft Brady Quinn or a top QB, or he turns it around and we go forward.

Oh let's talk snakebit, when a Ump causes a fumble because Losman tried to avoid them.

The difference between a good & bad team....

2) Losman Fumble on another whiffed block

3) Losman's terrible interception

814434[/snapback]

Those 3 plays are a possible 21 point swing. Fletcher's hit (actually, it might have been Kelsay) was on 3rd down, if I believe, keeping the Pats drive alive and pushing them close in for a TD (inside the 20), which they scored a few plays later. Both of Losman's TO's came when we were really moving the ball and in good positions to score.

Another key difference b/w the Bills and Pats-- luck. We cause Brady to fumble, but the Pats end up advancing and recovering the fumble. Brady throws an awful, ill-advised pass b/w 5 Bills defenders and Gabriel makes a miracle catch in the endzone for a TD. Good teams get all the breaks.

Fletcher didn't hit Brady as he actually had the sense to pull up (probably because he knows he's a flag magnet). It was Kelsay that delivered the mindless headshot. Which was too bad because aside from that he played a stellar game.

Another key difference b/w the Bills and Pats-- luck........Brady throws an awful, ill-advised pass b/w 5 Bills defenders and Gabriel makes a miracle catch in the endzone for a TD. Good teams get all the breaks.

That wasn't luck or a bad break or a miracle catch. That was a bunch of unfocused, disinterested defenders standing around with their thumbs up their asses.

Exactly the point. Brady's last touchdown pass he was embarrassed. See how the player came back for the ball, which Evans (who I like) did not once.

Add to that Evans dropping the TD pass (no Samuel's arm was not there) and there could be the difference.

Not one break....

Face it, can you imagine being fans of the Cards, Dolphins, Redskins, Browns, Raiders and even though they have won two games the Bucs and their anemic offence....

Those 3 plays are a possible 21 point swing. Fletcher's hit (actually, it might have been Kelsay) was on 3rd down, if I believe, keeping the Pats drive alive and pushing them close in for a TD (inside the 20), which they scored a few plays later. Both of Losman's TO's came when we were really moving the ball and in good positions to score.

Another key difference b/w the Bills and Pats-- luck. We cause Brady to fumble, but the Pats end up advancing and recovering the fumble. Brady throws an awful, ill-advised pass b/w 5 Bills defenders and Gabriel makes a miracle catch in the endzone for a TD.  Good teams get all the breaks.

814442[/snapback]

Good teams make their own breaks.

Both of Losman's TO's came when we were really moving the ball and in good positions to score.

814442[/snapback]

This is one of the reasons I try to cover my ears from the "get rid of Losman" chuckleheads. The fact remains that despite the ineptitude of our team, the offense CAN and DOES move the ball. Losman had some pretty good stats in the first half, and it was -- to me-- those stats which only heightened how pissed I would get.

Yes, I know. I get it. We're not good enough to overcome the moronic mistakes we've been making, whether it's illegal motion, interceptions, or pile-driving a quarterback who gave himself up.

But that's not the point here. The point is that we CAN move the ball until the stupid mistakes creep in, and they give way to doubt, and then you have nothing but another loss on the board.

Fix the lines, eliminate the moronic mistakes and you're headed in the right direction.

But for people to bust Losman's nuts this badly and suggest that if you change that position, all will be well, is just a testament to how few people really understand the game.