The towel has been thrown in...

Kipers Hair

Some positions/player changes who might look nice and help us get to...8-8 maybe...

Offense - Just opening the Vault a little for an OT...

QB - Losman get's one last chance...but drafting Chad Henne in the 2nd is worth it.

RB - As much as I like Adrian Peterson...Willis is good for at least one more year before the "U" blood in him boils, he goes gangster and demands a trade to a team in contention or a warmer climate.

WR - With the 2nd pick in the 2007 NFL entry draft, the Buffalo Bills select Calvin Johnson, WR georgia Tech. It's nice to see Reed in Harrisons face...but I still am trying to find how many points that scored for us...We need a big receiver who can go up and "get it"...Aiken is not that man.

OT - Max Starks...Steelers might try to keep him...but they were supposed to try with Randal El too....

OG - Samson Satele in the draft...Nothing like a big polynesian to displace Villarial...grabbing an experienced FA would be nice...

Defense - Second tier guys mainly...

DL - Jared Allen - Will be the top FA linemen made available in 2007...Say bye to Either Denney or Kelsey...or, gulp, dare we say - Schoebel...is he really that much better than Kelsey? Prediction - NO DT's will be taken or brought in. This regime has acquired three they will stick with for at least 2007.

LB - Say bye London...As much as I like you - you're not making a difference...I believe they will try to move TKO to MLB....if he resists, he's as good as gone. TKO ver 2.0 is not the speedy OLB he was before...and never will be again. If the Bills do not take Johnson with the 2nd pick...don't be surprised to see Paul Posliszny brought in. FA Acquisition - Adalius Thomas and Rob Morris

S - Come on now...

CB - They'll draft one...maybe two, but they had better grab an Asante Smaual or David Macklin for depth...

Still - with whatever moves we make...8-8 is probably asking too much...

Some positions/player changes who might look nice and help us get to...8-8 maybe...

Offense - Just opening the Vault a little for an OT...

QB - Losman get's one last chance...but drafting Chad Henne in the 2nd is worth it.

RB - As much as I like Adrian Peterson...Willis is good for at least one more year before the "U" blood in him boils, he goes gangster and demands a trade to a team in contention or a warmer climate.

WR - With the 2nd pick in the 2007 NFL entry draft, the Buffalo Bills select Calvin Johnson, WR georgia Tech.  It's nice to see Reed in Harrisons face...but I still am trying to find how many points that scored for us...We need a big receiver who can go up and "get it"...Aiken is not that man. 

OT - Max Starks...Steelers might try to keep him...but they were supposed to try with Randal El too....

OG - Samson Satele in the draft...Nothing like a big polynesian to displace Villarial...grabbing an experienced FA would be nice...

Defense - Second tier guys mainly...

DL - Jared Allen - Will be the top FA linemen made available in 2007...Say bye to Either Denney or Kelsey...or, gulp, dare we say - Schoebel...is he really that much better than Kelsey?  Prediction - NO DT's will be taken or brought in.  This regime has acquired three they will stick with for at least 2007.

LB - Say bye London...As much as I like you - you're not making a difference...I believe they will try to move TKO to MLB....if he resists, he's as good as gone.  TKO ver 2.0 is not the speedy OLB he was before...and never will be again.  If the Bills do not take Johnson with the 2nd pick...don't be surprised to see Paul Posliszny brought in.  FA Acquisition - Adalius Thomas and Rob Morris

S - Come on now...

CB - They'll draft one...maybe two, but they had better grab an Asante Smaual or David Macklin for depth...

Still - with whatever moves we make...8-8 is probably asking too much...

814310[/snapback]

I'd say London is more of an answer than about 45 other guys on this team.

As a PSU homer, I'd LOVE to see Paul Posluszny in a Bills uniform.

814452[/snapback]

Not me. Id rather see Buster Davis back there than an overhyped injured LB. Im not saying he isnt a decent player but I think he is overrated and still doesn trust his knee after the injury. He is playing tentatively this year becasue of the hit and that will hurt his draft stock. Davis on the other hand would be a great 2nd round aquisition after we grab Joe Thomas. Kid is always around the ball and sheds blockers wonderfully. You cant teach these things.

Leonard Davis is also going to be a free agent I believe. He wouldn't be a bad replacement for Gandy. Jeremy Stevens is going to be a UFA at TE too. Maybe he could be the pass catching TE JP needs as a safety valve if that isn't addressed in the draft. At LB, I think Cato June is up for free agency this year. He's been a beast for Indy these past 2 or 3 seasons. CB, we definitely need to get at Samuel because there's really no one else out there.

If we're talking Draft 2007, here's a copy of what I posted in a previos topic:

I say we go after OL help. That's our greatest need at the moment. JP has shown good improvement from last season to this one in his reading of coverage, decision making, and throwing ability. I think we will be alright at QB, especially if we get a SOLID OL to protect Losman.

We also might want to look into Adrian Peterson, Marshawn Lynch, Michael Bush, or Kenny Irons. I'm still not buying into Willis staying in Buffalo just yet. I like Willis, I really do, but I'm not sure if he is in this for the long haul or not. Plus we know what his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, is all about.

A guy that should be available early in the 3rd or maybe even the 4th round would be Scott Chandler out of Iowa. This guy is a 6'7", 257 pound perfect fit TE. He can block, run routes to get open, and catch the football in coverage. The perfect safety valve for JP. Greg Olsen(Miami), Matt Spaeth(Minn), or Matt Herian(Nebraska) could be another option at TE in the 3rd, maybe 4th round.

I also don't think it should be out of our minds that our LB core is aging. Maybe a Paul Posluszny from Penn St. should be one of our considerations. He reminds me alot of Shane Conlan. We could also take a look at Patrick Willis, the tackling machine from Ole Miss. There's also Prescott Burgess from Michigan and Rufus Alexander from Oklahoma to think about. I don't think that we should really use a high draft pick on a LB though.

If we're going to talk about WR, we also have to throw Dwayne Jarrett into the mix. I don't really see him staying for a final year at USC. There's too much money available right now for this guy to pass up I believe. He doesn't have the "big body" of Johnson, but will be a good NFL WR just the same. Jeff Samardzija is also a possible thought as is Steve Smith(USC) and Tedd Ginn Jr.(Ohio St.) if he comes out.

We also might want to think about CB in the first 2 or 3 rounds. A guy like Daymien Hughes out of Cal comes to mind. CB from LSU, I believe his name is Sammy Joseph. Antione Cason out of Arizona. Leon Hall from Michigan. Marcus McCauley out of Fresno St. I know there are more, but I'm drawing a blank at the moment.

We also need to look at our DL. Maybe DE and DT (<-still ). Gaines Adams out of Clemson is an absolute BEAST at DE. Maybe Frank Odam, DT out of Texas. Tim Crowder, DE from Texas. Quinten Moses is another option at DE out of Georgia. Lamar Woodley, DE out of Michigan. Quinn Pitcock, DT out of Ohio St. Lawrence Jackson, DE out of USC. Alan Branch, DT from Michigan. There are quite a few options here come April. I would definitely like to see a player like Gaines Adams in a Bills uniform though.

If we're going to talk about the OL, let's put the best NCAA prospects out there. Not only do you have OT Joe Thomas(Wisconson), but there's OT Justin Blalock(Texas), OT Jake Long(Michigan), OT Levi Brown(Penn St.), C Kyle Young(Fresno St.), OT Ryan Harris(Notre Dame), G Samson Satele(Hawaii), G Brian Daniels(Colorado), G Manuel Ramirez(Texas Tech), G Casey Studdard(Texas), C Ryan Kalil(USC), C Dan Mozes(West Virginia), C Kurt Mann(Nebraska), OT Arron Sears(Tennessee), OT Doug Free(Northern Ill.), and OT Herbert Taylor(TCU). These are all guys that could be quality starters in the NFL. Leaves us with alot of options for the OL in the first 3 rounds if that's the direction we decide to go.

Bottom line is that you take a chance on whoever you draft. We've seen some players drafted early amount to nothing and players drafted late become superstars. Marques Colston for New Orleans comes to mind as one of those late round guys out of this past year's draft. It's a roll of the dice that you hope doesn't turn up "snake eyes". Hopefully our scout team does their homework and drafts the players who will work out great for our team. :doh:

Nobody ever mention this kid, but a guy who looks just as good as Buster Davis is Jonathan Goff, ILB, Vanderbilt. I watched him early this year, and he was ALWAYS around the ball. I believe he registered 14 or 15 tackles and set the tone for their entire defensive unit. Real good player in my view!!