what we should all be talking about right now

:doh:  We have been batting this around for 8-9 yrs. The Bills braintrust seems incapeable of solving our OL problems.

814223[/snapback]

Who? the guys that have been in charge of this team for one offseason??? They have been battling this with the Bills for 8-9 years?

We should look at that Free guy in the article on OT's. He was a TE converted to OT. Could we have the next Jason Peters with that guy?

Who? the guys that have been in charge of this team for one offseason???

814299[/snapback]

True, but what about the scouting staff who evaluates the linemen? Haven't they remained mostly intact since the Butler days? I think a cleaning of house is in order for those dudes.

what do people think is the greater need? OT or DT? I've gotta say, I'm for DT (but it's a really close call).  another way to put it -- if you were faced with the choice of, say, d'brickashaw ferguson or tommie harris, who would you take?

814229[/snapback]

You can't frame the question that way since Harris is a proven stud while Brick is only a rookie. I prefer a first round OT over DT because first round OTs pan out at a higher rate than first round DTs. Just avoid the guys with weight problems (Mike Williams, Leonard Davis) and you're very likely to end up with a good player.