Special Teams

Corp000085

One aspect of this team that is overlooked right now is the play of the special teams. This team has been ranked at the bottom of the league since about 1999. They have turned it around. Besides the fact that moorman pretty much is carving his own bronze bust for canton with every kick, he's a threat with trick plays, both running and passing. Punt coverage is excellent too.

Place kicking gets no grade so far, as lindell has only attempted a few kicks, none of which have been game savers/breakers. I believe he's 3/4, with his only miss being from about 45 yards or something.

Kickoffs haven't had the distance of say christie, who consistantly booted it to the endzone, but they're making it to about the 5 yard line, which is way better than last year. Kickoff coverage is excellent too. I've seen about 4 or 5 kicks that have been fielded between the EZ and the 10, and the coverage team has made the play around the 20. Can't ask for better coverage.

As for punt returns and kickoff returns, i'm glad that MM has been using starters (clements) to do the job. Clements is halfway decent. He had that one return against the raiders that was called back. The guy who looked awesome against the pats, and who i'm hoping isn't a one game wonder is McGee. This guy is FAST. That TD return was a product of his speed as well as the blocking.

The downside to all of this is, how can they not be good? They get the most practice of any team in the league. If the bills do turn it around on offense and can play halfway smart defense, special teams WILL be the backbreaker. This team still has a shot to be decent, and 1/3 of this team is playing the best ball in the league. I'm very hard pressed to be optimistic, but optimism isn't too far fetched if you break things down and look at ST like i have.

Hey, i made a long post at 6:30am stone cold sober. Something is wrong.

Kickoffs haven't had the distance of say christie, who consistantly booted it to the endzone

Hey, i made a long post at 6:30am stone cold sober.  Something is wrong.

58722[/snapback]

Dude, go back to posting drunk, you're memory's off. Christie's kickoffs never even sniffed the goal line (maybe you're think of when he started his career with Tampa Bay?) Lindell definitely has more length on his kickoffs than Christie did as a Bill.

Your right about Christy but his point is right on...

We have the #1 rated special teams right now!!.....just think if those 2 pr/kr weren't called back.......

Optimism is still alive.........not by much however....

special teams can win games for us....stay tuned