The REAL Good News

Is that normally after a loss like that, you hear about how bad the team is on local radio and the papers for two weeks. The good news is that everyone has thrown in the towel on this team and will be talking Sabres here on out - I'll take that any day!!!

813944[/snapback]

Then go hang on the Sabres board. The Sabres don't play football. :P

The good news is we are in the Calvin Johnson sweepstakes.  I know we need line help on both sides but that kid would be tough to pass up.  Lee Evans and Calvin Johnson!

814166[/snapback]

I'll give that an Amen!

After reading the SI article on Johnson he's even more desirable in My mind...If that's even possible. He'll make some NFL QB look REAL good in a few Years... :doh:

The good news is we are in the Calvin Johnson sweepstakes.  I know we need line help on both sides but that kid would be tough to pass up.  Lee Evans and Calvin Johnson!

814166[/snapback]

That's what we need...another receiver who will get one catch per game because our quarterback is on his ass all day.

814166[/snapback]

I'd rather have Joe Thomas, left tackle from Wisconsin. That guy is going to be a solid player. It would be nice to have another Will Wolford.

814166[/snapback]

Take a deep breath there, Tommy D, and relax for a minute.

If we do end up in such a situation, why not trade down for a butt load of picks?

There are 9 players who start on the OL and DL. We're pretty safe at about 2 of those 9 (Peters, Schobel). That leaves 7 to fill. Given the poor crop of free agent linemen that have been hitting the market lately, we need to turn to the draft.

Drafting a 1st round receiver and missing out on the chance for all those extra picks only sets the rebuilding effort back another year or two.

I'll give that an Amen!

After reading the SI article on Johnson he's even more desirable in My mind...If that's even possible. He'll make some NFL QB look REAL good in a few Years... :doh:

814188[/snapback]

isnt that what the lions did draft a #1 receiver like 3 years in a row i know they beat us this season but look at detroit in the standings...no next season should be draft for both lines and no skill positions..we have good talent with the skill spots.

thankyou! this is a bills message board not a hockey board!

814384[/snapback]

Well, this is a BUFFALO Bills message board. The Bills aren't just a football team you cheer for; they represent the city of BUFFALO.

Anything in support of the city is fair game here, though I agree that maybe it should be on the Off the Wall section.

There was alot of good news from the game

- The Bills can't lose next week (although they may try there hardest)

- JP had a better day then everyones favorite "should have been a Bills QB" Leinart

- They didn't give us more false hope by beating a better team, so now we can feel self righteous in predicting doom and gloom

- We don't play the Pats anymore this year

- This season is now half way through

- The Bills weren't the worst football team this week (Arizona did lose to Oakland)

- Lindell kicked some more good FG's

- The Sabres are still 8-0

- RWS had power

- No more wet snow in Buffalo

- Buffalo is still better then Miami

- I saved a ton of money on my car insurance