From this point forward JP has had a full season

ACor58

He has now played in 16 games between 2005 and 2006, starting 15 of them. He has completed 55.3% of his passes for 2686 yds with 14 TDs and 15 INTs. His passer rating is 70.6 He has fumbled 15 times and lost 8 of them.

So there it is. J.P. has a bye week next week to recharge and his second season as a starter is against the Packers. I will wipe the slate clean, and begin to judge him again, starting with that game.

No more Mulligans for JP. The NE games was his last Mulligan. Over the next 8 games, he can either improve every week or become the next RJ, and lets be honest, the latter is entirely possible.

Is there anything more frustrating than a QB with a cannon for an arm that holds on to the ball for too long, is prone to mistakes, and is not a good leader. I am not annointing him RJ status yet, but I would not be suprised if that is who he becomes.

As far as I'm concerned, JP will still do stupid things like telegraphing passes. And that should be expected.

He should also make some great plays that overcome some of those things. The only thing I remember during the past three games where he did that are when he scrambled and hit Evans for that nice pass against the lions. Other than that, zippo. He's gotta make up for his bad plays.

He has now played in 16 games between 2005 and 2006, starting 15 of them. He has completed 55.3% of his passes for 2686 yds with 14 TDs and 15 INTs. His passer rating is 70.6 He has fumbled 15 times and lost 8 of them.

So there it is. J.P. has a bye week next week to recharge and his second season as a starter is against the Packers. I will wipe the slate clean, and begin to judge him again, starting with that game.

813870[/snapback]

As far as I'm concerned, JP will still do stupid things like telegraphing passes. And that should be expected.

He should also make some great plays that overcome some of those things. The only thing I remember during the past three games where he did that are when he scrambled and hit Evans for that nice pass against the lions. Other than that, zippo. He's gotta make up for his bad plays.

813890[/snapback]

I agree with you that he needs to make some big plays, but I also feel that he needs to be minimizing his mistakes, which have actually gotten worse as the season has gone on.

The book is out on JP, he is very, very mistake prone especially when it comes to ball security. Other team know it and will continue to bring extra pressure until he starts burning teams down the field. I was really hoping for a good showing but for the 2nd year in a row i leave the NE home game disgusted. JP doesn't seem to "own" the field when he's out there. He doesn't own the huddle, he's a disaster inside the opponents 35 yd line. I'm really concerned about his future. I will not use the O-line as an excuse. On several plays yesterday he had time and did nothing. One good pass was dropped by Evans in the end zone so that one was on Lee.

The book is out on JP,  he is very, very mistake prone especially when it comes to ball security.  Other team know it and will continue to bring extra pressure until he starts burning teams down the field.  I was really hoping for a good showing but for the 2nd year in a row i leave the NE home game disgusted.  JP doesn't seem to "own" the field when he's out there.  He doesn't own the huddle, he's a disaster inside the opponents 35 yd line.  I'm really concerned about his future.  I will not use the O-line as an excuse.  On several plays yesterday he had time and did nothing.  One good pass was dropped by Evans in the end zone so that one was on Lee.

814437[/snapback]

That was a great play by the defensive back (I think it was Samuel) who looked like he got his arm between Lee's body and the ball.

No more Mulligans for JP. The NE games was his last Mulligan. Over the next 8 games, he can either improve every week or become the next RJ, and lets be honest, the latter is entirely possible.

Is there anything more frustrating than a QB with a cannon for an arm that holds on to the ball for too long, is prone to mistakes, and is not a good leader. I am not annointing him RJ status yet, but I would not be suprised if that is who he becomes.

813877[/snapback]

Not that it makes up for the lack of wins, but the big difference I see in JP and RJ is that JP seems to give a schitt. He's embraced the community and gets the whole Buffalo psyche. RJ didn't. Even if JP amounts to nothing, I don't think that he'll ever be vilified by the masses the way RJ was. He'll just be seen as the last in a long line of failures by TD. JMO

The book is out on JP,  he is very, very mistake prone especially when it comes to ball security.  Other team know it and will continue to bring extra pressure until he starts burning teams down the field.  I was really hoping for a good showing but for the 2nd year in a row i leave the NE home game disgusted.  JP doesn't seem to "own" the field when he's out there.  He doesn't own the huddle, he's a disaster inside the opponents 35 yd line.  I'm really concerned about his future.  I will not use the O-line as an excuse.  On several plays yesterday he had time and did nothing.  One good pass was dropped by Evans in the end zone so that one was on Lee.

814437[/snapback]

How do you know what he's like in the huddle?

813870[/snapback]

And you probably think stroking your pecker 16 times at random intervals yields the same result as 16 consecutive strokes. Only one warrants wiping the slate clean. :doh:

Let me ask you something.

If you took a job with a company, and a month in you got hurt on the job and was on Workmans Comp for two months, and in your third month they gave you a new boss and a new direction for the company, and six months later they give you yet another new boss and yet another new direction for the company, how would you feel when you sat down at your annual review and they said "Well, we can't give you any raise because you haven't performed to our expectations all year and if you don't improve in three months, we're going to fire you?"

That level of stupidity is only slightly surpassed by the concept that JP has played "a full year of football" and now he should know better.

Christ. Are you a midget, too?