Could JP be successful behind an Adequate OL?

The Poojer

say the Cheifs OL of a couple years ago...I know it is easier said than done, but we have not had a quality OL in years....Could a Peyton Manning have ANY success behind what we have been putting out there?  I'm just sayin.....

813473[/snapback]

Well I think part of the reason that Indi's 0-line looks so good is because Manning can make fast reads and get rid of the ball quickly. Not all the time. But much of the time.

say the Cheifs OL of a couple years ago...I know it is easier said than done, but we have not had a quality OL in years....Could a Peyton Manning have ANY success behind what we have been putting out there?  I'm just sayin.....

813473[/snapback]

Hard to say.....I'd want to see him play behind one for a season before I commit myself. :doh:

Yes, P. Manning could have some success behind our line.....but to compare a young JPL to a veteran P.Manning is not really a fair comparison.

Well I think part of the reason that Indi's 0-line looks so good is because Manning can make fast reads and get rid of the ball quickly. Not all the time. But much of the time.

813480[/snapback]

It's also the playcalling. Why call for deep drops when the OL is bad. Run the damn ball, rollouts and short passes are whats needed.

as good as peyton appears to be, a ton of the credit has to go to edge and marvin and...and...and...peyton is probably an anamoly...i dont want to take anything away from him, but the colts had tool upon tool upon tool...so perhaps my using peyton manning was not the best example...I mean, I was just sayin....

813480[/snapback]

i hear too many people say "...lets get Brady Quinn...", "...we shoulda gone with Leinert..." etc....put a dress on a pig and what do you get? A pig...wearing a dress...lets stop with the band-aids and lets fix the main problem once and for all

as good as peyton appears to be, a ton of the credit has to go to edge and marvin and...and...and...peyton is probably an anamoly...i dont want to take anything away from him, but the colts had tool upon tool upon tool...so perhaps my using peyton manning was not the best example...I mean, I was just sayin....

813487[/snapback]

Edge is no longer with the Colts and Peyton has 1600 yards, 12 TD's, and 2 INT's ... Now go check out Harrisons numbers BEFORE and AFTER Peyton arrived.

yeah i know edge is no longer there and you can tell...addai is not edge and the 4 headed monster is not quite as potent as it was...although they do seem to make up for it in other places...wayne, freney...etc

Edge is no longer with the Colts and Peyton has 1600 yards, 12 TD's, and 2 INT's ... Now go check out Harrisons numbers BEFORE and AFTER Peyton arrived.

813500[/snapback]

yeah i know edge is no longer there and you can tell...addai is not edge and the 4 headed monster is not quite as potent as it was...although they do seem to make up for it in other places...wayne, freney...etc

813507[/snapback]

And yet they have just as many rushing yards this year as they had last year (up to this point) ... go figure

i hear too many people say "...lets get Brady Quinn...", "...we shoulda gone with Leinert..." etc....put a dress on a pig and what do you get?  A pig...wearing a dress...lets stop with the band-aids and lets fix the main problem once and for all

Look at the Jests.... drafted the top LT & Center & they are looking good as starters & getting better.... quick fix. :doh:

Us? We'd do better with turnstiles. <_< Where is Carl Mauch anyway? :doh: