As Johnny Cash sang, "Walk the Line"

Hi, my first real topic starter, I just ask that you take it easy on this one? :angry:

Not to be a JP Losman apologist but when was the last time have we had a real offensive line? It seems to me at least since just after the Super Bowl years we have had a patch work o-line. Even after today I still see potential in JP but the guy just gets no time back there. I will not defend the picks today all I ask is for an offensive line before we send this kid to the guillotine. Not to be stating the obvious Marv levy must address the o-line now and this off season.

Hi, my first real topic starter, I just ask that you take it easy on this one?  :doh:

Not to be a JP Losman apologist but when was the last time have we had a real offensive line? It seems to me at least since just after the Super Bowl years we have had a patch work o-line. Even after today I still see potential in JP but the guy just gets no time back there. I will not defend the picks today all I ask is for an offensive line before we send this kid to the guillotine. Not to be stating the obvious Marv levy must address the o-line now and this off season.

813086[/snapback]

Good first post and I agree with you. We need upgrades at the O-Line position.

Hi, my first real topic starter, I just ask that you take it easy on this one?  :doh:

813086[/snapback]

The situation is developing into one that is starting to make me feel really grateful that Marv is 80+. I've noticed that when most people get to a ripe old age, they don't buckle so much to public opinion or in this case, what the fans & media might say. Based on the awful OL & the marked improvement in JPs game(....& yes, he is still greatly improved over last years JP), I do not see Marv diverting from his plans come next draft.....we will be drafting OL (& D again).....definitely not a QB in the first round(or WR for that matter).

The situation is developing into one that is starting to make me feel really grateful that Marv is 80+.  I've noticed that when most people get to a ripe old age, they don't buckle so much to public opinion or in this case, what the fans & media might say.  Based on the awful OL & the marked improvement in JPs game(....& yes, he is still greatly improved over last years JP), I do not see Marv diverting from his plans come next draft.....we will be drafting OL (& D again).....definitely not a QB in the first round(or WR for that matter).

813477[/snapback]

Did i mention that we need a new OC ? Let's give Fassel a try !

813086[/snapback]

It s people like you who will make us suffer thru many more years of awful football.

Did i mention that we need a new OC ? Let's give Fassel a try !

813481[/snapback]

You might be right....I'd like to see a game where the Offence executes the gameplan with precision & discipline before I give up on him......though, I'm leaning towards the negative side more so far this season.

In 2002 I thought that Tackle to Tackle: Jennings, Brown, Teague, Sullivan and Williams were the making of a solid line. I watched them in camp. Mike looked lazy then but he was "the answer" that we all know now. The team even went 8-8 that year. Heck, we had Marcus Price as a backup tackle. Now, I'm 4 years older and wanting a lineup like the aforementioned returned... Aghhhh... Whatever happened to Marques Sullivan anyhow? We know Double J is constantly banged up in SF, Brown's doing his thing on Soldier Field and both Teague and Fat Mike are injured. Price, is he still in the League. What's going on that i'd want to return to these days. :doh:

It s people like you who will make us suffer thru many more years of awful football.

813488[/snapback]

Actually......IMO there is more chance that it is people like you who will make us suffer through many more years of awful football.

If we give up on JP too early & use our high 1st round pick on another QB, we do not add a potential OL stud to the team & we must wait 3 years(average?) to see if our new 1st round QB will pan out.

That is another 3 years with 50%(average) chance the new QB will fail.

If we keep JP another year, we get to spend the pick on a potential stud OL & hopefully improve the OL to give JP more opportunity to develop.....remembering he still has not played a full season to this point....& it was known before we drafted him that he would need a lot of development time. If after that year he shows he is one of the 50% busts, we can then try for the 1st round QB gamble again.

That would be another 4 years but with an extra potential stud OLman.....with the possibility of only 1 year wait. That's either 2 years better than the 'give-up' option or only 1 year worse(with the added potential OL stud).