Dainel Graham Out Today

JimBob2232

The Patriots will be without TE Daniel Graham, OT Nick Kaczur and C Russ Hochstein for today's game in Buffalo. None of the three traveled with the team to Buffalo. The loss of Graham bumps TE Benjamin Watson and TE David Thomas up the depth chart.

812172[/snapback]

Three down, 19 to go.

A definite blow to the Pats' running game, given Graham's blocking skills.  With the conditions today, it's too bad, because both teams will be trying to run the hell out of it.

812201[/snapback]

Hey Hollywood, are the pats thinking about resigning him? If I'm not mistaken he's a FA after this season.

Hey Hollywood, are the pats thinking about resigning him? If I'm not mistaken he's a FA after this season.

He is a FA, and while I'm sure the Pats would love to keep him, they certainly won't overpay for him with Ben Watson emerging as the team's go-to TE in the passing game.

Graham's value on the open market is tough to gauge. Graham would instantly help any team's running game, but while he is more than capable of contributing in the passing game, his receiving numbers have been underwhelming. Thus, a team looking for a flashy sign may be unwilling to pony up big bucks for him. The Pats may be able to retain him simply because other teams will be unwilling to overpay for a guy whose best attribute - run blocking - doesn't make for an exciting sign.

Drafting two TEs in the 2006 draft, though, may have been an indication that the Patriots feel Graham will be moving on after the season.