FLYERS - Clarke resigns, Hitchcock fired

bartshan-83

Supposedly there will be a 10 AM news conference to confirm.  First they get rid of three players, then this.....pretty much a direct result of our foot still firmly planted in their ass.

I LOVE IT

812143[/snapback]

Hitchcock is a douche anyways. Maybe Lindy can take him out to dinner now. :o

I would say 12 years too late for the Flyers. Not like I care. Not only is Clarke a terrible manager as far as personel goes he's a all around prik as well. Was the dirtiest player on the Flyers when in thier goon squad hay day. Not that it was obvious because he never faught. Goons like Shultz, Saleski and Kelly had his back when he pulled his spearing, slashing sh--. His mean spirit carried over to his gm career as well in his handling of Lindros.

Is it fair to say that between last year's showing in the first round of the playoffs and last Tuesday's embarrassment, the Sabres are the reason that Clarkie and Hitch are out? 

Even if that's a stretch, I'm going with it.  :P

813834[/snapback]

I think that's fair to say about Captain Kangaroo, but Clarke has been one of the worst front office guys in the league, and probably should have been fired years ago.

Clarke has been one of the worst front office guys in the league, and probably should have been fired years ago.

813855[/snapback]

Definitely true. Clarke somehow stayed on board while countless coaches that he hired were kicked to the curb, because they couldn't succeed with players that he brought in. He was one of the worst execs in the league, and the implementation of the salary cap just made his deficiencies more glaring. His solution in the past was to just throw money at every problem, and even that didn't work.