Going to the game......

HelloNewman

can you tell me good places to park where I can get out fast when I need to? I have a 3 mo baby girl and if we need to leave in an emergency I do not want to get stuck in a traffic jam (I know you cannot avoid all of it). I am coming from Rochester. know any shortcuts? Thanks in advance

can you tell me good places to park where I can get out fast when I need to?  I have a 3 mo baby girl and if we need to leave in an emergency I do not want to get stuck in a traffic jam (I know you cannot avoid all of it).

811390[/snapback]

High in the low 50's + likely showers + 90-decibel noise + 3 month old...I think you'll be leaving sometime during the 1st quarter. You should be able to get to the ER in no time flat... :lol:

I'm amazed that nobody recommends the stadium lots, especially considering HN is concerned about possibly having to leave the game early. If you plan on leaving early, the stadium lot, drive 5 is the best for heading east. Take a right out of there, go on 20 to Milestrip that takes you to 219 & then the Thruway. When I leave when the game ends, I leave from drive 5, right on to 20 & stay staight. In a lot of traffic, I avoid the Thruway in Buffalo metro & get on in Depew -Transit Road Rt 78 (20 becomes 78 if you stay on it).

If you leave early enough traffic really shouldnt be an issue, but I have found that if you park in one of the first yards you come across while approaching the stadium you can get out faster at the end of the game. If you park close to the stadium you have to wait to get out of your parking spot, wait to get on the exit road of the parking lot, fight to get on the main drag by the stadium that wait for the traffic to get outta town. If youre in one of those yards you have a bit more of a walk but you can walk faster than the traffic and you only have to wait long enough to pull your car out on the main road, theres going to be like 100,000 people around that area so theres is no good way to exit quickly, not my buisness to say what you should do with your kid but a sitter or sell the tickets might be a good idea

Please forgive my poor communication....baby is not coming with us....it is in case I get a phone call to come back.  No way would I take a 3 month old to a game

811756[/snapback]

Are you a first time parent? Sounds like it.....

NOTHING is going to happen to your three month old that will require you going home..... Even if something did happen, it would likely be an emergency and the child's needs would be best met by hospital staff and not waiting for you to make it home from the game...

Go to the game, relax and have a good time. Put the child in the care of someone you trust and all will be fine....