I'll be in Philly and Reading next week

Beerball

Aside from cheesesteak what must I do?  I'll be working, but will be free evenings.

Thoughts on which cheesesteak place?  If I remember correctly, they are kitty corner from each other.

811264[/snapback]

What will you be reading in Philly, and who will you be reading it to?

What will you be reading in Philly, and who will you be reading it to?

811265[/snapback]

I didn't say I was going to be reading in Philly, I said that I was going to Philly and Reading Pa next week. :lol::lol:

I think I'll go to the North Church while I'm there.

Perhaps a side trip to Renovo. I've heard so much about it.

You lucky bastage! I miss Philly :lol:

Anyway, Geno's and Pat's are the two main cheesesteak places. Can't go wrong with either, though I give a nod to Pat's. Not only does Philly have great food, but it's one of the most interesting cities in the world in terms of architecture. If it's a nice day, take a walk around Center City. You don't even need a plan....you'll just discover stuff :lol:

You could also check out the Art Museum, but what I REALLY think you should do is go here on 10/25 :lol:

Geno's and Pat's are right next to each other. I'm not going to recommend one or the other. I'm going to recommend that you be a man, and eat at both, one right after the other.

Then you'll know for sure. Just make sure to have several beers beforehand.

Aside from cheesesteak what must I do?  I'll be working, but will be free evenings.

Thoughts on which cheesesteak place?  If I remember correctly, they are kitty corner from each other.

811264[/snapback]

Jim's Steaks on South Street for your cheesesteak and Victory Brewery in Downingtown for your beer. BTW, Victory has very good food, but you need to get there early if you want a seat. The bar is pretty big, so if you just want to drink, you can stand there. As far as "entertainment," there are several establishments. In Reading, go to Al's Diamond Cabaret. Daydreams is decent in Philly.

You lucky bastage!  I miss Philly :( 

Anyway, Geno's and Pat's are the two main cheesesteak places. Can't go wrong with either, though I give a nod to Pat's. Not only does Philly have great food, but it's one of the most interesting cities in the world in terms of architecture. If it's a nice day, take a walk around Center City. You don't even need a plan....you'll just discover stuff ;) 

You could also check out the Art Museum, but what I REALLY think you should do is go here on 10/25  :blink:

811295[/snapback]

Nice! Good way to sneak that in there! :lol:

Obviously, if you're into history you'll need to visit the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall.

Those who slept through their history classes may not remember that Philly was the Capital before Washington DC.

Anyway, after you get done taking pics for me and Harriett...I can recommend having a drink at this place and walking in the footsteps (and the spittle) of our founding fathers.

http://www.citytavern.com/history.html

Or, if you have a travel partner, the Tavern has excellent food.

Oh...and if you really have a lot of time, scope out possible locations for visiting Bills fans to stay in case we play the Eagles in Philly in 07. :blink:

811264[/snapback]

If you want more details on anything, let me know. I live in the Philly area. Just let me know what type of things you are looking for.