Van Miller

I was just wondering if anyone has seen Van Miller around lately? I hope is health is OK and he is going strong.

I met him last time I was in Buffalo - he was a blast. Have been writing to him every now and again since I met him, and he always writes back... I wrote him the other day, but I am impatient, and wondered if any of y'all have seen him round Buffalo?

I was just wondering if anyone has seen Van Miller around lately?  I hope is health is OK and he is going strong.

I met him last time I was in Buffalo - he was a blast.  Have been writing to him every now and again since I met him, and he always writes back...  I wrote him the other day, but I am impatient, and wondered if any of y'all have seen him round Buffalo?

811000[/snapback]

I think Van still doest the pre-game in the field house doesnt he?

Van is a great guy though, i wrote to him a couple times and he actually left a message on answering machine once. lol - that was a surprise.

He also recorded a play with my name in it winning the super bowl :lol:

Van=the man

I was just wondering if anyone has seen Van Miller around lately?  I hope is health is OK and he is going strong.

I met him last time I was in Buffalo - he was a blast.  Have been writing to him every now and again since I met him, and he always writes back...  I wrote him the other day, but I am impatient, and wondered if any of y'all have seen him round Buffalo?

811000[/snapback]

Listening to him on the radio recently during the field house pregame show, his voice sounded slurred. It sounded like someone sounds after they have a stroke. So maybe his health isn't what it used to be.

He's still on the pre-game. I heard him before the Chicago game.

He told a story about the first time he did a Bills game at Soldier Field. Bob Hope was there so Van asked him to do the halftime interview. Hope was reluctant so Van said, "I've interviewed Bing Crosby before". It was lie, Van never met Crosby but after that Hope agreed to do the interview.

After it was over Bob Hope asked Van, "Do you have a gift for me for doing the interview?". Van said "Sure" and he reached over,took his spotter's binoculars and gave them to Hope. :lol:

I have seen Van at every game this year including the pre season.

His voice is fine but he needs assistance (somewhat) getting around, particularly on the stairs. It saddens me to see him. But when he talks his voice still has authority.

He is a nice man.