Mike aka "Ron Mexico" Vick: I could be a real QB

Vick answered: "When Reeves was here, I was 50 yards shy of 3,000 yards passing, and I was among top 15 in passing in NFL. Coach Reeves, he believed in me and gave me a chance to throw the football."

The frustrated quarterback didn't stop at questioning the coaching staff. He also wondered if he'd be better off with different teammates, specifically at wide receiver.

Carter threw out names like Chad Johnson and Randy Moss, and Vick said, "Or a Marvin Harrison. ... I always think about that, Cris. I always think, if I played in Indianapolis, what type of effect would I have on that team? Or what would I be able to do different? It's something I wish I could do for just one week.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2632684

Vick is beyond dumb. Wonder how hard his teammates will feel like playing for him now.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2632684

Vick is beyond dumb. Wonder how hard his teammates will feel like playing for him now.

810923[/snapback]

I don't understand why the Falcons don't trade him to the Raiders for Randy Moss and a first round pick. They will never win a championship with a RB playing QB, they are one-dimensional.

Give Schaub the start, he is a much better QB. (Not RB, QB).

The most over rated player in the game today. When the Falcons win he gets all the credit. I mean everyone was all up on his jock with ATL fast start and the running numbers they were putting up. But where were the points to go along with that? If ATL D gives up over 17 points then the team is in trouble, especially if he has to pass to get them back in the game. To all those who hate on JP: if had been in the league as long as Vick and his supporters were still making excuses and blaming others then you'd have a case. Every year it is his receivers aren't good enough, he is a playmaker, all he does is win. All he does is win; win what? All he ever accomplish was a playoff win in Green Bay. He has regeressesd as a passer every year since. And last year, the D fell off and gave up more points then Vick couldn't deliver. If you want an occasional highlight then Vick is the man. If you want a consistent NFL passer then he is not. Like I tell my over hyped ATL friend all on Vick's jockstrap: "I'm not saying that he won't, I just say that he DON'T. I'm not saying that he can't, I'll just say that he A'INT! Until he does he is just OVER RATED!"

Yup, always the WR's fault. Funny how it has been about a dozen different WR's fault in vick's time there.

Lets see, atlanta passing game has been terrible over the past few years. It is more likely because of A) the 12 different WR's they have played, or B) the QB who has been under center this entire time.

If Atlanta was smart, they'd make Schaub the starter, and vick a WR or something.

A player is only as good as the system he is in, ESPECIALLY a quarterback. And Vick is in the wrong system. Atlanta needs to fire Greg Knapp and fire him FAST. They are trying to employ the West Coast offense with one of the most athletically gifted quarterbacks in the league. Vick has a point. They rarely allow him to throw the ball and when they do, it's usually a dink and dunk type route. Absolutely ridiculous. I have seen him throw the ball in college and he had one of the best deep balls in the country.

I was at the Falcons game this Sunday against the Giants. The playcalling on offense was horrible. The ONE time (note: one) that the coaches allowed Vick to throw a deep pass, it was right on the money and should have been a touchdown. Instead, it went through the receiver's hands.

Trash him all you want, I'd take him over JP in a heartbeat.

The most over rated player in the game today. When the Falcons win he gets all the credit. I mean everyone was all up on his jock with ATL fast start and the running numbers they were putting up. But where were the points to go along with that? If ATL D gives up over 17 points then the team is in trouble, especially if he has to pass to get them back in the game. To all those who hate on JP: if had been in the league as long as Vick and his supporters were still making excuses and blaming others then you'd have a case. Every year it is his receivers aren't good enough, he is a playmaker, all he does is win. All he does is win; win what? All he ever accomplish was a playoff win in Green Bay. He has regeressesd as a passer every year since. And last year, the D fell off and gave up more points then Vick couldn't deliver. If you want an occasional highlight then Vick is the man. If you want a consistent NFL passer then he is not. Like I tell my over hyped ATL friend all on Vick's jockstrap: "I'm not saying that he won't, I just say that he DON'T. I'm not saying that he can't, I'll just say that he A'INT! Until he does he is just OVER RATED!"

810938[/snapback]

A player is only as good as the system he is in, ESPECIALLY a quarterback.  And Vick is in the wrong system.  Atlanta needs to fire Greg Knapp and fire him FAST.  They are trying to employ the West Coast offense with one of the most athletically gifted quarterbacks in the league.  Vick has a point. They rarely allow him to throw the ball and when they do, it's usually a dink and dunk type route.  Absolutely ridiculous.  I have seen him throw the ball in college and he had one of the best deep balls in the country.

I was at the Falcons game this Sunday against the Giants.  The playcalling on offense was horrible.  The ONE time (note: one) that the coaches allowed Vick to throw a deep pass, it was right on the money and should have been a touchdown.  Instead, it went through the receiver's hands.

Trash him all you want, I'd take him over JP in a heartbeat.

811080[/snapback]

Often times when i see "last post by 'dawgg'", i am almost compelled to read the thread to see what special brand of retard you have brought to the table on that given day.

Today is no different.

J.P. is a right handed, slower, less athletic, white version of Michael Vick, sans the herpes and delinquent brother.

811110[/snapback]

And the best part...JP's already a better passer than vick will ever be.

Vick sucks, but I have to (sigh) agree with Dawgg...at least in part. The west coast offense is the absolute worst offense he could ever be in. That offense was designed for smart, accurate QBs with little or no running ability.

Vick is the exact opposite of that.

Vick sucks, but I have to (sigh) agree with Dawgg...at least in part.  The west coast offense is the absolute worst offense he could ever be in.  That offense was designed for smart, accurate QBs with little or no running ability.

Vick is the exact opposite of that.

811125[/snapback]

Steve Young liked it.

Steve Young liked it.

811129[/snapback]

Yeah I know. I thought about him, FAvre and McNabb and such, but Young was exceedingly intelligent and accurate. Having mobility is obviously not going to make one fail in the WC, it just isn't really all that important.

Drew Bledsoe and Mike Vick can probably drop back 3 steps in about the same amount of time.

but Young was exceedingly intelligent and accurate. 

811137[/snapback]

and right there is why vick will never succeed in the WC offense. He's the same as culpepper. they run around and fling the ball upfield and hope its caught. neither one can read a defense.