Can World's Strongest Dad

millbank

Can World's Strongest Dad

"He'll be a vegetable the rest of his life;'' Dick says doctors told him And his wife, Judy, when Rick was nine months old. ``Put him in an Institution.''

But the Hoyts weren't buying it. They noticed the way Rick's eyes Followed them around the room. When Rick was 11 they took him to the Engineering department at Tufts University and asked if there was Anything to help the boy communicate. ``No way,'' Dick says he was told. ``There's nothing going on in his brain.''

"Tell him a joke,'' Dick countered. They did. Rick laughed. Turns out a Lot was going on in his brain. Rigged up with a computer that allowed Him to control the cursor by touching a switch with the side of his Head, Rick was finally able to communicate. First words? ``Go Bruins!'' And after a high school classmate was paralyzed in an accident and the School organized a charity run for him, Rick pecked out, ``Dad, I want To do that.''

- Read the story , then watch the film clip.... very emotional.

Awesome story... Very touching.

You all knew this was coming...

I know this might sound bad... I do admit it is a lame attempt to be funny and is not an attempt to be mean...

But, "Go Bruins!"

??

Good thing about all the other communication they have been able to established with this wonderful human being... Because if all he said was "Go Bruins!"... I would have to concur with the early brickwall the father was running up against and say that the kid really is brain dead...

Again... No offense... Just poking fun at the lame arse Bruin fans out there...

And God bless Rick's soul!

:blink:;)

Awesome story... Very touching.

You all knew this was coming...

I know this might sound bad... I do admit it is a lame attempt to be funny and is not an attempt to be mean...

But, "Go Bruins!"

??

Good thing about all the other communication they have been able to established with this wonderful human being... Because if all he said was "Go Bruins!"... I would have to concur with the early brickwall the father was running up against and say that the kid really is brain dead...

Again... No offense... Just poking fun at the lame arse Bruin fans out there...

And God bless Rick's soul!

:blink:  ;)

811792[/snapback]

Well, too bad he didn't say "Go Bills!"

But thank God he didn't say "Go Fins!" or, "Go Pats!" or worse yet, "How 'bout dem Cowboys!"

A very special story nevertheless.