Why is it ..........

crackur

Why is it after you have a job interview you think of all the bad things you think you did, or that you you did and you didn't remember to say.(Reading on the net about what not to do in interviews doesn't help)

Why do you criticize yourself so much?

I mean, I went for a job interview today not thinking I had much of a chance because thats just my luck haha. But when I got there and was speaking with some of the other workers in different areas of the organization, they let me in on the situation and I got somewhat of a hope.....

I then noticed I could be wrong about this but I only seen 2 other peoples name besides mine on the list to be interviewed. However, I was told by another worker in a different dept of this organization that they needed 2 workers in the position I was being interviewed for.

I know I speak too much sometimes, I get nervous thinking I don't answer the question right and I try to cover too much ground. (I guess I jump around, which sucks for me) Also, I wore a tie similar to a color they dont wear because it blends in with the clientale if you get my drift........so there I was......black slacks, black suit jacket, white button up...... (I thought I looked miami vice style) I hope that wasnt a bad thing because I didnt think much about the color of my tie.....haha

on with the story

I was the first person to be interview right.....even though I know it wasn't perfect, they were really friendly, and not asking for too much besides being dependable and a team player and not some know it all.

They were really nice and answered all my questions, at one point I forgot a question I wanted to ask and said Im sorry I forgot what I wanted to ask and I dont want to take anymore of your time trying to think what it was.......and they were like thats ok ....take ur time and try to remember it. They never tried to push me out the door, even though another person was waiting to be interviewed. (and it sucks it was a girl I went to school with ugh!)

finally, they just said we have acple of positons to interview for, I dont know if I will fill them all today, I might put it back out there if I dont fill them all. But make sure you keep calling and checking in on the position.

and human resources will be contacting you one way or another.

sorry for blurting my story out

but why do we kill ourselves over things like this? What sucks is, I think could have had the job with ease but I didnt say or do what I needed to. err

(yes I sent thank you letters right after I left the interview, will be there tomorrow morning........and I reinstated my interest and thanked them for their time.)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it after you have a job interview you think of all the bad things you think you did, or that you you did and you didn't remember to say.(Reading on the net about what not to do in interviews doesn't help)

Why do you criticize yourself so much?

I mean, I went for a job interview today not thinking I had much of a chance because thats just my luck haha. But when I got there and was speaking with some of the other workers in  different areas of the organization, they let me in on the situation and I got somewhat of a hope.....

I then noticed I could be wrong about this but I only seen 2 other peoples name besides mine on the list to be interviewed.  However, I was told by another worker in a different dept of this organization that they needed 2 workers in the position I was being interviewed for.

I know I speak too much sometimes, I get nervous thinking I don't answer the question right and I try to cover too much ground. (I guess I jump around, which sucks for me) Also, I wore a tie similar to a color they dont wear because it blends in with the clientale if you get my drift........so there I was......black slacks, black suit jacket, white button up...... (I thought I looked miami vice style) I hope that wasnt a bad thing because I didnt think much about the color of my tie.....haha

on with the story

I was the first person to be interview right.....even though I know it wasn't perfect, they were really friendly, and not asking for too much besides being dependable and a team player and not some know it all.

They were really nice and answered all my questions, at one point I forgot a question I wanted to ask and said Im sorry I forgot what I wanted to ask and I dont want to take anymore of your time trying to think what it was.......and they were like thats ok ....take ur time and try to remember it. They never tried to push me out the door, even though another person was waiting to be interviewed. (and it sucks it was a girl I went to school with ugh!)

finally, they just said we have acple of positons to interview for, I dont know if I will fill them all today, I might put it back out there if I dont fill them all. But make sure you keep calling and checking in on the position.

and human resources will be contacting you one way or another.

sorry for blurting my story out

but why do we kill ourselves over things like this? What sucks is, I think could have had the job with ease but I didnt say or do what I needed to. err

(yes I sent thank you letters right after I left the interview, will be there tomorrow morning........and I reinstated my interest and thanked them for their time.)

810356[/snapback]

I don't know, I'm the same way. I actually had a job interview today and I was told later that I wouldn't be getting the position. It's good that you talk a lot but what they look for is examples. My problem today was that it was completely in french and I sometimes have trouble finding the right words in french that I wouldn't have a problem in english.

Keep trying and you'll find something.

I don't know, I'm the same way.  I actually had a job interview today and I was told later that I wouldn't be getting the position.  It's good that you talk a lot but what they look for is examples.  My problem today was that it was completely in french and I sometimes have trouble finding the right words in french that I wouldn't have a problem in english.

Keep trying and you'll find something.

810363[/snapback]

You should move to Toronto.

You should move to Toronto.

810370[/snapback]

No, i am fluent in the language, just that when I'm put in a situation where I have a tough question, I'll have a harder time finding the right words in french. I have done several in that language and they have been alright but this one today just was a bomb.

And Toronto sucks anyway, it costs 3 times the amount it does here.

No, i am fluent in the language, just that when I'm put in a situation where I have a tough question, I'll have a harder time finding the right words in french.  I have done several in that language and they have been alright but this one today just was a bomb.

And Toronto sucks anyway, it costs 3 times the amount it does here.

810372[/snapback]

Well that's cool you are fluent in another language....That's something I wish I were myself.

Well that's cool you are fluent in another language....That's something I wish I were myself.

810382[/snapback]

Ya but unfortunately, unless you're fluent in the language they're good at, they make you feel like sh--. The !@#$ who interviewed me today barely spoke any english and yet she's criticizing my french??? I mean FFS, customers in Montreal speak both languages but whatever, I'll find something or else become a male nurse :lol:

Ya but unfortunately, unless you're fluent in the language they're good at, they make you feel like sh--.  The !@#$ who interviewed me today barely spoke any english and yet she's criticizing my french??? I mean FFS, customers in Montreal speak both languages but whatever, I'll find something or else become a male nurse  :lol:

810384[/snapback]

Could you imagine the human cry if you were a french Quebec'er and got that kind of treatment interviewing english in Toronto?

Could you imagine the human cry if you were a french Quebec'er and got that kind of treatment interviewing english  in Toronto?

810385[/snapback]

I don't think they would care. There is a lot of bad blood between Quebec and the rest of Canada.

Ya but unfortunately, unless you're fluent in the language they're good at, they make you feel like sh--.  The !@#$ who interviewed me today barely spoke any english and yet she's criticizing my french??? I mean FFS, customers in Montreal speak both languages but whatever, I'll find something or else become a male nurse  :lol:

810384[/snapback]

Hey man, don't knock it! I think most people would be surprised what a guy can do with a BSN degree :lol: I've been farting around the past year or so due to a family situation, but I brought home 70k (about $185k CAD) my first year out of school and never worked over 40 in a given week. You won't get rich, but you can have a helluva lot of stability with this gig. Besides, you see a lot of the males ending up in the administrative positions, so we're pretty much taking over the joint :P

Hey man, don't knock it! I think most people would be surprised what a guy can do with a BSN degree :lol:  I've been farting around the past year or so due to a family situation, but I brought home 70k my first year out of school and never worked over 40 in a given week. You won't get rich, but you can have a helluva lot of stability with this gig. Besides, you see a lot of the males ending up in the administrative positions, so we're pretty much taking over the joint  :lol:

810417[/snapback]

Not gonna happen :lol:. I'm not a people person and I don't look good in a nurse outfit :P

Not gonna happen :lol:.  I'm not a people person and I don't look good in a nurse outfit  :lol:

810419[/snapback]

What the hell is a "nurse outfit"? Am I gonna have to come up there and smack ya? :P

I was diggin' AJ "nurses outfit."  :lol:

810616[/snapback]

don't make me take you over my knee, young lady....You know my scrubs aren't "nursey"