My game replay review

My wife was kind enough to set the DVR so I could see the game. Here are my observations after watching the first half. They're random and rambling so please bear with me.

Kelsay is getting excellent penetration but a few times he ran past runner. The good news is he was well into the backfield but needs to work on his contain. I'm also encouraged to see his number all over the field

On a few of the Titan's better runs, the cause was the defensive line getting too much penetration. A little more discipline and those runs don't happen.

It appeared that there was a lot of experimentation going on. I saw at least a dozen different DL schemes.

The bigger runs by Brown also came on blitzes. There was one in particular where Takeo was tackled on his way into backfield or he would have killed him.

Vincent did look a little sluggish but it appeared the effort wasn't there. I'm hoping this is just a vet taking it easy and he turns it up a notch when the regular season starts. The really good news is that if Troy doesn't get it done then McGee might. He was blanketing his man most of the first half.

Our defense is going to be very tough in goal line and red zone packages.

I saw a LOT of nice blocking downfield by all offensive positions.

Drew looked VERY sharp. Many of his passes were 3 steps and the ball was gone. On Drew's deep throw to Mould's, the ball out of his hands in less than 3 seconds. He also should some elusiveness on a couple of plays.

Travis Henry isn't going anywhere, we are infinitely better with both he and McGahee.

Shelton's PF was stevestojan because he trying to help defend Moulds. I'll take that penalty anyday.

Henry's fumble was Henry's fault, he had the ball cradled but didn't tuck it away and it got punched out. It was nice of Drew to take the blame.

It was great to see the offense with the HC talking on the sidelines - never saw that with GW. Also saw a nice shot of McNally working with the OL.

ST's look very solid. PR and KR teams are looking very promising.

If your a WR on the opposing team and they are throwing you the ball in TKO's area, I have one word..DUCK!

Clements is ROCK solid.

The big completion (40) yards to Calico wasn't Wires fault, he had single coverage on a WR which appeared to be a blown coverage. It's a mismatch Wire can't win.

The TD Vincent gave up was good coverage it was a great throw and catch.

There was a play in the 2nd quarter where Henry was tackled for loss. It was a broken play because our RG pulled and DT walked right through.

Play where Henry got hurt was a catchable pass and a clean hit. It's the same type of hit that TKO puts on recievers all the time. To me is seemed that it wasn't the hit as much as it was Bullock landing on him.

I'm really concerned about London Fletcher being on special teams but he is just CRUSHING people.

All the people throwing crap about MW are full of stevestojan. I watched every snap of his first two series and he's going to be fine.

Overall, a solid performance.

I agree on almost everything, Mike. Good report. My impression of the DE's penetration, however, was that the Titans were letting them, because the play was designed off tackle, and that our DEs were easily led wide and taking themselves out of the play, then would dive to try to make a showstring tackle but miss as the back cut up through the large hole.

And Henry's fumble was 100% Henry's fault, even if it wasn't a great handoff. He had two full steps while cradling the ball before he was hit.

Starting players should only play for 1/2 of the first quarter. This is to ensure no critcal injuries.

3623[/snapback]

I disagree with this statement. Maybe for the first game but as the preseason goes on the starters need to gel as a unit and get into "gameshape"...

I listened to the game via the tn feed and it seems that the bills are in good shape, bledsoe is holding his own, WM is getting yards, the line has not been too bad, it seems as though this young team is in a great shape with a couple more weeks til the real season

thank you very much mike.

3642[/snapback]

I disagree with this statement. Maybe for the first game but as the preseason goes on the starters need to gel as a unit and get into "gameshape"...

3628[/snapback]

Marv commented on telecast that the third preseason game is the time to only play starters a quarter or less.

You blew it.  :w00t:

3698[/snapback]

You know what was really odd? Watching the game this morning on a Tivo'd 4 a.m. recording off the NFL network, the first half of the game was Tasker and Marv, and the second half of the game was the Titan's broadcast. Because I was skipping through the commercials, I missed the transition for the first few minutes and kept thinking "What in the hell..."

Archived