Jonas Jennings has SF coach frustrated

Albany,n.y.

49ers | Nolan frustrated with Jennings' lack of playing

Wed, 18 Oct 2006 11:26:01 -0700

Matt Maiocco, of the Santa Rosa Press-Democrat, reports San Francisco 49ers head coach Mike Nolan has become frustrated with OL Jonas Jennings (wrist) due to his nagging injuries that are keeping him off the field. Nolan has said OL Adam Snyder is competing for playing time at both starting tackle positions, including the one currently held by Jennings. "I've got to get the best guys on the field," Nolan said. "I think competition makes you better."

Matt Maiocco, of the Santa Rosa Press-Democrat, reports San Francisco 49ers head coach Mike Nolan has become frustrated with OL Jonas Jennings (wrist) due to his nagging injuries that are keeping him off the field. Nolan has said OL Adam Snyder is competing for playing time at both starting tackle positions, including the one currently held by Jennings. "I've got to get the best guys on the field," Nolan said. "I think competition makes you better."

809208[/snapback]

This should be a form letter by now.

<insert team> | <insert coach> frustrated with Jennings' lack of playing

<insert date/time>

<insert source>, reports <insert team> head coach <insert coach> has become frustrated with OL Jonas Jennings <insert injury> due to his nagging injuries that are keeping him off the field. <insert coach> has said OL <insert backup OT> is competing for playing time at both starting tackle positions, including the one currently held by Jennings. "I've got to get the best guys on the field," <insert coach> said. "I think competition makes you better."

TD certainly sucked in trying to build a TEAM rather than merely a team, but not resigning Jennings was one of the smarter things he did.

809279[/snapback]

JJ ought to be facing grand larceny charges.

JJ ought to be facing grand larceny charges.

809350[/snapback]

Not really. I fault SF for stupidly giving their cap room away but not JJ for following the rule and laughing all the way to the bank. Its SF's fault for not seeing that he was obviously injury prone as he failed to start or failed to finish one quarter of his final season with the Bills.

As long as he truly his hurt I do not think he is guilty of anything.

809208[/snapback]

Perhaps we should resign Jonas Jennings to the largest contract in NFL history for a tackle and start down the road towards the "All Carted Off" Team.

It's not a fallacy and it won't surprise me at all if "Hangnail" Jennings makes regular appearances in the Bay Area now that he has a fat contract.

Friggin' genius, I tell ya. :unsure:

Maybe so, but BADOL dubbed him "Jennings A La Cart" long before that...

809422[/snapback]

I don't remember that, though I'm certainly not the only one who saw through Jennings "act" (Ruben Brown sure as hell did).

I do remember posting something a couple of season's ago saying something about Jennings always being a loser who was always one bad step at the buffet line from a career ending injury. I so miss him. :unsure:

I don't remember that, though I'm certainly not the only one who saw through Jennings "act" (Ruben Brown sure as hell did).

I do remember posting something a couple of season's ago saying something about Jennings always being a loser who was always one bad step at the buffet line from a career ending injury.  I so miss him.  :unsure:

809449[/snapback]

Now that I think about it, that sobriquet was from a Lot 1 postgame conference a few years back; I've mentioned it on here a couple of times, but I'm not sure if BADOL himself ever did. His point wasn't so much that Jennings was injury-prone, but that he apparently shares a very low pain threshold with BigMike.

Still patiently waiting for JJ's first sixteen-game season...

I do remember posting something a couple of season's ago saying something about Jennings always being a loser who was always one bad step at the buffet line from a career ending injury.  I so miss him.  :unsure:

809449[/snapback]

what did brown say? i'm curious (paraphrase is fine; i trust you).

A blast from the past:

My suspiscion is that Jennings isn't injury prone, but that he has a low tolerance for pain relative to other NFL players.  I remember a game a couple years back(believe it was home vs. Dolphins 02') where Ruben Brown had to berate Jennings into playing thru pain and finishing a game.

I thought that said it all.  This guy goes out of the lineup too quickly.  I think it's fair to assume that the last two seasons will be as good as it gets for Jennings playing thru pain because he is playing for the contract of his life, and yet, he missed much of the second half of last year and has come out of the lineup a number of times this year for what I think it's safe to say are minor aches and pains that a lot of players play thru.

Jennings is a talented player, but clearly his value is diminished by the fact that he comes out of the lineup a lot at a position where continuity during the season is so important.  Now that the Bills have a real NFL OL coach in place, it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see them let Jennings walk despite his talent.  Hard to justify $5-$6M per season on a long term deal for a guy who you can assume is going to miss a lot of snaps.

I'll say it, I don't think it is a coincidence at all that Jason Peters has been getting PT late in the season and that he got the mop-up duty normally reserved for Marcus Price last weekend.  The little bit I have seen of Peters at tackle tells me that this guy has the quick feet and explosiveness to be a dynamic player.  I think the issue is does he have the focus to take a big step next season.  He's had a couple penalties, and got away with at least one false start in the Seattle game so it's not a given.

I think McNally will have a huge say in how aggressively the Bills pursue re-signing Jennings.

Nothing publically.  I specifically remember one game that Jennings was trying to pull the chute and Ruben got in his face about it.  Jennings stayed in.

809564[/snapback]

Man, I'm glad we cut Ruben. That guy was a loser, had no heart, was a crappy leader, poor community guy, and was obviously past his prime. :unsure: