Flyers waive Baumgartner, Nedved, Dimitrakos

taterhill

They did this to bring a few phamtom players up.

Bumgarter will remain with the Flyers if he clears waivers, whereas Nedved and Dmitrakos will be playing in the AHL.

Most likely they will all clear waivers given their huge salaries.

:doh::):devil: indeed.

This is a great read by Tim Panaccio of the Philly Inquirer:

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/15789305.htm

Notables lines/quotes:

Baumgartner, you might recall, was supposed to be the Flyers' prized free-agent defensive acquisition this summer to help the club become quicker on the blue line.

"I thought we, well, I can't even describe what I'm thinking," Flyers GM Bob Clarke said today.

Clarke then dealt with a quote from center Mike Richards, who said last night about the loss: "Typical Philadelphia Flyers hockey game there. We got behind the eight ball, we had a little bit of pressure on us and we folded."

At practice today, captain Peter Forsberg said he was "ashamed of last night's defeat," calling it "the most humiliating in my career."

As the previous poster stated, hate to be repetitive but...

:doh::):devil::lol:

Clarke responded: "I think when a player says that there is truth to it, players recognize it [when a team folds] before anybody. In the sense, we were lucky our goaltending [Robert Esche] was pretty good, it could have been much worse [than 9-1].

Wow. I mean.... wow.

I almost feel bad, then I remember it's the Flyers. Then I think :doh::):devil::lol:

Clarke responded: "I think when a player says that there is truth to it, players recognize it [when a team folds] before anybody. In the sense, we were lucky our goaltending [Robert Esche] was pretty good, it could have been much worse [than 9-1].

"We'd better identify this problem and fix it; it's not just one or two players."

Jeez, Bobby, you think? Maybe you should think of canning the GM too? :unsure:

I dont feel bad at all, I remember the fans pouring beer and soda on Lindy after they beat the Sabres a couple of years back in the playoffs.

$%%^ that team. Those sh-- heads deserve it

I concur...oh yeah :unsure::P:doh::huh:

"We'd better identify this problem and fix it; it's not just one or two players."

Without a doubt Clarke is the worst gm in the NHL. Maybe even worse than Snow! Really don't know how he has kept his job all these years. Has to be married to Snider's daughter or something. Flyers, at least up until the new salary cap era, were among the teams with the highest payrolls for years. Clarke has managed to make glaring mistakes ensuring his teams would not win cups.

Without a doubt Clarke is the worst gm in the NHL. Maybe even worse than Snow! Really don't know how he has kept his job all these years. Has to be married to Snider's daughter or something.

809615[/snapback]

I really think this is one of the great mysteries in all of sports. Prior to the lockout, Clarke could always be blamed for the fact that Philly didn't have the goaltending to win it all (except for years when they stumbled upon flashes in the pan like Boucher and Cechmanek).

That being said, the butcher job he's done after the lockout has just been tremendous. Okay, fine...there were a few teams that tried to remain set in the "old NHL" ways, Philly being one of them. If you really want, go ahead and give Clarke along with a few others a one-year pass if only because he didn't have the foresight that Buffalo did.

But the fact that we're entering year two of the "new NHL" and his answer for that sluggish, slow defense that the Sabres exposed in the playoffs was Nolan Baumgartner tells you everything you need to know.