How about the "U"?

Donna Shalalah has instituted measures by which players would be removed from the team for actions of the sort that FIU instigated.

If you think that Miami is the only team ever involved in a bench clearing brawl then you're delusional.  See any Baseball games ever? Batters charging the mound and the dugouts open up. Watch Hockey lately?  All the skaters and once and a while the goalies beating the crap out of one another.  Oh, that's OK, that's accepted.  It's expected. It's a knee jerk reaction.  It makes news. 

I don't agree with the helmet swinging, or the head stomping.  I agree with sticking up for a team mate.

It's old news.  It's tired, like every time I hear about the Bills 4 Superbowl losses.

also:

condoned

rambled

she was: not was was

summarize not summerize

808703[/snapback]

What DIB said.

For those of you who did not see the game, the whole thing was started by FIU when they mugged the long snapper after an extra point. That is why most of the players suspended were from FIU. Most of the guys on FIU are disgruntled because they were not recruited by UM. It was apparent throughout the game that many of the FIU guys were going out or their way looking for a fight.

It should be noted that the FIU administration apologized to UM for what their players started.

Having said all that, there is NO excuse for Reddick swinging his helmet. He has been suspended indefinitely by UM.

Interestingly, at the end of the Peach Bowl last year, some LSU players attacked some UM players in the tunnel by swinging their helmets at their head. As I recall, one or two of the UM players had to receive medical treatment and/or go to the hospital.

Why is that interesting? Because I do not recall one person on this board posting that LSU should have suspended any of their players. Where was the outcry?

The fact of the matter is that FIU started this whole thing, the UM players tried to protect Perelli (the long snapper), and most of what went wrong was because of FIU players.

Two UM players stepped way over the line. There is no excuse for what they did. I do not have any trouble, however, with any of the other players trying to protect a teammate or teammates.

What DIB said.

For those of you who did not see the game, the whole thing was started by FIU when they mugged the long snapper after an extra point.  That is why most of the players suspended were from FIU.  Most of the guys on FIU are disgruntled because they were not recruited by UM.  It was apparent throughout the game that many of the FIU guys were going out or their way looking for a fight. 

It should be noted that the FIU administration apologized to UM for what their players started.

Having said all that, there is NO excuse for Reddick swinging his helmet.  He has been suspended indefinitely by UM.

Interestingly, at the end of the Peach Bowl last year, some LSU players attacked some UM players in the tunnel by swinging their helmets at their head.  As I recall, one or two of the UM players had to receive medical treatment and/or go to the hospital.

Why is that interesting?  Because I do not recall one person on this board posting that LSU should have suspended any of their players.  Where was the outcry?

The fact of the matter is that FIU started this whole thing, the UM players tried to protect Perelli (the long snapper), and most of what went wrong was because of FIU players. 

Two UM players stepped way over the line.  There is no excuse for what they did.  I do not have any trouble, however, with any of the other players trying to protect a teammate or teammates.

808841[/snapback]

I could care less if the fans started it. the point of fact is that the UM scumbags treated it like it was a ghetto asss street fight, and should punished, if not brought up on charges. Notice how FIU layed the smack down on their thugs? All suspended indefinitely, and 2 players kicked off the team. Along with anger counseling and community service. But UM decides that a 1 game suspension against Duke is appropriate. what a fuggin joke. If i was FIU, i'd bring criminal charges against reddick and merriweather.

What DIB said.

For those of you who did not see the game, the whole thing was started by FIU when they mugged the long snapper after an extra point.  That is why most of the players suspended were from FIU.  Most of the guys on FIU are disgruntled because they were not recruited by UM.  It was apparent throughout the game that many of the FIU guys were going out or their way looking for a fight. 

Having said all that, there is NO excuse for Reddick swinging his helmet.  He has been suspended indefinitely by UM.

Interestingly, at the end of the Peach Bowl last year, some LSU players attacked some UM players in the tunnel by swinging their helmets at their head.  As I recall, one or two of the UM players had to receive medical treatment and/or go to the hospital.

Why is that interesting?  Because I do not recall one person on this board posting that LSU should have suspended any of their players.  Where was the outcry?

Two UM players stepped way over the line.  There is no excuse for what they did.  I do not have any trouble, however, with any of the other players trying to protect a teammate or teammates.

808841[/snapback]

Now I get it. They were protecting their own. Makes perfect sense. They should be lauded and here I've been calling for stricter punishment. And FIU did apoligize, which means they are totally to blame for the entire incident. OK, feel much better now.

Nice mentality:

"Now, that's what I'm talking about," Thomas said as the brawl raged out of control. "You come into our house, you should get your behind kicked. You don't come into the OB playing that stuff. You're across the ocean over there. You're across the city. You can't come over to our place talking noise like that. You'll get your butt beat. I was about to go down the elevator to get in that thing

Lamar Thomas was fired for those comments. What an ass. Then again, look where he graduated from. :doh:

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/10095894/detail.html

My God who cares? A bunch of players, many of whom come from violent backgrounds at home, play the most violent game we can think of, and we get into an uproar when a fight breaks out?

I don't know why anybody is getting angry over this. That whole scene was great! Don't worry, soon enough you can all forget about this 'horrific' incident, until you get your panties in a wad for two days the next time a brawl breaks out.

The guy swinging his helmet was the ballziest guy out there and should receive no suspension. My helmet would have been triple-strapped to my head. The guy stomping people was the only one with any brains. What are you going to do- punch a guy in the helmet or in his body armour with your bare hand?

I hope there weren't kids watching, that was easily the most violent thing on TV Saturday night... :doh:

Let's see, she gave the cleat-user one game. The helmet swinger one game.

And that game JUST happens to be agaisnt Duke. Oh the pain. How will they ever recover?

:doh:

808706[/snapback]

actually Miami did not impose any penalties.

They simply agreed with what the ACC imposed.