How about the "U"?

Shelala (sp???) was giving a speech on ESPN, talking about how fighting is no longer condone. She ramb;ed on for ever and it seemed was was announcing some changes to the program, but I lost interest after about 10 minutes of the BS. Anyone want to summerize what changes she is imposing.

Shelala (sp???) was giving a speech on ESPN, talking about how fighting is no longer condone.  She ramb;ed on for ever and it seemed was was announcing some changes to the program, but I lost interest after about 10 minutes of the BS.  Anyone want to summerize what changes she is imposing.

808686[/snapback]

Yeah, they suspended a few players for the Duke game. They'll be back for GA Tech.

LMAO. What a fricking joke. Those criminals ougth to be locked up for assault.

What a shock, Shalala and a statement with no substance. I believe the plan is speak out strong, but with little action. Same old stuff from her only now she is a University Pres.

Mike & Mike had her on and they are talking about the fact she has not even reviewed the tape. She tried to mis-represent that she had reviewed the tape, but they called her on it since she stated yesterday she did not.

I know they set her up and Fox News is responsible.

Shelala (sp???) was giving a speech on ESPN, talking about how fighting is no longer condone.  She ramb;ed on for ever and it seemed was was announcing some changes to the program, but I lost interest after about 10 minutes of the BS.  Anyone want to summerize what changes she is imposing.

808686[/snapback]

Donna Shalalah has instituted measures by which players would be removed from the team for actions of the sort that FIU instigated.

If you think that Miami is the only team ever involved in a bench clearing brawl then you're delusional. See any Baseball games ever? Batters charging the mound and the dugouts open up. Watch Hockey lately? All the skaters and once and a while the goalies beating the crap out of one another. Oh, that's OK, that's accepted. It's expected. It's a knee jerk reaction. It makes news.

I don't agree with the helmet swinging, or the head stomping. I agree with sticking up for a team mate.

It's old news. It's tired, like every time I hear about the Bills 4 Superbowl losses.

also:

condoned

rambled

she was: not was was

summarize not summerize

Donna Shalalah has instituted measures by which players would be removed from the team for actions of the sort that FIU instigated.

If you think that Miami is the only team ever involved in a bench clearing brawl then you're delusional.  See any Baseball games ever? Batters charging the mound and the dugouts open up. Watch Hockey lately?  All the skaters and once and a while the goalies beating the crap out of one another.  Oh, that's OK, that's accepted.  It's expected. It's a knee jerk reaction.  It makes news. 

I don't agree with the helmet swinging, or the head stomping.  I agree with sticking up for a team mate.

It's old news.  It's tired, like every time I hear about the Bills 4 Superbowl losses.

also:

condoned

rambled

summarize not summerize

808703[/snapback]

Let's see, she gave the cleat-user one game. The helmet swinger one game.

And that game JUST happens to be agaisnt Duke. Oh the pain. How will they ever recover?

:P

Let's see, she gave the cleat-user one game. The helmet swinger one game.

And that game JUST happens to be agaisnt Duke. Oh the pain. How will they ever recover?

:P

808706[/snapback]

You must be able to see quite a distance from the high horse you're on.

The "helmet swinger" FYI has been suspended indefinitley and will probably be cut.

It's mysterious how most major colleges suspend players only if the next week's team is a cupcake, or they suspend them for a 'quarter'. It must really sting not to start a game.

BTW you didnt address basebrawls or hockey. Are we being selective?

You must be able to see quite a distance from the high horse you're on.

The "helmet swinger" FYI has been suspended indefinitley and will probably be cut.

It's mysterious how most major colleges suspend players only if the next week's team is a cupcake, or they suspend them for a 'quarter'.  It must really sting not to start a game.

BTW you didnt address basebrawls or hockey.  Are we being selective?

808715[/snapback]

With all due respect to my favorite "U" apologist, a baseball fight is never like that. Yeah, I like to see stiff sentences in hockey, as in the Bertuzzi situation.

I was appalled at the celebration UM had on the sideline after the initial brawl. It was as if they were rejoicing in being able to separate single opposing players and gang whipping them. Notice how they do the pack mentality fighting, one-on-one, very little action just jawing, six-on-one they are all over it. A shame of a program and the University basically backs it up by the sanctions levied in the case.

With all due respect to my favorite "U" apologist, a baseball fight is never like that. Yeah, I like to see stiff sentences in hockey, as in the Bertuzzi situation.

808716[/snapback]

Or when the guy was arrested in Canada a few years ago for the stick-swing to the head.

If that scene had occurred on the street there would have been arrests. Not suspentions. What is it that legal jurisdiction ends on the playing field? That was in NO way part of a game. This is a slap on the wrist SIMPLY b/c of the money involved, and these primadonnas learn early they can get away with damn near ANYTHING.

The violence trickles down into society, and pretty soon people wonder why they can't walk outside anymore. We need to stand up to thugs, not make excuses for them b/c they wear our teams' laundry.

All players according to what was said on Mike and Mike this morning will be available for the G-Tech game in two weeks. That's very sad. Florida Int or who ever they are did the right thing and went far, far beyond what Miami did.

If you think that Miami is the only team ever involved in a bench clearing brawl then you're delusional.  See any Baseball games ever? Batters charging the mound and the dugouts open up. Watch Hockey lately?  All the skaters and once and a while the goalies beating the crap out of one another.  Oh, that's OK, that's accepted.  It's expected. It's a knee jerk reaction.  It makes news. 

I don't agree with the helmet swinging, or the head stomping.  I agree with sticking up for a team mate.

It's old news.  It's tired, like every time I hear about the Bills 4 Superbowl losses.

also:

condoned

rambled

summarize not summerize

808703[/snapback]

dib--I understand your loyalties, but this isn't the first incident. Last year's Peach? Bowl. UL this year. Last week's game.

Seeing the players celebrating after the melee--helmets held high jumping up and down....is sad.

Reading the coaches comments after the game where he deflected responsibility...is sad.

Donna Shillelagh trying to explain that a one game suspension (against Duke) is the proper punishment...is sad.

I was appalled at the celebration UM had on the sideline after the initial brawl. It was as if they were rejoicing in being able to separate single opposing players and gang whipping them. Notice how they do the pack mentality fighting, one-on-one, very little action just jawing,  six-on-one they are all over it. A shame of a program and the University basically backs it up by the sanctions levied in the case.

808737[/snapback]

Not to mention the celebration going on in the broadcast booth....

Analyst fired, comments during telecast of brawl to be edited

Not to mention the celebration going on in the broadcast booth....

Analyst fired, comments during telecast of brawl to be edited

808797[/snapback]

I heard the "full" version broadcast yesterday morning, on the local AM radio sports station.

The guy would still have his job if he would have shut up after his first few statements. :P

I find it telling, that all of you, like the media have conveniently forgotten that iit was FIU that instigated the fight by attacking what were unquestionably the smallest players on the field.

Apologist. No. But perhaps if you came out from behind your curtain of anonymity it wouldnt be so easy to point fingers or throw stones.

btw a Shillelagh is a walking stick used by the Irish.

So that's it. I'm not going to argue incessantly about the incident.

I find it telling, that all of you, like the media have conveniently forgotten that iit was FIU that instigated the fight by attacking what were unquestionably the smallest players on the field.

Apologist.  No. But perhaps if you came out from behind your curtain of anonymity it wouldnt be so easy to point fingers or throw stones.

btw a Shillelagh is a walking stick used by the Irish.So that's it.  I'm not going to argue incessantly about the incident.

808829[/snapback]

My sad pathetic attempt at humor. Sorry for that.

No one is questioning who started the altercation (and it should have ended right there). One might question who escalated it. One might question why the players celebrated. One might question the head coach's comments deflecting blame. One might question the 'penalty' imposed by the University President. One might question the overall atmosphere within the athletic department that allows such an embarassing incident to occur.

That's all I got. You have blind loyalty to the institution and there's something to be said for that.