Thank God for the Sabres...

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching last night's game I couldn't help but be reminded of the early days of the no-huddle offense. The Sabres are faster, quicker, smarter and more talented than every team they have played so far and teams are scrambling to try and figure out how to stop it.

Last night wasn't even close. Philly honestly didn't even look like they belonged in the same league.

Buffalo...we have an excellent, excellent team on our hands.

Just remember how you feel right now during the inevitable lull (that every team has), when Miller lets in a soft one from the point and the offense can't rescue him. It'll still be the same team. Don't give them the bum's rush at that point.

I believe in this team and am so excited, I just don't want to see more of the manic reactions or predictions with the high highs and low lows.

We could easily see a couple Bills wins and a Sabres skid and this board would be humming a different tune. For now, the Sabres are exciting and the Bills have work to do.

This Monday I'm going to Montreal , anyone else going?

808831[/snapback]

That should be a good one. That will be on nationally on VS as well. Montreal will be jacked up to play at their place, especially if the Sabres win two more this weekend and walk in there undefeated.

Montreal was one of the few teams who could skate with Buffalo last season, and they outskated the Sabres for stretches when they met earlier this year. Buffalo needed two goals in the last four minutes just to force a shootout. They are one of the few teams the Sabres do not dictate tempo against.

That should be a good one.  That will be on nationally on VS as well.  Montreal will be jacked up to play at their place, especially if the Sabres win two more this weekend and walk in there undefeated.

Montreal was one of the few teams who could skate with Buffalo last season, and they outskated the Sabres for stretches when they met earlier this year.  Buffalo needed two goals in the last four minutes just to force a shootout.  They are one of the few teams the Sabres do not dictate tempo against.

808849[/snapback]

Well said. And Huet is just good enough to keep them in close games. They match us very well with their overall speed. I'm kind of worried about it but just pumped I get to see them live.

Just remember how you feel right now during the inevitable lull (that every team has), when Miller lets in a soft one from the point and the offense can't rescue him.  It'll still be the same team.  Don't give them the bum's rush at that point.

I believe in this team and am so excited, I just don't want to see more of the manic reactions or predictions with the high highs and low lows.

We could easily see a couple Bills wins and a Sabres skid and this board would be humming a different tune.  For now, the Sabres are exciting and the Bills have work to do.

808842[/snapback]

Typical Buffalonian. I think if this city ever gets another professional frachise it should be named the Eeyors. :doh:

Montreal was one of the few teams who could skate with Buffalo last season, and they outskated the Sabres for stretches when they met earlier this year.  Buffalo needed two goals in the last four minutes just to force a shootout.  They are one of the few teams the Sabres do not dictate tempo against.

808849[/snapback]

Except that the Sabres are getting more powerful with each passing minute. Maybe four games ago Montreal had a chance but that was two weeks ago. The Sabres get bigger, faster, stronger, and taller with each game. I attended two Sabres games this season and just being in their presence made me an inch taller and better looking.

I'm projecting the Sabres to be 25-0 by the end of this month. To let you know how well things are going, it's 11:15am and Chris Drury just scored another goal. I don't even know how..... :doh:

Typical Buffalonian.  I think if this city ever gets another professional frachise it should be named the Eeyors.  :doh:

808865[/snapback]

Haha. I'm just reminiscing on JSP's ripping of Miller last year. I truly believe this team is better than last year's and they have every shot to take the Cup they should have gotten last year, if not for injuries. For me, I feel fortunate to watch them and fortunate to have two teams that tie me back to the area.

BTW don't you hate hockey? And I'm a Fredonian, never lived in Buffalo or even Erie County. :)

Haha.  I'm just reminiscing on JSP's ripping of Miller last year.  I truly believe this team is better than last year's and they have every shot to take the Cup they should have gotten last year, if not for injuries.  For me, I feel fortunate to watch them and fortunate to have two teams that tie me back to the area.

BTW don't you hate hockey?  And I'm a Fredonian, never lived in Buffalo or even Erie County.  :doh:

808874[/snapback]

Was a little irked with Miller last postseason, yes. He looks improved this year, though!

Except that the Sabres are getting more powerful with each passing minute.  Maybe four games ago Montreal had a chance but that was two weeks ago.  The Sabres get bigger, faster, stronger, and taller with each game.  I attended two Sabres games this season and just being in their presence made me an inch taller and better looking. 

I'm projecting the Sabres to be 25-0 by the end of this month.  To let you know how well things are going, it's 11:15am and Chris Drury just scored another goal.  I don't even know how..... :doh:

808866[/snapback]

Whoa there, they're a good team, probably one of the strongest in the NHL, but let's not start comparisons to the great Red Wings team that practically went undefeated.

It will be a tight game and fun to watch as well.

Whoa there, they're a good team, probably one of the strongest in the NHL, but let's not start comparisons to the great Red Wings team that practically went undefeated.

It will be a tight game and fun to watch as well.

809033[/snapback]

You referring to the team that only lost 13 in the regular season, but then lost 9 in the post season while getting thumped by the Colorado Nordiques? The same team that needed a double overtime Game 7 win just to sneak past a team that finished more than 50 points behind it in the standings?

Yeah, that team was "great". :doh:

You referring to the team that only lost 13 in the regular season, but then lost 9 in the post season while getting thumped by the Colorado Nordiques?  The same team that needed a double overtime Game 7 win just to sneak past a team that finished more than 50 points behind it in the standings?

Yeah, that team was "great".  :)

809045[/snapback]

I wasn't talking about the postseason. I was just talking about regular season. It pissed me off because it beat the Canadians record of most points in a season :doh: