34 members have voted

1. 1. Who needs to leave?

• Schobel
    • Schobel Kelsay
    • Schobel Kelsay Denney
    • Kelsay
    • Kelsay Denney
    • Denney

Anthony Hargrove, plain and simple. Even if he is only a modest upgrade it shows the team's dissatisfaction at the position. I wouldn't get used to any of these DE's.

808675[/snapback]

So you are saying that since the Bills only rotate 3 DE's in a game, when most other teams use 4, adding a 4th DE that we should have already had means we are dissatisfied at the position?

We are dissatisfied that we only have 3 useful DE's if anything, i mean come on.... Eric Powell? We needed an upgrade.

I really don't know what Kelsay's asking price will be after the season. I personally don't think he's a liability. So whether or not he stays will depend on the economics of the team. I think Hargrove will be tendered an offer and will stay with the team next season, I think he may will prove to be the second best DE on the team by season's end. Powell has to prove to me he's more than an emergency back up and a scrub.

So you are saying that since the Bills only rotate 3 DE's in a game, when most other teams use 4, adding a 4th DE that we should have already had means we are dissatisfied at the position?

We are dissatisfied that we only have 3 useful DE's if anything, i mean come on.... Eric Powell? We needed an upgrade.

809177[/snapback]

I am saying that football trades are pretty rare. The one deal you make is at a position that nobody (here) thinks is a need.

Maybe Tim Anderson isn't the only reason the Bills are weak against the run. Maybe Marv thinks that 3 useful DE's don't add up to a single difference maker at a position that can wreck an opposing offense. Maybe its goodbye mediocrity one area at a time. Food for thought, anyway.

It could be.  Too bad there is no true difference maker.  All three are good complemenatry type players.  I can see all of them being absolute monsters (a la Bryce Paup) if we had that one guy who could command a double team.

809166[/snapback]

Well we did have Pat Williams and Sam Adams in 2004, but now Kelsay and Denney are two years better. I wonder how much of a difference it would have made if they were where they are now two years ago.

Why does anyone need to leave? Denney is a straight up monster this year, i cant speak for how he is on running plays but he is just wreaking havoc in backfields this year. Denney and Kelsay are leading this team in sacks.

808636[/snapback]

Defensive End might be the strongest, deepest position on the team.

If it isn't, what is?

809117[/snapback]

I've been under this impression myself but......if the 3 of them are good enough, i.e. Schobel is good....Denney is a monster etc, why is it that we do not seem to get any pressure what so ever on opposing QBs through most of the games? Against NYJ, Min, Chi & Det, QB pressure from the DEs was virtually non-existent.

I understand some pressure up the middle would be good but....again I think, if these guys are actually good, they should be able to regularly beat their guys 1 on 1 particularly since their opponents have been often rookies/fill-ins/backups/garbage.

I'm not saying that they are no good.....I'm asking that if they are good, what is going wrong?