Good News, and, Bad News

Dr. Trooth

First, the bad news. After us all being bummed out over the Whipping in the Windy City and then the Meltdown in the Motor City, now we get to watch our beloved Bills take a beating from Belichicks Butt Berries coming off a bye week, hungry and salivating. Come early, drink often, get drunk, and hopefully you'll pass out before kickoff.

But, there is a silver lining... the good news for those who attend or watch the game on the tube is that you will have the opportunity to see what a real stud at RB looks like. I'm not being a smarta$$ either. I hate the Pats as much as any other fan, but damn... this Laurence Maroney kid is the real deal. He can run the football with authority... he's got power, speed, can make a defender miss, and can catch the rock. I'm pretty sure that he can block too... or else Belichick wouldn't bother having him suit up. He's a threat to take it to the house every time he touches it. And, against the Bills run defense, he could cut loose a lot. If he was on a team that didn't distribute the ball all over the place on offense, he'd be in the top 5 easily. Laurence better cut those locks off though, because that's the only thing a defender is going to be able to latch onto once he gets past them. Unless, of course he thinks he might enjoy the Troy Polamalu treatment. TKO wouldn't do that... would he?

The good news is that we get to watch a new stud RB for the PATRIOTS? I can certainly recognize that Maroney is a very good, young back...and will probably be a thorn in our side for years to come, but how you consider that GOOD NEWS is beyond me.

Screw the Pats....they're going down.

Maroney is a very good, young back...and will probably be a thorn in our side for years to come, but how you consider that GOOD NEWS is beyond me.

Good news only in a sense that since us Bills fans don't get to see what a good running back is very much. Quite a few of us don't seem to recognize what a great back is. I mean, since Thermal left (Travis had some big games and teased us a bit, but no cigar) the Bills RB situation... well, let's just say it ain't what it used to be. When you watch Maroney and then stack him up against what the Bills have at RB ( I don't think I need to mention names), well... at least now we have a renewed frame of reference of what a really good RB is. DAmn, I wish this guy was a Bill.

First, the bad news.  After us all being bummed out over the Whipping in the Windy City and then the Meltdown in the Motor City, now we get to watch our beloved Bills take a beating from Belichicks Butt Berries coming off a bye week, hungry and salivating.  Come early, drink often, get drunk, and hopefully you'll pass out before kickoff.

But, there is a silver lining... the good news for those who attend or watch the game on the tube is that you will have the opportunity to see what a real stud at RB looks like.  I'm not being a smarta$$ either.  I hate the Pats as much as any other fan, but damn... this Laurence Maroney kid is the real deal.  He can run the football with authority... he's got power, speed, can make a defender miss, and can catch the rock.  I'm pretty sure that he can block too... or else Belichick wouldn't bother having him suit up.  He's a threat to take it to the house every time he touches it.  And, against the Bills run defense, he could cut loose a lot.  If he was on a team that didn't distribute the ball all over the place on offense, he'd be in the top 5 easily.  Laurence better cut those locks off though, because that's the only thing a defender is going to be able to latch onto once he gets past them.  Unless, of course he thinks he might enjoy the Troy Polamalu treatment.  TKO wouldn't do that... would he?

808423[/snapback]

I guess I am getting tired of hearing how we as BILLS FANS should marvel and be in aw over some other teams and their players. If you want to do that... go ahead do that. Just don't write about it.

Oh yeah, by the way McGahee is number 5 overall for NFL RBs. Maroney 25. :P;):)

Good news only in a sense that since us Bills fans don't get to see what a good running back is very much.  Quite a few of us don't seem to recognize what a great back is.  I mean, since Thermal left (Travis had some big games and teased us a bit, but no cigar) the Bills RB situation... well, let's just say it ain't what it used to be.  When you watch Maroney and then stack him up against what the Bills have at RB ( I don't think I need to mention names),  well... at least now we have a renewed frame of reference of what a really good RB is.  DAmn, I wish this guy was a Bill.

808642[/snapback]

And yes, in age of Satellite TVs, NFL Sunday Ticket, ESPN... we have no idea what other RBs are doing. :P;):)

Good news only in a sense that since us Bills fans don't get to see what a good running back is very much.  Quite a few of us don't seem to recognize what a great back is.  I mean, since Thermal left (Travis had some big games and teased us a bit, but no cigar) the Bills RB situation... well, let's just say it ain't what it used to be.  When you watch Maroney and then stack him up against what the Bills have at RB ( I don't think I need to mention names),  well... at least now we have a renewed frame of reference of what a really good RB is.  DAmn, I wish this guy was a Bill.

808642[/snapback]

Please don't say "us" bills fans. I don't want to be included in your ball-washing of other teams rb's. :P

Put McGahee behind the Pats o-line (or behind the o-lines of half the league) and you would see a completly different RB

Maroney has looked pretty good for a rookie but not that impressive.

808762[/snapback]

He's gonna run through our D like a hot knife through a Snickers bar. Sombitch will have a minimum of 115 yards at the half. Not that that's saying much.

I guess I am getting tired of hearing how we as BILLS FANS should marvel and be in aw over some other teams and their players. If you want to do that... go ahead do that. Just don't write about it.

Oh yeah, by the way McGahee is number 5 overall for NFL RBs. Maroney 25.

Did I write something illegal? When did you get your board moderator license? Can you publish a list of what not to think and write?

Willis #5, Maroney #25? Hoorah!!! and great comparison i might add. Willis, 6 games, Maroney, 5. Willis 3.9 YPC, Maroney, 4.3 YPC. I may be mistaken, but, this ain't golf so Maroney trumps Willis in YPC. If Willis is your man, fine. I like to reach a little higher though.

He's gonna run through our D like a hot knife through a Snickers bar.  Sombitch will have a minimum of 115 yards at the half.  Not that that's saying much.

808765[/snapback]

Wouldn't the occasional peanut knock that knife off course? Would that be the equivalent of the random Spikes or Fletcher tackle, or a quick cutback by Maroney?