Marv's secret double life

:P

http://www.nypost.com/seven/10172006/gossi...six/pagesix.htm

NO SEATS FOR SPIELBERG 'NIECE'

October 17, 2006 -- STEVEN Spielberg, phone home - a woman who claims to be your niece has been shamelessly dropping your name in a bid to get red-carpet treatment at Los Angeles Fashion Week.

Ken Henman of Aline Media forwarded Page Six a series of whiny e-mails from one Emily Spielberg, who repeatedly wrote his company, touting her alleged link to the director of "Jaws," "Schindler's List" and "War of the Worlds" in a bid to get front-row seats to the runway show for Life & Death, a new line from the designers of Antik Denim.

"Its emily spielberg steven spielbergs niece . . . Sorry I'm emailing you so late please put me on the list . . . please try for front row. This is a late e-mail cause I'm in the process of switching publicists. Thanks me plus one," the seat-seeker wrote.

Informed by Henman the show was full, Emily then asked for standing room for herself and her mother, "and we can find a seat." When Henman responded that the only exceptions were "A-list celebrities and media," Emily fired back: "I think spielberg is a list, don't u?"

The publicist finally told the alleged Spielberg relative, "You are not Steven and you are not accepted. Have a nice day!" But she remained undeterred. "I'm attending every other show I want. The reason for the late notice is because I was in paris for their fashion week . . . I see a problem with front row, but you can't even get me plus one into the show?"

"Does she ever give up?" Henman mused.

Emily Spielberg, who told Page Six she's actually the filmmaker's "second or third cousin - we're not even sure," said she saw no problem with dropping Steven Spielberg's name: "Whatever works. Wouldn't you do that, too?" She insisted that the director's office was aware of her and didn't mind her using his name.

But Spielberg's rep, Marvin Levy, says that's news to him: "It's not a name that's familiar. People do this. They'll toss out a name on the chance that no one will check. Could it be someone who is three or four or five times removed, someone that hasn't been heard from in 30 years? It's possible."