Marv on Anthony Hargrove

Albany,n.y.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh BD, the Clarett thing was a joke.  Just like the Williams and Moulds things were jokes.

808517[/snapback]

Yes, they were jokes and in good fun, but they also rang of truth. Wasn't Clarett initially kicked out of school due to academics? Hargrove was. We all know Mike Williams situation with disappearing due to personal issues and how that was a sign of things to come, will it be for Hargrove as well? And Moulds having his blow up with his coach, which Hargrove did as well, is that a sign of his team first mentality as well? And we've got them all wrapped up in one guy for only a 5th rounder.

I don't see what Hargrove did as being even CLOSE to what Williams or Moulds pulled.  Your children come first EVERY TIME.

808572[/snapback]

I would agree with that, which is why this was mostly tongue in cheek, but there's enough warning signs out there that I'm not jumping on board with parting with a 5th rounder because Marv said he's OK. After all, he's coming from a team that keeps Leonard Little on their roster, so if he was any good they'd have lived with his personal issues.

Well, that 5th rounder Buffalo gave the Rams can help us now. But I guess since draft picks are golden, and are always guaranteed to work out, this is a bad move. They took the 5th round pick and played the draft early by picking up someone who is still young and the bills have been able to watch play in the NFL. Its a slightly less gamble then using the 5th on an unproven college player who may never see the field.

I don't see what Hargrove did as being even CLOSE to what Williams or Moulds pulled.  Your children come first EVERY TIME.

808572[/snapback]

Yes, the children come first and that's just a lovely sentiment because who in the world would argue it?

But the team comes next and I suspect what bothered the Rams is not that he took care of his child but that he failed to tell anyone and was considered MIA, and if you've ever had a coworker suddenly disappear for a couple of days, you know as well as I do that they IMMEDIATELY and automatically lose whatever credibility they had.

If that is really the case, as it seems to be, then you can apply the T.O. Allaboutme Theory of "Once is an accident, twice is coincidence...and I don't !@#$ing believe in coinicidence."

You watch. This dude !@#$s up just once, and he's standing next to Ryan Leaf about to take your car rental confirmation number.

Well, that 5th rounder Buffalo gave the Rams can help us now. But I guess since draft picks are golden, and are always guaranteed to work out, this is a bad move. They took the 5th round pick and played the draft early by picking up someone who is still young and the bills have been able to watch play in the NFL. Its a slightly less gamble then using the 5th on an unproven college player who may never see the field.

808794[/snapback]

right on. its the draft pick paradox. draft picks are golden until the actual draft. then they become worthless, because the players picked will automatically suck. The same people that B word here for us trading a 5th rounder are the people that will be bitching that our 5th round pick sucks and will never amount to anything, because he's only a 5th rounder

Yes, the children come first and that's just a lovely sentiment because who in the world would argue it?

But the team comes next and I suspect what bothered the Rams is not that he took care of his child but that he failed to tell anyone and was considered MIA, and if you've ever had a coworker suddenly disappear for a couple of days, you know as well as I do that they IMMEDIATELY and automatically lose whatever credibility they had.

If that is really the case, as it seems to be, then you can apply the T.O. Allaboutme Theory of "Once is an accident, twice is coincidence...and I don't !@#$ing believe in coinicidence."

You watch. This dude !@#$s up just once, and he's standing next to Ryan Leaf about to take your car rental confirmation number.

808840[/snapback]

Does that mean that Gandy should be the dude vacuuming out the car for the next customer?

Does that mean that Gandy should be the dude vacuuming out the car for the next customer?

808859[/snapback]

After last weeks game, he should be the guy standing on the side of the road with an old newspaper and a spray bottle looking to wash your winshield for spare change as you are leaving the car rental place

right on. its the draft pick paradox. draft picks are golden until the actual draft. then they become worthless, because the players picked will automatically suck. The same people that B word here for us trading a 5th rounder are the people that will be bitching that our 5th round pick sucks and will never amount to anything, because he's only a 5th rounder

808850[/snapback]

Right, it's much less risky to throw your draft picks around on guys other NFL teams deemed worthy to not even dress. And I like Kyle Williams by the way, so thank you Houston for that throwaway 5th rounder.

speaking of fat mike, every time I hear his name I can't help but think of that Simpson's episode where Homer eats everything from the all-you-can-eat seafood buffet.

"ARRRRRRR 'Tis no man. 'Tis a remorseless eating machine!"

I like Hargrove he is very fast and agile for his position. I think he will help us out in the run-deffense. I also like how Juron new one of our needs and went out and solved it(atleast we hope). But I think he will help us and I am glad we got him for a fifth, which i think was a good price to pay.

Right, it's much less risky to throw your draft picks around on guys other NFL teams deemed worthy to not even dress.  And I like Kyle Williams by the way, so thank you Houston for that throwaway 5th rounder.

808908[/snapback]

How many time do you get someone like Williams, who had a great preseason but hasn't done much since then in the fifth round? In the draft you never know what you are going to get in an NFL player. You may find some Gems in the late rounds, and you may find soe guys that will never put on the uniform. Giving up a late Draft pick for a player who has atleast seen action in the NFL is not always a bad thing. But I guess any player that has ever been benched or cut from a team (for disciplenary reasons) is no good and will never suceed anywhere.

This guy is still young and was good enough to be a starter til he missed a few practises due to family reasons, maybe he turns it around and becomes a decent player.

How many time do you get someone like Williams, who had a great preseason but hasn't done much since then in the fifth round? In the draft you never know what you are going to get in an NFL player. You may find some Gems in the late rounds, and you may find soe guys that will never put on the uniform. Giving up a late Draft pick for a player who has atleast seen action in the NFL is not always a bad thing. But I guess any player that has ever been benched or cut from a team (for disciplenary reasons) is no good and will never suceed anywhere.

This guy is still young and was good enough to be a starter til he missed a few practises due to family reasons, maybe he turns it around and becomes a decent player.

811073[/snapback]

Your post is correct imo. Not a whole lot of superstars are taken in Round 5.

The Bills had some decent luck in that round, where they were able to land Sammy Morris (very good on STs), Jay Foreman (a good LB), Sam Aiken (great on special teams), and John Holocek, who was on his way to being a star, but injuries caught up with him.

The great thing about late round picks and UDFAs is when you DO click with them, they cost a lot less for a long time, and the money can be spent elsewhere.

I have no opinion one way or the other on this trade, but I think that we should be stockpiling draft picks as a rule, instead of coughing them up in trades. We need all the help we can get.

Jmo.

speaking of fat mike, every time I hear his name I can't help but think of that Simpson's episode where Homer eats everything from the all-you-can-eat seafood buffet.

"ARRRRRRR 'Tis no man.  'Tis a remorseless eating machine!"

809008[/snapback]

I heard Fat Mike went into a restaurant and ate everything in the restaurant and they had to close the restaurant.

I have no opinion one way or the other on this trade, but I think that we should be stockpiling draft picks as a rule, instead of coughing them up in trades. We need all the help we can get.

811123[/snapback]

True they should be stock piling picks, but whats the difference between swaping one late round pick for a young player with some NFL experience. I would understand this comment more if they swaped multiple picks for him, but imo, swaping a 5th for a young player with a bit of NFL experience is pretty much a wash. Its just like drafting him in the 5th except he has real game experience

I trust the Bills did their homework on Hargrove, but it should not have been too hard for Hargrove to call his coach and tell him his kid was sick. If he did and they said, "Forget the kid, come to practice," that's another story.