Hey WNY, if you want to

bills_fan

Here's the deal...

I've been calling around looking to buy a cord of firewood for the winter. About the cheapest I've found is 250 bucks for mixed hardwood (oak, maple, only some cherry). For an all-fruitwood cord, its 450 bucks. This is a lot of cash.

If you want to make some cash, with the downed trees and all, here's the plan....

My sources in WNY indicate that people are just putting signs on their lawns, "Free Wood", come take it away. We rent an 18 wheeler (with a driver), load it full of wood and bring down to NYC. I'll handle storage and distribution down here. We sell it for 150 - 200 a cord, split the profits.

Not a bad call right???

Here's the deal...

I've been calling around looking to buy a cord of firewood for the winter.  About the cheapest I've found is 250 bucks for mixed hardwood (oak, maple, only some cherry).  For an all-fruitwood cord, its 450 bucks.  This is a lot of cash.

If you want to make some cash, with the downed trees and all, here's the plan....

My sources in WNY indicate that people are just putting signs on their lawns, "Free Wood", come take it away.  We rent an 18 wheeler (with a driver), load it full of wood and bring down to NYC.  I'll handle storage and distribution down here.  We sell it for 150 - 200 a cord, split the profits.

Not a bad call right???

808237[/snapback]

You'd probably do better if you picked out the best logs and turned it into lumber. I'm getting some good cherry and sycamore from my father's yard...enough to make a decent-sized dining room table, maybe.

But that'll be year after next. It'll need to season for at least 18 months for lumber (unless I pay to have it kiln dried). For firewood...6-12 months. You have enough space to store that much wood for a year?