MacFarland traded to the Colts

Traded for a third, which doesn't sound terrible.  I'd be pissed, until PFT points out this: 

his base pay for 2007 and 2008 is $5.5 million and $6.85 million, respectively.

I'd like to think we can do better for that money.

808232[/snapback]

Rotoworld reports it's a second round draft pick.

Traded for a third, which doesn't sound terrible.  I'd be pissed, until PFT points out this: 

his base pay for 2007 and 2008 is $5.5 million and $6.85 million, respectively.

I'd like to think we can do better for that money.

808232[/snapback]

It was actually for a 2nd round pick and his salary ... im glad the Bills and Marv Levy arent as foolish as some Bills fans on this board. Giving up a 2nd round pick for a DT who is worth nearly 6 million against the cap for a CB who is worth 7 million. Personally I think a CB is worth more than a DT.

Marvin Harrison is 34 this year. Tarik Glenn is 32. Dwight Freeny is going to be a UFA next year. It's not slamming shut by any means, but they're not going to be as dominant in the regular season as they have been. Even this year, teams seem to be catching up to them quite a bit. I don't think they'll miss the playoffs anytime soon, but they're reaching the later years of their team's sweet spot.

Marvin Harrison is 34 this year.  Tarik Glenn is 32.  Dwight Freeny is going to be a UFA next year.  It's not slamming shut by any means, but they're not going to be as dominant in the regular season as they have been.  Even this year, teams seem to be catching up to them quite a bit.  I don't think they'll miss the playoffs anytime soon, but they're reaching the later years of their team's sweet spot.

808457[/snapback]

I would say their window is closing if they dont win it after next season ... One off-season usually doesnt kill a player. Especially a great player like Harrison. Freeney will be re-signed.

Until they lose more than 3-4 games in a season I dont think we can see their window is closing shut. Heck their 43-10 in the past 3 1/4 seasons. Thats insane.

The best thing about the Colts is that even if Harrison slows down, they still have Wayne and Stokley and also a young running back who looks like he could be star someday (Joseph Addai)

I would say their window is closing if they dont win it after next season ... One off-season usually doesnt kill a player. Especially a great player like Harrison. Freeney will be re-signed.

Until they lose more than 3-4 games in a season I dont think we can see their window is closing shut. Heck their 43-10 in the past 3 1/4 seasons. Thats insane.

The best thing about the Colts is that even if Harrison slows down, they still have Wayne and Stokley and also a young running back who looks like he could be  star someday (Joseph Addai)

808464[/snapback]

yep and Bill Polian is still the captain. unfortunetly for us, there is no one better.

if the Bucs got a 2nd for McFarland, I wonder if the Bills were really in talks with them about Nate Clemments?

seems that maybe the Bills would have been asking for McFarland and a late pick for Nate?

i don't know. i am glad the Bills didn't give up a 2nd round for Boogies.

Freeney will be re-signed.

808464[/snapback]

it's not going to be easy for them.........freeney has stated he wants to not just be the highest paid defender of all-time, he wants to be the highest paid PLAYER of all-time!........seeing that the guy who holds that designation is already on his team, looks like the franchise tag is likely...........however, with the f-tag for DE's approaching 10M, could be tough for the colts to fit that one in on top of all of their other backloaded deals........

we shall see

it's not going to be easy for them.........freeney has stated he wants to not just be the highest paid defender of all-time, he wants to be the highest paid PLAYER of all-time!........seeing that the guy who holds that designation is already on his team, looks like the franchise tag is likely...........however, with the f-tag for DE's approaching 10M, could be tough for the colts to fit that one in on top of all of their other backloaded deals........

we shall see

808705[/snapback]

Interesting post.

Who else is backloaded? Glenn? Harrison?

Interesting post.

Who else is backloaded? Glenn? Harrison?

808710[/snapback]

ryan diem - up 1M next year

corey simon - up 1.5M

peyton manning - salary stays the same next year (1M), but jumps to 11.5 in '08 and goes up from there

marvin harrison - up 2M, followed by huge jumps

cato june is also coming up on UFA this off-season.........harrison, manning, glenn and saturday all restructured this past off-season, pushing cap dollars into the future

Marvin Harrison is 34 this year.  Tarik Glenn is 32.  Dwight Freeny is going to be a UFA next year.  It's not slamming shut by any means, but they're not going to be as dominant in the regular season as they have been.  Even this year, teams seem to be catching up to them quite a bit.  I don't think they'll miss the playoffs anytime soon, but they're reaching the later years of their team's sweet spot.

808457[/snapback]

The problem is that the Colts don't have any upcoming young talent...Having picked in the lower 10s the last 4-5 years has cost them (Just like how the

Bills did during their glory days).....Once the vets start fading away, the colts

won't have the right set of people to continue their dominance....