FEMA screwing up???

Hammered a Lot

2 News conferences this afternoon. The City of Buffalo featuring Mayor Byron Brown who said yesterday that he (Buffalo) does not need National Gurad Help (WTF!?) Congressman Brian Higgins who last weekend with Chuck Schumer and Hillary Rotham Clinton praised Fema, now is blasting FEMA for no "direction" and have not been in Buffalo. Also the President of Buffalo school Williams sayed Wednesday Buffalo school buses will do a test run. A good idea so soon?? I do not think so.

I love the part where they all thank each other for a great job. Cut out the "Thank You Love" fest.

Erie County News conference Joel Giambra said FEMA have been hear since th weekend and in fact has a seat at the local command center. Yesterday, the Buffalo news had a photo of FEMA regional director Kempf looking at damage.

Joel thinks FEMA is doing a good job.

It seems that after 5 days a split has formed in local goverment.

It's sad that these days, that we think government is our "Daddy", unlike previous generations. Some geographic areas get snow, some get hurricanes. Nobody forces anyone to live here or there...there are always risks attached to personal choice.

808171[/snapback]

:P

I was watching the news over the weekend and they were talking to some of the residents cleaning up and I realise its a stressful time, but people who were making comments like "Why is this public official not out here helping us cleanup" and "Wheres my help cleaning up this mess" type comments pissed me off a bit. Guess what, you aren't the only ones without power, or with alot of work to do to cleanup from the storm. I'm sure that the government official is busy cleaning up his own property too.

Although its tuff, people have to be patient. This was an unexpected storm that wreaked havoc on a large area. There is only so many electric company workers to get the power back on, and only so many city wmployees to get the streets cleaned up.

People were starting fights at Gas stations and at stores for Generators. Instead of helping others out, it seems like society today runs quickly to the every man for themselves mentality when something happens.

2 News conferences this afternoon. The City of Buffalo featuring Mayor Byron Brown who said yesterday that he (Buffalo) does not need National Gurad Help (WTF!?)  Congressman Brian Higgins who last weekend with Chuck Schumer and Hillary Rotham Clinton praised Fema, now is blasting FEMA for no "direction" and have not been in Buffalo.  Also the President of Buffalo school Williams sayed Wednesday Buffalo school buses will do a test run. A good idea so soon?? I do not think so.

I love the part where they all thank each other for a great job. Cut out the "Thank You Love" fest.

Erie County News conference Joel Giambra said FEMA have been hear since th weekend and in fact has a seat at the local command center. Yesterday, the Buffalo news had a photo of FEMA regional director Kempf looking at damage.

Joel thinks FEMA is doing a good job.

It seems that after 5 days a split has formed in local goverment.

808162[/snapback]

I'm headed up to Buffalo Friday with a couple chainsaws and a generator to help my father clean up. It's called "self-reliance", and it what allows me to say with relative impunity: !@#$ FEMA. Anyone whose best idea for crisis management is "rely on the government" deserves precisely what they get: nothing.

I'm headed up to Buffalo Friday with a couple chainsaws and a generator to help my father clean up.  It's called "self-reliance", and it what allows me to say with relative impunity: !@#$ FEMA.  Anyone whose best idea for crisis management is "rely on the government" deserves precisely what they get: nothing.

808206[/snapback]

lolz FEMA.

The one thing I do think though is that schols/other public services to be reopened does fall on the lap of FEMA tho.

I'm headed up to Buffalo Friday with a couple chainsaws and a generator to help my father clean up.  It's called "self-reliance", and it what allows me to say with relative impunity: !@#$ FEMA.  Anyone whose best idea for crisis management is "rely on the government" deserves precisely what they get: nothing.

808206[/snapback]

< dabs eye's with, tissue>

That was beautiful, Man!!!

<sniff, dabs eye's again, drinks beer >

lolz FEMA.

The one thing I do think though is that schols/other public services to be reopened does fall on the lap of FEMA tho.

808210[/snapback]

WTF does FEMA have to do with public schools? If you have kids in them, get off your butt and do what needs to be done, including flipping money out of your own wallet as opposed to dragging it out those without kids, who have to fork over for the snots under pain of imprisonment by over-arching government. Pay your own way.

I pay school taxes and understand why, but I'm sick and tired about folks moaning how their whelp needs more and more of my money. And tired about hearing how incoming college freshmen are dumb as posts. There is a big parenting problem. Very big.

What kind of education were you taught?...Communist Propaganda 101?...sheesh. :P

Edited by stuckincincy

. Some geographic areas get snow, some get hurricanes. Nobody forces anyone to live here or there...there are always risks attached to personal choice.

Like those stupid bastages that lived out west and had to endure brush fires.

WTF does FEMA have to do with public schools?  If you have kids in them, get off your butt and do what needs to be done, including flipping money out of your own wallet as opposed to dragging it out those without kids, who have to fork over for the snots under pain of imprisonment by over-arching government. Pay your own way.

I pay school taxes and understand why, but I'm sick and tired about folks moaning how their whelp needs more and more of my money. And tired about hearing how incoming college freshmen are dumb as posts. There is a big parenting problem. Very big.

What kind of education were you taught?...Communist Propaganda 101?...sheesh. :P

808224[/snapback]

FEMA is in place so the local/state government doesn't have to carry the burden of the cost involved in cleaning up. There is a lot more involved logositically than the neighbors banding together and picking up tree branches. As it stands right now, it looks like the storm is going to cost the Town of Tonawanda over 80 million dollars.

808206[/snapback]

Where is he located?

Where is he located?

808729[/snapback]

Clarence. Main & Sheridan area.

Looks like he'll be without power until December. When the power lines went down, they pulled a chunk of the wall out. He's got to get a contractor and electrician out to fix the house before National Grid will run new lines.

lolz FEMA.

808210[/snapback]

I never noticed this in your sig :

"I'm like that Texas woman who held her kid underwater and gave him brain damage. I'm just like Barbara Bush!!!"

Is that funny? Obviously by your avatar and various posts I've seen you're slightly left of Hugo Chavez, but saying crap like that is just plain sick. I guess its time to use the ignore feature.

Go watch loose change a few hundred more times and get brain washed a little more. Bush = Devil incarnate. :doh::):devil: