The Bills' Run Defense

From the article on the front page:

(http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4278)

"Obviously you have to continue to work hard in practice," Fletcher said. "That's really the only way I know in terms of improving something that is broken. In the meeting room you ask questions on runs that have given us problems and you go out there and execute them in practice. And then on Sunday you fit the run up the way it's supposed to be fit."

But that is what's difficult for some of the players to grasp. They successfully make corrections in the meetings rooms and on the practice field, but come Sunday the sound, fundamental play they rep in practice doesn't translate to the game field on the weekend.

Well, it's pretty clear to me - the problem the Bills' D is having is that THEY'RE PRACTICING ALL WEEK AGAINST THE BILLS' OFFENSIVE LINE. No wonder they have trouble executing on Sundays.... :P

Well, it's pretty clear to me - the problem the Bills' D is having is that THEY'RE PRACTICING ALL WEEK AGAINST THE BILLS' OFFENSIVE LINE.  No wonder they have trouble executing on Sundays....  :P

808114[/snapback]

:doh:

"Obviously you have to continue to work hard in practice," Fletcher said. "That's really the only way I know in terms of improving something that is broken. In the meeting room you ask questions on runs that have given us problems and you go out there and execute them in practice. And then on Sunday you fit the run up the way it's supposed to be fit."

But that is what's difficult for some of the players to grasp. They successfully make corrections in the meetings rooms and on the practice field, but come Sunday the sound, fundamental play they rep in practice doesn't translate to the game field on the weekend.

Well, it's pretty clear to me - the problem the Bills' D is having is that THEY'RE PRACTICING ALL WEEK AGAINST THE BILLS' OFFENSIVE LINE.  No wonder they have trouble executing on Sundays....  :P

808114[/snapback]

That's the equivalent of a walkthrough. Doesn't give an idea how a 'real' oline functions.

808114[/snapback]

LOL :doh: --sad but rue.