Getty-Up Willis!!!!!!!!

I am starting to look into the 2007 Draft already for a marquee RB. I thoguth Willis was going to have that 2nd burst. His longest run was 42 yards in his 1st year starting then 32 this year and 27 last year...He does average 4 yards/carry but it just seems like when we need him most he fails. And i agree 100% we have a lousy O-Line but he needs to stop dancing behind them and hit the damn hole before its too late and the hole closes.......

I am starting to look into the 2007 Draft already for a marquee RB. I thoguth Willis was going to have that 2nd burst. His longest run was 42 yards in his 1st year starting then 32 this year and 27 last year...He does average 4 yards/carry but it just seems like when we need him most he fails. And i agree 100% we have a lousy O-Line but he needs to stop dancing behind them and hit the damn hole before its too late and the hole closes.......

808104[/snapback]

What holes?

808104[/snapback]

I've been a Willis basher, but I hink 4 YPC is darned good behind this line. 4.5 would put him near the top of the league and I gotta believe some better lineman would be worth 18 inches per carry more. More concerned about his commitment to Buffalo which I think is very weak based on his lack of saying so publically.

I've been a Willis basher, but I hink 4 YPC is darned good behind this line.  4.5 would put him near the top of the league and I gotta believe some better lineman would be worth 18 inches per carry more.  More concerned about his commitment to Buffalo which I think is very weak based on his lack of saying so publically.

808112[/snapback]

So because he doesn't say he wants to stay in Buffalo he is not commited to the Bills? That makes alot of sense

Dont get me wrong--I think Willis could be one of the best behind a good line but Im just saying comparing him to LT--have you ever seen LT paly?????? hes so shifty and moves sooo fast..he is unstopable--on sunday he got 3 more TDs than Willis has this whole year

A good running back can also make an O-line look good, a good QB can make an O-line look good. A good O-line can make an Avg QB or RB look good. We need to upgrade as a team. WHen i look at the team, I don't see any glaring weak positions. I see weak units. I see a weak Interior DL and a weak left O-line. I think we are avg to above avg everywhere else.

Dont get me wrong--I think Willis could be one of the best behind a good line but Im just saying comparing him to LT--have you ever seen LT paly?????? hes so shifty and moves sooo fast..he is unstopable--on sunday he got 3 more TDs than Willis has this whole year

808120[/snapback]

If I am not mistaking, James looked pathetic last night with a half @$$ line. Deffinately nothing like he did while playing for Indy........what a difference a line will make......it ALL starts with a good line! The rest will fall into place!

WHen i look at the team, I don't see any glaring weak positions.  I see weak units.

808130[/snapback]

I think you need to look harder, or explain why we ar not weak at:

TE, DT, LT, LG, WR, FB.

I would add QB because I currently view it as a weakness but I believe Losman will get better. I don't have the same faith with the positions I listed above.

I'm not a negative guy, and I know what you're saying about units, but the team needs a solid infusion of talent.

If I am not mistaking, James looked pathetic last night with a half @$$ line.  Deffinately nothing like he did while playing for Indy........what a difference a line will make......it ALL starts with a good line!  The rest will fall into place!

808135[/snapback]

Uh how about manning, Harrison, Wayne. i think they might have something to do with it too.

TE, DT, LT, LG, WR, FB.

I would add QB because I currently view it as a weakness but I believe Losman will get better.  I don't have the same faith with the positions I listed above. 

I'm not a negative guy, and I know what you're saying about units, but the team needs a solid infusion of talent.

808137[/snapback]

I wouldn't say we are weak at TE, but I wouldn't say we are great there either. Royal seems average and has played well, just seems like they aren't using the TE as much as other teams (maybe because they are too busy covering for the o-line

As for WR I don't see it as a weak spot either. Sure they don't have one dominant game breaking WR, but they have a large group of good to average WR's. Most teams have a great #1 and then the talent drops off. Buffalos are more closer together talent wise then other teams. Evans is the #1 and everyone else is more like a #2a, #2b, etc. A team like NE shows you don't have to have a bunch of Pro Bowl WR's to be a winning team

As for the rest, those are definitly weaknesses

TE, DT, LT, LG, WR, FB.

I would add QB because I currently view it as a weakness but I believe Losman will get better.  I don't have the same faith with the positions I listed above. 

808137[/snapback]

TE---we arent weak there..Royal and Everret are good but Jauron does not utilize them

DT---Correct..we need DT..only positive thing is rookie Kyle Williams

LT---GANDY SUCKS!

WR---I believe we have the strongest WR core in the league--mabye not the most talented but the fastest

FB---Shelton is an older guy who we should have cut and kept Ricard in the preseason-watching Ricard at training camp was what i thoguht to be a no brainer and keeping him-can block and CATCHES THE BALL!!!!

808104[/snapback]

Whether you believe it or not, Willis is a darn good RB and a "marquee" RB at that ... he has been in the top 5 for 4 straight weeks (2 of those weeks being #1 in the NFL) and is still only about 30 yards behind the leader right now. Give Willis a good line and he would be in the lead by over 100 yards.

TE---we arent weak there..Royal and Everret are good but Jauron does not utilize them

DT---Correct..we need DT..only positive thing is rookie Kyle Williams

LT---GANDY SUCKS!

WR---I believe we have the strongest WR core in the league--mabye not the most talented but the fastest

FB---Shelton is an older guy who we should have cut and kept Ricard in the preseason-watching Ricard at training camp was what i thoguht to be a no brainer and keeping him-can block and CATCHES THE BALL!!!!

808147[/snapback]

TE - how do you know theyre good? Are you on the Bills scouting squad?

WR - the strongest in the league? your on drugs ... reggie williams and stallworth for philly ... T.O. and Glenn for Dallas ... Randy Moss and Jerry Porter (under-utilized) for Oakland ... Roy Williams and Mike Williams for Detroit ... Deion Branch and Jackson for Seattle ... Fitzgerald and Boldin for Arizona, Harrison, Stokley, and Wayne for Indi and the list can go on. We have a decent WR corps but not the best in the league

808147[/snapback]

I think these are the two we disagree on. You're willing to give our TEs the benefit of the doubt, I'm more in the "show me" mood these days.

Having the fastest WRs in the league doesn't impress me. We have one very good receiver and several average to below average receivers. For all of their speed, our receivers don't seem to get separation except on fly routes. They are too easy to jam at the line and are completely ineffective in the run game - probably one of the reasons McGahee never breaks long runs.

TE - how do you know theyre good? Are you on the Bills scouting squad?

WR - the strongest in the league? your on drugs ... reggie williams and stallworth for philly  ... T.O. and Glenn for Dallas ... Randy Moss and Jerry Porter (under-utilized) for Oakland ... Roy Williams and Mike Williams for Detroit ... Deion Branch and Jackson for Seattle ... Fitzgerald and Boldin for Arizona, Harrison, Stokley, and Wayne for Indi and the list can go on. We have a decent WR corps but not the best in the league

808151[/snapback]

ok and if any one of those two receivers goes down who do they have after that?the bills can somewhat deal with it if evans goes down--price parrish reed davis and aiken

ok and if any one of those two receivers goes down who do they have after that?the bills can somewhat deal with it if evans goes down--price parrish reed davis and aiken

808161[/snapback]

Price had ONE good catch in a game (minnesota), reed hasnt done anything since week 2, davis couldnt run fast enough to win the game last week, and aiken who? havent seen him since training camp ...

What holes?

808109[/snapback]

the same holes that the A-Train seems to blast EVERY time the bills need 3, 4, 2, 17 yards!

I remember one carry by Thomas on Sunday and he hit the hole WAY harder than Willis did all day. He didn't dance, he didn't juke, he saw daylight and went for it as hard as he could.

Willis rarely does this. Period. He might as well stand next to the QB because there's no sense in him getting a running start.

The Bills have one good receiver and three pretty okay receivers. Plus a special teamer and Andre Davis. "Near the best in the league" is a stretch. As far as top-4 goes, you have to include:

Arizona: Fitzgerald, Boldin, Johnson, Walters.

Indianapolis: Harrison, Wayne, Stokley, Moorehead

St. Louis: Holt, Bruce, Curtis, Looker

Miami: Chambers, Booker, Welker, Hagan

Seattle: Jackson, Burleson, Engram, Branch

Philly: Stallworth, Brown, Lewis, Baskett

Cincy: Johnson, Houshmanzadeh, Henry, Washington

I'd trade our WR corps for any one of those.

the same holes that the A-Train seems to blast EVERY time the bills need 3, 4, 2, 17 yards!

I remember one carry by Thomas on Sunday and he hit the hole WAY harder than Willis did all day.  He didn't dance, he didn't juke, he saw daylight and went for it as hard as he could. 

Willis rarely does this.  Period.  He might as well stand next to the QB because there's no sense in him getting a running start.

808174[/snapback]

HAHAHA .. you base your judgement on such a short period of time.

1. A-train only plays about 2 snaps a game thus he is not tired. Willis plays the entire game ... he gets tired

2. A-train has only ran the ball 10 times (and you base your judgement off of that) if you take away his ONE long run he has 19 yards on 9 carries for a wopping 2 ypc

you sir , dont know what your talking about

808104[/snapback]

He's the least of their problems...