Bills didn't play that bad

A few more seconds on the clock and they might have won. I was especially impressed with Schobel Sunday. He should be considered for the pro bowl

807649[/snapback]

Nope, they played bad and don't deserve a free pass for it. They got embarassed by the Bears and should have been frothing at the mouth to get back on the field. They were playing a winless team that was losing the support of its fans. Their own community was ravaged by a storm and was looking for a little sunshine to take their minds off of things for 3 hours. They went into Detroit and laid an egg. An emotionless, lifeless egg on the day their "defensive spark" returned to the lineup. They looked bland and disinterested, and they didn't execute. They lost by three but were dominated by Roy Williams and a bunch of guys. I'm not looking for a W every week, but i'm looking for some fire. There is no excuse in the world why Detroit should have handled the Bills, and if you are feeling anything less than disgust over this loss then you have set the bar too low in life.

A few more seconds on the clock and they might have won. I was especially impressed with Schobel Sunday. He should be considered for the pro bowl

807649[/snapback]

If Mike Martz was not calling the plays we would not have even had a shot to win that game. Kitna threw the INT to Simpson and the one that Whitner had that was ruled a trap, and both times they should have been running. If he continued to pound the ball on our defense Kevin Jones would have rushed for 200 yards and our offense wouldn't have even sniffed the field in the second half.

807649[/snapback]

;):lol::lol: Dreamland.

Schobel, playing against three backup Olinemen, was his usual high-motor yet invisible self.

The Bills were lucky to even have a sniff in that game. They played horribly.

Nope, they played bad and don't deserve a free pass for it.  They got embarassed by the Bears and should have been frothing at the mouth to get back on the field.  They were playing a winless team that was losing the support of its fans.  Their own community was ravaged by a storm and was looking for a little sunshine to take their minds off of things for 3 hours.  They went into Detroit and laid an egg.  An emotionless, lifeless egg on the day their "defensive spark" returned to the lineup.  They looked bland and disinterested, and they didn't execute.  They lost by three but were dominated by Roy Williams and a bunch of guys.  I'm not looking for a W every week, but i'm looking for some fire.  There is no excuse in the world why Detroit should have handled the Bills, and if you are feeling anything less than disgust over this loss then you have set the bar too low in life.

807696[/snapback]

Yes I see, snow fell in Buffalo so they should have won. If they looked lifeless and bland how come they scored against Detroit? How come Detroit didn't score every time they had the ball? And do you really think that because Detroit didn't have a win they were never going to win one?

Here's a hint buddy. When Detriot has moved on and won a few more games you will see their record coming in to the last game didn't matter.

I'm still laughing about the snow thing ;)

;)  :lol:  :lol:  Dreamland.

Schobel, playing against three backup Olinemen, was his usual high-motor yet invisible self.

The Bills were lucky to even have a sniff in that game.  They played horribly.

807731[/snapback]

He actually was working against Backus, their starter. Nice try though. Schobel had a decent game, pro bowl, not yet.

He actually was working against Backus, their starter. Nice try though. Schobel had a decent game, pro bowl, not yet.

807750[/snapback]

A sack on the first play, and a deflected pass that fell incomplete. Other than that, in 3.5 quarters, he didn't make a play that mattered. It's highly possible that McGee wouldn't feel like such a chump the last two weeks if our d-line felt like playing.

There was only one Bruce, so don't read this the wrong way-- but what made Bruce so great was that he got that sack in the 4th quarter on 3rd and 8. He made huge, game changing plays. He stopped drives.

Schobel's sack numbers are there, no doubt about it. The numbers don't lie. But the guy is invisible for 90% of the game and he's not there when the defense needs a big play. His first quarter sack and then disappearance is evidence of that. His 4th quarter sack of Greise last week prevented it from being 48-0. Thanks for showing up, Aaron.

I don't question his effort at all. I don't question his intensity. But he gets paid very well to make plays. Plays that help win games. So far, after the New England game, he's been a non-factor.

A sack on the first play, and a deflected pass that fell incomplete.  Other than that, in 3.5 quarters, he didn't make a play that mattered.  It's highly possible that McGee wouldn't feel like such a chump the last two weeks if our d-line felt like playing.

There was only one Bruce, so don't read this the wrong way-- but what made Bruce so great was that he got that sack in the 4th quarter on 3rd and 8.  He made huge, game changing plays.  He stopped drives. 

Schobel's sack numbers are there, no doubt about it.  The numbers don't lie.  But the guy is invisible for 90% of the game and he's not there when the defense needs a big play.  His first quarter sack and then disappearance is evidence of that.  His 4th quarter sack of Greise last week prevented it from being 48-0.  Thanks for showing up, Aaron.

I don't question his effort at all.  I don't question his intensity.  But he gets paid very well to make plays.  Plays that help win games.  So far, after the New England game, he's been a non-factor.

807777[/snapback]

Oh, compare him to the greatest defensive tackle of all time! Sure he isn't Bruce Smith, but who is? Get a grip

Yes I see, snow fell in Buffalo so they should have won. If they looked lifeless and bland how come they scored against Detroit? How come Detroit didn't score every time they had the ball? And do you really think that because Detroit didn't have a win they were never going to win one?

Here's a hint buddy. When Detriot has moved on and won a few more games you will see their record coming in to the last game didn't matter.

I'm still laughing about the snow thing  ;)

807742[/snapback]

Yes, they did look lifeless and bland. They allowed a Lions player to go for over 100 yards for the first time in 22 games. They had 3 offensive linemen out of the lineup and still manhandled the front 7. Roy Williams looked like the second coming of Jerry Rice against our corners. Why did they score against Detroit, because they are an NFL team. If your argument is that they scored against Detroit therefor they came to play then that is weak. Why didn't Detroit score every time they had the ball? Nice argument. I never said I thought Detroit would never get a win this season, but against a Bills team that just got whacked and should have been fired up, against a Bills team that just got Spikes back, against a Bills team playing a depleted Lions team, yes they should have won.

As for the snow thing.....

"You go outside and you look around, and in some places it's absolute devastation. You come to the rink, and the number of people that show up - knowing that there's probably a good number at home with the garage door open and the generator running still - kudos to them. That's a big enough lift to our team." - Sabres Coach Lindy Ruff

"We're professionals, obviously, but does it affect you? Yeah, when you don't have power at your home it's going to affect you," Sabres defenseman Brian Campbell said. "But when you walk out there and you see 18,000 fans show up for a game, we'd better show up personally. That's what we had to do." Brian Campbell

"The fans did a great job. I guess they needed a release this weekend with so much hardship and inconvenience going on right now. It was fun to get the people out to the rink and those watching on tv and give them a good show," -- Sabres goalie Ryan Miller

Next question "buddy"

Yes, they did look lifeless and bland.  They allowed a Lions player to go for over 100 yards for the first time in 22 games.  They had 3 offensive linemen out of the lineup and still manhandled the front 7.  Roy Williams looked like the second coming of Jerry Rice against our corners.  Why did they score against Detroit, because they are an NFL team.  If your argument is that they scored against Detroit therefor they came to play then that is weak.  Why didn't Detroit score every time they had the ball?  Nice argument. I never said I  thought Detroit would never get a win this season, but against a Bills team that just got whacked and should have been fired up, against a Bills team that just got Spikes back, against a Bills team playing a depleted Lions team, yes they should have won.

"You go outside and you look around, and in some places it's absolute devastation. You come to the rink, and the number of people that show up - knowing that there's probably a good number at home with the garage door open and the generator running still - kudos to them. That's a big enough lift to our team." - Sabres Coach Lindy Ruff

"We're professionals, obviously, but does it affect you? Yeah, when you don't have power at your home it's going to affect you," Sabres defenseman Brian Campbell said. "But when you walk out there and you see 18,000 fans show up for a game, we'd better show up personally. That's what we had to do."  Brian Campbell

"The fans did a great job. I guess they needed a release this weekend with so much hardship and inconvenience going on right now. It was fun to get the people out to the rink and those watching on tv and give them a good show," -- Sabres goalie Ryan Miller

Next question "buddy"

807784[/snapback]

Maybe someone forgot to tell you the Bills played on the road? And don't forget they were in the game till the very last.

Oh, compare him to the greatest defensive tackle of all time! Sure he isn't Bruce Smith, but who is? Get a grip

807782[/snapback]

Read my post brother man. I specifically asked for people not to take it the wrong way. I'm certainly not expecting Schobel to be Bruce Smith. We all know he isn't. But he's paid very well and fancies himself as one of the top DE's in the league. I expect a guy like that to show up when it matters. I expect a guy like that to dominate a weakened OLine. He disappears for long, long stretches of games. I'm not going to say he gets garbage time sacks, because they all count the same. But there are those plays, BIG plays in the fourth quarter where you KNOW the other team is passing and needs a 1st down, and you beg for a sack. Schobel hasn't gotten that sack this year. And I think in his effort to pad his sacks, he constantly rushes upfield and leaves the entire right side of the defense with a gashing hole to run through.

I don't need to get a grip, cause I'm not flipping out about this. Schobel, after the New England game, has been a major disappointment to me. I'm sure teams focus on him more than any of the other lineman. That's a compliment, not a reason to disappear in games.

Yes, they did look lifeless and bland.  They allowed a Lions player to go for over 100 yards for the first time in 22 games.  They had 3 offensive linemen out of the lineup and still manhandled the front 7.  Roy Williams looked like the second coming of Jerry Rice against our corners.  Why did they score against Detroit, because they are an NFL team.  If your argument is that they scored against Detroit therefor they came to play then that is weak.  Why didn't Detroit score every time they had the ball?  Nice argument. I never said I  thought Detroit would never get a win this season, but against a Bills team that just got whacked and should have been fired up, against a Bills team that just got Spikes back, against a Bills team playing a depleted Lions team, yes they should have won.

"We're professionals, obviously, but does it affect you? Yeah, when you don't have power at your home it's going to affect you," Sabres defenseman Brian Campbell said. "But when you walk out there and you see 18,000 fans show up for a game, we'd better show up personally. That's what we had to do."  Brian Campbell

Next question "buddy"

807784[/snapback]

Which game where those quotes from? The game in Detroit where they were outshot 43-17 and ended up winning in a shootout? or the Home game where they were down 2-0 before coming alive and winning the game?

Maybe if this was a home game and the Bills had a ton of fans affected by the weather come to the game to cheer them on they would have had the emotions the Sabres received on Saturday behind them. Instead they were away from home, probably since Thursday or Friday since most teams don't travel the night before and didn't have a chance to survey the damage around their homes yet.

As for them being fired up with Spikes coming back to the lineup, shouldn't Spikes have been fired up also? I forgot he was in the game most of the time.