This cracks me up

At the beginning of the season we would have been happy for an 8-8 season. We all know the Bills are rebuilding. Why are we surprised by the lack of consistency they are showing. We all knew going into the season that the line was suspect at best. JP has shown some fight. He has shown some skill, and he has showed his youth. I like what I see out of JP. I think we have a quarterback for our future. Willis is our RB for the future. He still needs to learn how to block. We knew coming into this season that our defensive line was going to be a work in progress, and it is. It cracks me up that fans are so easily soured by the truth. We are not in the early 90’s anymore, but we are getting better at positions. If we can have an off season like last years. I give this team a good chance at making the playoffs next year. As for the rest of this year, let’s get this young team some experience. This year is a stepping stone to a bright future.

GO BILLS

At the beginning of the season we would have been happy for an 8-8 season.  We all know the Bills are rebuilding.  Why are we surprised by the lack of consistency they are showing.  We all knew going into the season that the line was suspect at best.  JP has shown some fight.  He has shown some skill, and he has showed his youth.  I like what I see out of JP.  I think we have a quarterback for our future.  Willis is our RB for the future.  He still needs to learn how to block.  We knew coming into this season that our defensive line was going to be a work in progress, and it is.  It cracks me up that fans are so easily soured by the truth.  We are not in the early 90’s anymore, but we are getting better at positions.  If we can have an off season like last years.  I give this team a good chance at making the playoffs next year.  As for the rest of this year, let’s get this young team some experience.  This year is a stepping stone to a bright future. 

GO BILLS

807443[/snapback]

Amen brother.

It seems like people on this board just want whine and complain

807479[/snapback]

I take part in the gripe sessions too, but it is more of the fact that i find it some what amusing. The Bills stated at the beginning of the year that they were rebuilding, but people on the board talked themselves into false hopes during camp and certainly after the Patriots game.

If you read Marv's book you understand the philosophy of this season. Stay close in all games. That's it. don't win this season, just stay close and keep confidence up. But nobody wants to know stuff like that because during preseason they all had imaginary images in their heads of Donte Whitner, Ko Simpson, and the rest of the secondary streaking down the field with the ball after an turnover. They thought that would be what got us to the playoffs. But it hasn't and it won't.

This team is still a year away; always has been since Marv took over.

I take part in the gripe sessions too, but it is more of the fact that i find it some what amusing. The Bills stated at the beginning of the year that they were rebuilding, but people on the board talked themselves into false hopes during camp and certainly after the Patriots game.

If you read Marv's book you understand the philosophy of this season. Stay close in all games. That's it. don't win this season, just stay close and keep confidence up. But nobody wants to know stuff like that because during preseason they all had imaginary images in their heads of Donte Whitner, Ko Simpson, and the rest of the secondary streaking down the field with the ball after an turnover. They thought that would be what got us to the playoffs. But it hasn't and it won't.

This team is still a year away; always has been since Marv took over.

807480[/snapback]

I'm sure he'd take the wins if they come though. Being competative every game is the goal. If it is achieved, there is not much more needed to win the games(rather than just lose by a small margin).

At the beginning of the season we would have been happy for an 8-8 season.  We all know the Bills are rebuilding.  Why are we surprised by the lack of consistency they are showing.  We all knew going into the season that the line was suspect at best.  JP has shown some fight.  He has shown some skill, and he has showed his youth.  I like what I see out of JP.  I think we have a quarterback for our future.  Willis is our RB for the future.  He still needs to learn how to block.  We knew coming into this season that our defensive line was going to be a work in progress, and it is.  It cracks me up that fans are so easily soured by the truth.  We are not in the early 90’s anymore, but we are getting better at positions.  If we can have an off season like last years.  I give this team a good chance at making the playoffs next year.  As for the rest of this year, let’s get this young team some experience.  This year is a stepping stone to a bright future. 

GO BILLS

807443[/snapback]

Thank you, maybe this post will ground some of the "bit too hopefuls"

I'm sure he'd take the wins if they come though.  Being competative every game is the goal.  If it is achieved, there is not much more needed to win the games(rather than just lose by a small margin).

807485[/snapback]

I'm sure he would take wins as well. But i don't think it is the primary goal this year. I think Marv meant for this year to be for confidence building as well as instilling experience in the young guys.

After reading DJ's comments from BB.com he understands Mavs Philosophy. I think the biggest thing we need is a stable front office. I believe we have it. I think we will go 8-8 and next year we will get even better.

GO BILLS !!!!

DJ IS THE RIGHT COACH

MARV IS THE RIGHT GM

Building for the Future

We knew coming into this season that our defensive line was going to be a work in progress, and it is.   It cracks me up that fans are so easily soured by the truth.  We are not in the early 90’s anymore, but we are getting better at positions.  If we can have an off season like last years.  I give this team a good chance at making the playoffs next year.  As for the rest of this year, let’s get this young team some experience.  This year is a stepping stone to a bright future.  

807443[/snapback]

I agreed with the majority of your post, and maybe I misinterpreted you, so if I did I apologize in advance. A "work in progress" Our dline has one legit starter in Aaron Schobel. I like Larry Triplett I think he's a good secondary dt. Tim Anderson/Chris Kelsay/Ryan Denney really have no business as starters in this league. The dline is in serious need of upgrading.

As much flak as people around here have given the secondary, I find a lot of that unjustifiable, considering the pressure we get on qb's in nill. Interior or on the edges. The whole premise of the tampa 2 is to create pressure with your defensive line with very little blitzing. When you can't accomplish this you're going to get killed in the secondary.

Having rookies at safety will make it look worse. I know it's easy to point out skill players, but I put a lot of our defensive woes on the inadequate dline. You win and lose games in the trenches, and the talent right now just isn't there on either side of the line. 1-2 more drafts and hopefully it will be. I'm not really going to throw anyone under the bus, cause the talent just isn't there yet.

I agreed with the majority of your post, and maybe I misinterpreted you, so if I did I apologize in advance. A "work in progress"  Our dline has one legit starter in Aaron Schobel. I like Larry Triplett I think he's a good secondary dt.  Tim Anderson/Chris Kelsay/Ryan Denney really have no business as starters in this league.  The dline is in serious need of upgrading. 

As much flak as people around here have given the secondary, I find a lot of that unjustifiable, considering the pressure we get on qb's in nill. Interior or on the edges.  The whole premise of the tampa 2 is do create pressure with your defensive line with very little blitzing.  When you can't accomplish this you're going to get killed in the secondary.

Having rookies at safety will make it look worse.  I know it's easy to point out skill players, but I put a lot of our defensive woes on the inadequate dline. You win and lose games in the trenches, and the talent right now just isn't there on either side of the line. 1-2 more drafts and hopefully it will be.  I'm not really going to throw anyone under the bus, cause the talent just isn't there yet.

807493[/snapback]

Not disagreeing, just pointing a few things out.

A guy like Tripplett is a guy who is still breaking out of his shell in his career. Marv isn't one to go out and sign big name guys like T.O. but instead he is a fan of signing guys who have not yet made a name for themselves but are considered to be on the up and up.

Kyle Williams looked good in pre season and needs more time to be the dt everyone thought they saw in preseason. Becoming a good DT is not something that happens over night.

John McCargo seemed like he was starting to get the grasp of this defensive scheme before he got hurt. He is another one that came out of college early and just needs the time to physically develop as well as time to grasp the defense.

Ryan Denney and Chirs Kelsay have shown flashes this year, but i am still not sure that either is the answer.

Aaron Schobel is a very good pass rusher, but can't play the run for sh--. He plays the run the same way our tight ends play in the passing game. Poorly. Would i get rid of him? No. I think that down the line, once we secure a few other spots, Schobel will have to be willing to play the run, or find a new address.

Not disagreeing, just pointing a few things out.

A guy like Tripplett is a guy who is still breaking out of his shell in his career. Marv isn't one to go out and sign big name guys like T.O. but instead he is a fan of signing guys who have not yet made a name for themselves but are considered to be on the up and up.

Kyle Williams looked good in pre season and needs more time to be the dt everyone thought they saw in preseason. Becoming a good DT is not something that happens over night.

John McCargo seemed like he was starting to get the grasp of this defensive scheme before he got hurt. He is another one that came out of college early and just needs the time to physically develop as well as time to grasp the defense.

Ryan Denney and Chirs Kelsay have shown flashes this year, but i am still not sure that either is the answer.

Aaron Schobel is a very good pass rusher, but can't play the run for sh--. He plays the run the same way our tight ends play in the passing game. Poorly. Would i get rid of him? No. I think that down the line, once we secure a few other spots, Schobel will have to be willing to play the run, or find a new address.

807494[/snapback]

I agree with almost everything you said except for Tripplet. He already made a name for himself in Indianapolis and to Colts fans he would be the equivalent of Nate Clements to a lot of you guys. Liked by other teams, but not liked by the fans of the current team.