"It"

Mr. T

IMHO, "It" is basically a belief by teammates, fans, coaches, etc, that no matter what happens during a game, their guy can pick himself up and lead the team to victory.

Does Leinart have "it" this early? Based off of his college career and what he has done it two games, maybe he is on the road. Does he have "it" at the same level of Brady or Montana? Hell no.

Can guys lose "it" or find "it" later in their career? Absolutley. I think Farve had "it" for a decade but is quickly losing "it". Does a guy like Brees now have "it"? Hell yeah.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

His record is 2-0 ... the Cardinals are 1-5

He played the best he could have possibly played. His team let him down.

807451[/snapback]

That's an excellent point. It got me to thinking about Jeff George and the 1997 Raiders. Sadly, the team went 4-12 that year but upon futher review of Jeff's stats:

290-521 55.7% 3917 yds. 7.52 avg. 29 TDs 9 INTs 91.2 Rating

...I have decided to award him a 13-3 record. I will be calling the NFL later today to ask about having his official records changed.

Additionally, the same year Napoleon Kaufman ran for 1300 yds. so he gets 11-5 and Tim Brown caught 104 passes for 1400 yds. so he gets 15-1.

His record is 2-0 ... the Cardinals are 1-5

He played the best he could have possibly played. His team let him down.

807451[/snapback]

And the Bills OLINE hasn't let anyone down? :P:doh:

How about Andre Davis' no catch?

And Willis "I can't pick up a Blitz" McGahee?

And Mike "what's the snap count?" Gandy?

You are full of "IT"

OTOH you can find "IT" here

or

No, he's 0-2.

If you're gonna go there, then we can EASILY say JP is 4-2 this year.

807542[/snapback]

That's an excellent point.  It got me to thinking about Jeff George and the 1997 Raiders.  Sadly, the team went 4-12 that year but upon futher review of Jeff's stats:

290-521 55.7% 3917 yds. 7.52 avg. 29 TDs 9 INTs 91.2 Rating

...I have decided to award him a 13-3 record.  I will be calling the NFL later today to ask about having his official records changed.

Additionally, the same year Napoleon Kaufman ran for 1300 yds. so he gets 11-5 and Tim Brown caught 104 passes for 1400 yds. so he gets 15-1.

808090[/snapback]

And the Bills OLINE hasn't let anyone down?  :P  :doh:

How about Andre Davis' no catch?

And Willis "I can't pick up a Blitz" McGahee?

And Mike "what's the snap count?" Gandy?

You are full of "IT"

OTOH you can find "IT" here

or

808131[/snapback]

Right. You guys all made my point. Im a huge Losman supporter and always have been. I just dont like it when people put down other QB's just to support Losman. Losman has won his aspect of the game in many of the BIlls losses.

Right. You guys all made my point. Im a huge Losman supporter and always have been. I just dont like it when people put down other QB's just to support Losman. Losman has won his aspect of the game in many of the BIlls losses.

808156[/snapback]

If that was your point, then there was probably a better way to say it than Matt Leinart is actually 2-0.

If that was your point, then there was probably a better way to say it than Matt Leinart is actually 2-0.

808160[/snapback]

I couldnt think of one at the time ... still cant. He won every aspect of the QB's game ... thus HE is 2-0 .... the line won ALMOST every aspect of their game ... they won ... etc

Rackers lost his aspect of the game

Special Teams lost their aspect of the game

I couldnt think of  one at the time ... still cant. He won every aspect of the QB's game ... thus HE is 2-0  .... the line won ALMOST every aspect of their game ... they won ... etc

Rackers lost his aspect of the game

Special Teams lost their aspect of the game

808168[/snapback]

So players all get individual records now too? Is Lee Evans 4-2? What about the Dolphins game that we won but he only had 2 catches...does that count as a loss even though the team won?

So players all get individual records now too?  Is Lee Evans 4-2?  What about the Dolphins game that we won but he only had 2 catches...does that count as a loss even though the team won?

808180[/snapback]

Actually yeah . more of like a value thing though

thus how Spikes came to us from a horrid Cinci team .. we saw the value in him and how he won his aspect of the game

did you ever play highschool or college ball? you will hear coaches talking about this all the time

Actually yeah . more of like a value thing though

thus how Spikes came to us from a horrid Cinci team .. we saw the value in him and how he won his aspect of the game

did you ever play highschool or college ball? you will hear coaches talking about this all the time

808188[/snapback]

Wait? Could this be WHY teams with losing records still have pro-bowlers? NO-WAI

So players all get individual records now too?  Is Lee Evans 4-2?  What about the Dolphins game that we won but he only had 2 catches...does that count as a loss even though the team won?

808180[/snapback]

Cool, that means RJ was 1-0 for us in the playoffs.

Well put. Not saying that i like balls more than "it". Not there is anything wrong with that.

808388[/snapback]

I just think the best way to take out a team or a player with "it" is to just beat 'em to a pulp for 60 mins straight. When I think of "it", I think of Joe Montana. And even though he was at the end of his career when he came to buffalo as the Chiefs QB that one year in the playoffs, we beat the living hell out of him. I don't care if it's Tom Brady, Matt Leinart, Joe Montana, etc, etc....if you punch them in the mouth, their "it" won't amount to a hill of beans.

I just think the best way to take out a team or a player with "it" is to just beat 'em to a pulp for 60 mins straight. When I think of "it", I think of Joe Montana. And even though he was at the end of his career when he came to buffalo as the Chiefs QB that one year in the playoffs, we beat the living hell out of him. I don't care if it's Tom Brady, Matt Leinart, Joe Montana, etc, etc....if you punch them in the mouth, their "it" won't amount to a hill of beans.

808397[/snapback]

There's truth to this. I'm convinced Green Bay's "smash for cash" player reward system played a big role in its most recent Super Bowl win. I'm surprised more teams don't implement this, even if the extra payments would count against the salary cap.

Man, this topic got a lot more of a response than I expected.  I figured a few would simply flame me and everyone else would move on.

I guess this thread just has that magical and mysterious "It".

808384[/snapback]

Maybe that means you have "it" when it comes to starting threads.