Bills trade for DE Anthony Hargrove

PIZ

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Negatives: Has great athletic ability, but the football instincts are still developing … Will digest the playbook after several reps and is slow to locate the ball when having to work through the pile (much better when uncontested coming off the edge)

806369[/snapback]

Oh cool. Now we have four defensive ends who play much better when they're uncontested.

Let's see how Fewell designs our defense to let these guys rush uncontested at Brady.

From what i've read it seems as though they are looking at Hargrove at DT on passing downs. Kollar used him there in St Louis and he said he wants to find out what hargrove can do to contribute inside for us. He is the heaviest DE that we have, i originally thought kelsay or denney inside but they have played well and Jauron said we were going to look at hargrove inside. Interesting.... sounds like they are still sticking to their small fast lineman after all that has happened to our run defense. I like Hargrove and i like the move.... but it is pretty obvious that without freaks like Tommie Harris and Brian Urlacher...... having a run defense like Fewell did in Chicago with small/fast lineman just isnt going to work, and i dont like the idea that we are sticking with it :lol:

thanks....the more the merrier!!!!!!! :P

806717[/snapback]

lol, yeah, unless this guy sucks or goes AWOL the first day he's in town :lol:

From what i've read it seems as though they are looking at Hargrove at DT on passing downs. Kollar used him there in St Louis and he said he wants to find out what hargrove can do to contribute inside for us. He is the heaviest DE that we have, i originally thought kelsay or denney inside but they have played well and Jauron said we were going to look at hargrove inside. Interesting.... sounds like they are still sticking to their small fast lineman after all that has happened to our run defense. I like Hargrove and i like the move.... but it is pretty obvious that without freaks like Tommie Harris and Brian Urlacher...... having a run defense like Fewell did in Chicago with small/fast lineman just isnt going to work, and i dont like the idea that we are sticking with it  <_<

806542[/snapback]

Do you realize that putting two big fat slob pluggers in at DT, while still playing this defensive scheme/philosophy would actually result in the defense overall playing worse?

They're not going to give up on the scheme after 6 games either. If they decide to ever tweak the scheme to allow a plugger DT to work out, it is something that will be done in the off-season.

Do you realize that putting two big fat slob pluggers in at DT, while still playing this defensive scheme/philosophy would actually result in the defense overall playing worse?

They're not going to give up on the scheme after 6 games either. If they decide to ever tweak the scheme to allow a plugger DT to work out, it is something that will be done in the off-season.

806845[/snapback]

It took GW two years to give up on his "stop the run with numbers" nonsense, so you are right, they aren't going to give up on it this year. Not going to happen. But they will give up on it, or they will be fired because they didn't. That is, unless they come up with the next Warren Sapp or Richard Seymour, a DT who is such a threat to the QB that he commands double teams like a huge DT does.

It took GW two years to give up on his "stop the run with numbers" nonsense, so you are right, they aren't going to give up on it this year.  Not going to happen.  But they will give up on it, or they will be fired because they didn't.  That is, unless they come up with the next Warren Sapp or Richard Seymour, a DT who is such a threat to the QB that he commands double teams like a huge DT does.

806955[/snapback]

I agree, they need a seriously bad-ass DT, and there is not one currently on the roster. There are some good compliments, but not a "#1" guy.

Rams | Acquire draft pick for Hargrove

Mon, 16 Oct 2006 08:59:33 -0700

StLouisRams.com reports the St. Louis Rams have acquired a fifth-round draft choice from the Buffalo Bills in exchange for DE Anthony Hargrove.

per KFFL

Had 6.5 sacks last year per NFL.com

806284[/snapback]

I'm still a big perplexed by this trade. DE does not seem to be one of the trouble positions on this team. Unless the Bills are expecting to lose Schobel, Kelsay or Denney (all 3 have done a good enough job to hold their spots) to free agency or trade I don't understand the move.

A 5th round pick may not seem to be a massive loss but for a young team which has recently had alot of it's weaknesses exposed it means alot.

Hmmmmm

I'm still a big perplexed by this trade.  DE does not seem to be one of the trouble positions on this team.  Unless the Bills are expecting to lose Schobel, Kelsay or Denney (all 3 have done a good enough job to hold their spots) to free agency or trade I don't understand the move.

A 5th round pick may not seem to be a massive loss but for a young team which has recently had alot of it's weaknesses exposed it means alot.

Hmmmmm

807160[/snapback]

On the surface, that is what I have been assuming too....however....

Against a Detroit OL that was devastated by injuries & was being plugged by no-name rookies & journeymen, our DEs managed to provide extremely little pressure on the QB.....which I believe has been one of the major complaints against our D.

I'm starting to feel that even though the DEs might show up on occasion to show their upper potential, their standard level of play is perhaps in the below average levels.

Lack of pass rush has been a constant complaint with this team since week 3.....even in the MIN game where we won, we nearly lost due to the total lack of pressure achieved.

<_< this is one of the lamest posts i've seen in a long time.  wtf difference does that make?

807008[/snapback]

White D-Linemen that play for the Bills suck.

Leif Larsen, Tim Anderson, Ryan Denney, Sean Moran, Shawn Price, Chris Kelsey.