When Does the Bell Toll for Modrak and McNally?

As I read the articles this morning that clearly paint the pictures of the Bill's latest stumble, a common denominator is the roster's void of talent. Roy Williams is a picture of talent and what a top first round draft pick should look like and we don't see many of those pictures in our program (granted, their GM has his own problems, but at least they have one pro bowler to our none); I believe the term is "playmakers." Thus I ask, a man that was around for a lot of these drafts and is the quote unquote the architect of this roster is Mr. Modrak, who was probably fishing or playing golf in Jacksonville while Levy was plowing his driveway to make it to the office ( something is wrong with that picture), and how much longer is he going to get a free pass? I also haven't seen much from McNally either, and I wonder if Anthony Munuoz is in Canton because of his god given ability or McNally's superior coaching, I am leaning toward option A myself? Outside of Whitner and Ellison, I have not been impressed with the rest of the draft class and the free agent acquisitions have been marginal at best and that is only because I am benchmarking them against prior free agent signings like Bennie Anderson. Let's be honest, after Spikes the best FA signing we have had in five or six years is the field goal kicker, arguably the best player on this year's team.

I would say that both Modrak and McNally are still with the Bills because both are considered at least "average". Marv had so much housecleaning of "below-average" people this off-season that there wasn't time to properly review, evaluate and replace the simply average staff and players.

In the next off-season I think both Modrak and McNally will be evaluated more thoroughly by Marv. If they are still on the staff in '07 then I would view it as an endorsement of their performance by Levy.

I also haven't seen much from McNally either, and I wonder if Anthony Munuoz is in Canton because of his god given ability or McNally's superior coaching, I am leaning toward option A myself?

806257[/snapback]

Shhh....In this part of the world you cannot complain about McNally....I have been saying this for the last 2 years....This guy and Tim Krumrie (the DL coach we fired this year) have done nothing to solidy this line...McNally has been given just too much a Pass for producing ineffective lines in 4 seasons in Buffalo. Time to move on...

Shhh....In this part of the world you cannot complain about McNally....I have been saying this for the last 2 years....This guy and Tim Krumrie (the DL coach we fired this year) have done nothing to solidy this line...McNally has been given just too much a Pass for producing ineffective lines in 4 seasons in Buffalo.  Time to move on...

806425[/snapback]

I might be inclined to agree about McNally, if he hadn't succeeded everywhere else he had been. The Bills have been trying to patch up their O-line with retreads and "special projects" for the last seven years or so. We drove Ruben Brown out of town (arguably still our best O-linemen at the time), and we wasted one first round pick on a flop, in Mike Williams. Jason Peters has been the lone "special project" to pan out, in all of that time. I am not so sure it is McNally, or the talent he is beig asked to coach. Given his track record, I wouldn't be so quick to run him out of town...as we love to do....

Shhh....In this part of the world you cannot complain about McNally....I have been saying this for the last 2 years....This guy and Tim Krumrie (the DL coach we fired this year) have done nothing to solidy this line...McNally has been given just too much a Pass for producing ineffective lines in 4 seasons in Buffalo.  Time to move on...

806425[/snapback]

Don't forget about how much better the Giants Offensive Line has gotten since they let him go.