Travis Henry

D_House

I concur.  If WM ran as hard and with as much determination as Travis Henry we would be in much better shape right now.  TH always played hard and would have got those failed 4th and 1s and goal-line stands we've had so much trouble with this year!

806304[/snapback]

Kinda like that 4th and 1 he picked up in oakland a few years back?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, everyone, before this turns into that retarded Flutie/Johnson/Losman thread I wasted my time with earlier today, let's end it. Travis doesn't play for us anymore. We wouldn't rather have him instead of Willis on our current team. Let's move on.

806293[/snapback]

how about Bledsoe? Can we talk about him? :lol:

Fair enough. Did you think that he would have gained a few more yards than he has thus far? :P

806301[/snapback]

He did miss a lot of time last year and got off on the wrong foot with the coaching staff (hence his one start last year). It looks like he's turned things around this year and is finally getting some playing time. Now that he's playing he's putting up pretty good numbers and running really f'in hard.

This is the thing that is perplexing to me. Henry lays it all out there when he plays, I like watching guys like that even if they're not the most talented players on the field. I thought most fans appreciated that kind of effort. I guess not. He's not a great runner and is probably a below average one but his effort makes up for it. He almost wills himself to get yards.

Btw, do you still think Henry is the worst blocking back in the league? I'd say Willis gives him a run for his money. I wonder if it's coincidence that the Bills never seem to be able to find ANY players, be they OL or RBs that can pick up the blitz. :lol:

Yeah, he pretty much sucks.  :lol: Just ask Va Bills and Bill in NYC.

When we drafted Willis, we had so many more needs than a running back who was a year from being able to step on the field. A few years later, Travis is averaging almost a full yard more per carry than Willis, has more yards per game and has scored three touchdowns compared to one for Willis. But I guess that's because Travis is surrounded by so much talent in Tennessee. :P

Yet the Willis fan club here will tell you it's all our line's fault, WM is the god of RBs, and Travis Henry is outperforming him only because he's surrounded by stars and a great team in Tennessee.

The real story is, Willis is not the answer at RB, and is as average as you find when you consider everything a great RB is (enter Thurman Thomas).

Another note, I notice nobody here mentions A-Trains blitz pickup on JP's blindside while WM was on the sidelines yesterday. If that was WM there would have been 5 threads dedicated to it.

henry is injury prone.  and has no breakaway speed.  but neither did emmit smith.  henry also had off the field problems.  he is mature now.  and a good player with the right type of line and one cut and go runnng game (NORM CHOW).

806308[/snapback]

And Willis has breakaway speed?! hahahha what a joke!

He did miss a lot of time last year and got off on the wrong foot with the coaching staff (hence his one start last year).  It looks like he's turned things around this year and is finally getting some playing time.  Now that he's playing he's putting up pretty good numbers and running really f'in hard. 

This is the thing that is perplexing to me.  Henry lays it all out there when he plays, I like watching guys like that even if they're not the most talented players on the field.  I thought most fans appreciated that kind of effort.  I guess not.  He's not a great runner and is probably a below average one but his effort makes up for it.  He almost wills himself to get yards.

Btw, do you still think Henry is the worst blocking back in the league?  I'd say Willis gives him a run for his money.  I wonder if it's coincidence that the Bills never seem to be able to find ANY players, be they OL or RBs that can pick up the blitz.  :lol:

806314[/snapback]

As you may recall, Henry quite often was unable to remember who to block.

As for his short yardage ability, there were fumbles galore.

Despite the above, I readily admit that he could run. He was a slasher, and tough to bring down when he gathered a head of steam. I would however prefer Willis, and by a ton. Jmo.

You picked a bad time to bring HIM up. Yesterday, he passed Boomer Esiason for career touchdown passes.

Wait until he plays a good team and bombs.  :P

806317[/snapback]

LOL!! First of all, congrats to Drew....I didn't know he did that, so kudos to him :)

Secondly, I think this is a good time to focus in on the guy, cause this is what typically happens....he has a strong game that makes everyone all giddy and allows them to feel confident, and then the next time he plays in an important game, WHOOOOPS!, out comes the carpet :lol:

But seriously, I don't dislike him as much as I'm sure I let on sometimes....how could I dislike someone who provides me with so much entertainment value?? :P

Kinda like that 4th and 1 he picked up in oakland a few years back?

806310[/snapback]

Thank you for making me relive that moment, Ramius.

Line opens up a rare hole and apparently either Travis was so stunned by this that it knocked him off his feet, or one of those crazy Raider fans shot him before he could reach the goal line.

We suck. I love them. But we suck.

Well at least he's still in the league. That has to count for something.

806320[/snapback]

Yep, and still starting....gotta give him that, I agree!

yeah a little like that, seeing as how ya know....he scored on the play but the refs blew the call?

806337[/snapback]

OK...help me with this one. I seem to remember a game where Travis scored but the refs called him down short of the goal line (stunning, I know), but wasn't there also a game where Travis has a huge hole to go into the end zone and inexplicably just falls down?

Are you feeling OK?

806338[/snapback]

:lol:

Heck, Bill, I was one of the most excited fans when we picked the guy up! I honestly wanted him to succeed here....I really liked our offense with Travis, Bledsoe, Moulds, Peerless, etc. I thought we were on the right track....so I'm not totally devoid of "fuzzy feelings" for Drew, but at the same time I can't help have a little fun at his expense :P

Who would you rather have on the team TODAY?  TH or WM?

I would take TH.....

806336[/snapback]

TH takes a hell of a pounding given his style. He ends up missing too many games and his career will end up being much shorter than McGahee's because of it. Although they have different styles their results are similar. Neither breaks long runs, both have career averages hovering around 4ypc and neither can block worth a damn.

I'd take McGahee simply because he'll have a longer career and he holds onto the ball much better than Henry (Henry averages a lost fumble once ever 80 attempts while McGahee averages one once every 246 attempts).

OK...help me with this one. I seem to remember a game where Travis scored but the refs called him down short of the goal line (stunning, I know), but wasn't there also a game where Travis has a huge hole to go into the end zone and inexplicably just falls down?

806341[/snapback]

Yes, the ref game was Oakland, the "fall over his feet" game was NE.

I always liked Travis. At least he always showed up, it seemed. Unlike some of the guys there now.

806360[/snapback]

Yeah, I always got the impression that Travis busted his asss every game.