Travis Henry

D_House

Not a fantasy follower, but saw his stats for yesterday's game in Peter King's column, then looked at his yearly stats. His last two games:

19-123-0 TD

32-178-1 TD

For the season, he's averaging 95 yds/game. I thought he was a bum?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a fantasy follower, but saw his stats for yesterday's game in Peter King's column, then looked at his yearly stats.  His last two games:

19-123-0 TD

32-178-1 TD

For the season, he's averaging 95 yds/game.  I thought he was a bum?

806227[/snapback]

I don't think anyone thought he was a bum (on the field). He always ran hard and played with injury. He was a strong RB here. He just wasn't the future.

The Bills took a chance that McGahee was, and McGahee's first games in his comeback made them look right. He ran with strength and authority (the stiff arm, pounding people, etc.). Now McGahee runs like a girl.

I don't think anyone thought he was a bum (on the field).

806230[/snapback]

There were several people on this board that said he was horrible and one poster went so far as to say he was so bad that he would be out of football within a year (or two) of leaving the Bills.

Not a fantasy follower, but saw his stats for yesterday's game in Peter King's column, then looked at his yearly stats.  His last two games:

19-123-0 TD

32-178-1 TD

For the season, he's averaging 95 yds/game.  I thought he was a bum?

806227[/snapback]

Counting the year 2004 until the present, here is what he has accomplished....

Rushing Yards: 1044

Receiving Yards: 187

Touchdowns: 3

Drug Suspensions: 1

Injuries: Countless

I think I'll wait until I go off on a tizzy on how good Travis Henry is to have on a football team, but that's just me.

I think I'll wait until I go off on a tizzy on how good Travis Henry is to have on a football team, but that's just me.

806247[/snapback]

Enter the poster that thought he'd be out of the league by now.

806247[/snapback]

Yeah, he's on the list with Ricky Williams and Koren Robinson. Henry's next positive lands a year suspension. Do not pass go, do not collect $200. As a matter of fact, do not collect any money for a year.

He's always ran hard and gained decent yardage, but fumbled alot and stayed hurt.

Yeah, he pretty much sucks. :lol: Just ask Va Bills and Bill in NYC.

When we drafted Willis, we had so many more needs than a running back who was a year from being able to step on the field. A few years later, Travis is averaging almost a full yard more per carry than Willis, has more yards per game and has scored three touchdowns compared to one for Willis. But I guess that's because Travis is surrounded by so much talent in Tennessee. :P

And three seasons later, we STILL have the same needs we had when we chose to select McGahee. Ironically enough, one of the two guys I was screaming at the TV for the Bills to take is the same guy Bill in NYC hopes we go after in free agency this coming off-season (Steinbach). (The other guy was Dallas Clark.)

For the record, Willis is a better overall back than Travis. He has been better off the field than Travis. But we didn't need that pick at that time.

Yeah, he pretty much sucks.  :lol: Just ask Va Bills and Bill in NYC.

When we drafted Willis, we had so many more needs than a running back who was a year from being able to step on the field. A few years later, Travis is averaging almost a full yard more per carry than Willis, has more yards per game and has scored three touchdowns compared to one for Willis. But I guess that's because Travis is surrounded by so much talent in Tennessee. :P

And three seasons later, we STILL have the same needs we had when we chose to select McGahee. Ironically enough, one of the two guys I was screaming at the TV for the Bills to take is the same guy Bill in NYC hopes we go after in free agency this coming off-season (Steinbach). (The other guy was Dallas Clark.)

For the record, Willis is a better overall back than Travis. He has been better off the field than Travis. But we didn't need that pick at that time.

806260[/snapback]

Quoted for truth

Ironically enough, one of the two guys I was screaming at the TV for the Bills to take is the same guy Bill in NYC hopes we go after in free agency this coming off-season (Steinbach). (The other guy was Dallas Clark.)

806260[/snapback]

I wanted Steinbach in that draft as much as did any poster on this board.

Henry needed to be replaced, but we could have done this with a lower pick, let alone to have to wait more than a year for.

It was another dumb, "gimmick" pick by TD.

There were several people on this board that said he was horrible and one poster went so far as to say he was so bad that he would be out of football within a year (or two) of leaving the Bills.

806235[/snapback]

I can't believe you haven't learned that there isn't much football knowledge on this website; the most popular posters are cheerleaders and fundamentalist and not football pundits.

Yeah, he pretty much sucks.  :lol: Just ask Va Bills and Bill in NYC.

806260[/snapback]

Not to mention that a great RB isn't really a position needed for a team to win. Hell, the Jets are 3-3 and have the worst backfield in the league. Look how good everybody who runs behind that Steeler or Bronco lines looks?

If a team has almost everything in place they have the luxury of drafting a RB in the 1st round (like say the Pats or the Colts). Otherwise, Imo, it's a wasted pick. I like McGahee but I totally agree with you he was a luxury pick (as was Parrish).

I wanted Steinbach in that draft as much as did any poster on this board.

Henry needed to be replaced, but we could have done this with a lower pick, let alone to have to wait more than a year for.

It was another dumb, "gimmick" pick by TD.

806273[/snapback]

Yes, and that deserved to be mentioned in my post. You and I were on the same page regarding Steinbach. And I was going to say that TD made that pick for, as big a reason as any in my opinion, to bring attention upon himself.

I can't believe you haven't learned that there isn't much football knowledge on this website; the most popular posters are cheerleaders and fundamentalist and not football pundits.

806274[/snapback]

The guys has had a couple of good games in the last 3 seasons Pipe Man!

Where were all of his "fans" when he was benched, suspended, or just sucked since 2004? :lol:

Where were all of his "fans" when he was benched, suspended, or just sucked since 2004?  :lol:

806285[/snapback]

I wouldn't say I am a "fan" but I was right here debating you that he wasn't nearly as bad as you attempt to make him out to be. He's a decent back, nothing more, nothing less.

Where were all of his "fans" when he was benched, suspended, or just sucked since 2004?  :lol:

806285[/snapback]

OK, everyone, before this turns into that retarded Flutie/Johnson/Losman thread I wasted my time with earlier today, let's end it. Travis doesn't play for us anymore. We wouldn't rather have him instead of Willis on our current team. Let's move on.

I wouldn't say I am a "fan" but I was right here debating you that he wasn't nearly as bad as you attempt to make him out to be.  He's a decent back, nothing more, nothing less.

806292[/snapback]

Fair enough. Did you think that he would have gained a few more yards than he has thus far? :lol:

I don't think anyone thought he was a bum (on the field). He always ran hard and played with injury. He was a strong RB here. He just wasn't the future.

The Bills took a chance that McGahee was, and McGahee's first games in his comeback made them look right. He ran with strength and authority (the stiff arm, pounding people, etc.). Now McGahee runs like a girl.

806230[/snapback]

I concur. If WM ran as hard and with as much determination as Travis Henry we would be in much better shape right now. TH always played hard and would have got those failed 4th and 1s and goal-line stands we've had so much trouble with this year!