Jason Peters

ACor58

Peters just happens to suck less then the rest of the O-Line.

Peters is like an OK looking girl surrounded by a bunch of ugly pigs, which kind of makes her look hot, especially after a few beers (Like starting 2-2), but she is really just a pig herself.

Gandy should be thankful that Bennie Anderson sucked so bad last year, because this year his is Bennie Anderson.

Folwer and Reyes are nice backups.

Villarial is like Barbaro, on his last leg.

This team is so f**ked for the next few seasons. We have no offensive lineman to speak of. Who do we have waiting inthe wings? Duke Preston is called "Duke" because he plays like "Duke" which is a synonym for sh--. And we addressed the future with a 5th and two 7th round draft picks. Sorry, but we are not in a position to get any better next year or the year after that.

Peters is like an OK looking girl surrounded by a bunch of ugly pigs, which kind of makes her look hot, especially after a few beers (Like starting 2-2), but she is really just a pig herself.

Gandy should be thankful that Bennie Anderson sucked so bad last year, because this year his is Bennie Anderson.

Folwer and Reyes are nice backups.

Villarial is like Barbaro, on his last leg.

This team is so f**ked for the next few seasons. We have no offensive lineman to speak of. Who do we have waiting inthe wings? Duke Preston is called "Duke" because he plays like "Duke" which is a synonym for sh--. And we addressed the future with a 5th and two 7th round draft picks. Sorry, but we are not in a position to get any better next year or the year after that.

806190[/snapback]

What a well thought out post.

806190[/snapback]

I hear ya on the lack of quality linemen, but I feel this is a talent issue, not necessarily a high draft pick position. We went the high draft pick route and wound up w/ Mike Williams for our offensive line. We've gone the cheap/low draft pick route in years past and ended up w/ a string of ineffective guys like Joe Panos, Kris Farris, Victor Allotey, and Mike Pussywillow. I'd rather see us evaluate talent better and end up w/ good offensive line prospects, be it a high draft pick or a low one.

I hear ya on the lack of quality linemen, but I feel this is a talent issue, not necessarily a high draft pick position.  We went the high draft pick route and wound up w/ Mike Williams for our offensive line.  We've gone the cheap/low draft pick route in years past and ended up w/ a string of ineffective guys like Joe Panos, Kris Farris, Victor Allotey, and Mike Pussywillow.  I'd rather see us evaluate talent better and end up w/ good offensive line prospects, be it a high draft pick or a low one.

806201[/snapback]

You are absolutley right, Mike Williams destroys any argument on that. What concerns me is that the team waited until the last day and the last round to draft linemen. That to me, says that the front office deemed the current players at the position talented enough to compete in the NFL, which means the front office has a problem judging OL talent all together.

You are absolutley right, Mike Williams destroys any argument on that. What concerns me is that the team waited until the last day and the last round to draft linemen. That to me, says that the front office deemed the current players at the position talented enough to compete in the NFL, which means the front office has a problem judging OL talent all together.

806204[/snapback]

Well in all fairness our d-line sucked, with the losses of phat pat and sam adams. So picking mccargo and williams will help there, also, Ko and Donte have been better than the combo of Troy and Lawyer were last year. So i can't complain about this year's draft on marv since he did address major needs. i can blame donahoe for not building a line in 5 years.

Well in all fairness our d-line sucked, with the losses of phat pat and sam adams. So picking mccargo and williams will help there, also, Ko and Donte have been better than the combo of Troy and Lawyer were last year. So i can't complain about this year's draft on marv since he did address major needs. i can blame donahoe for not building a line in 5 years.

806209[/snapback]

Our D-Line STILL sucks. :(

Our D-Line STILL sucks.  :(

806212[/snapback]

yeah but that means that we have to address it some more, fwiw i think k williams will continue to improve, and the jury is still out on mccargo, but it looks like tripplett was a total reach by marv and co.and we still have tim anderson who hasn't shown a whole lot.

Also, in yesterday's game, i think linebackers were more at fault for kevin jones gouging them, becuase they didn't fill gaps plenty of times.

yeah but that means that we have to address it some more, fwiw i think k williams will continue to improve, and the jury is still out on mccargo, but it looks like tripplett was a total reach by marv and co.and we still have tim anderson who hasn't shown a whole lot.

Also, in yesterday's game, i think linebackers were more at fault for kevin jones gouging them, becuase they didn't fill gaps plenty of times.

806214[/snapback]

Good call, LBs were invisible yesterday. I don't think I heard Crowell's name called once. McCargo scares me, since he broke the same foot that he did last year.

We went the high draft pick route and wound up w/ Mike Williams for our offensive line.

806201[/snapback]

This is true, but Mike Williams was fat, and he played Right Tackle. We passed on McKinnie and Levi Jones to take this load.

Looking at this, we are told that almost all of the quality Left Tackles are selected in round 1, and I am not ONLY speaking of all time greats. Of course, there are a few exceptions. Right Tackles otoh are far easier to get.

What scares me is that in some seasons, there were no top LTs to be found at all, and as we know, Left Tackles are almost never traded, nor let go by their current team unless they suck (ala Mike Gandy).

The Lions and the Bills are two good illustrations of what happens when football teams neglect the OL, and/or make stupid moves to fill these positions. Their records are a direct reflection of this idiocy, and other stupid draft moves.

I wouldn't even be so pissed off if I wasn't pretty sure that Levy is setting the table to take a few more defensive backs on day 1 in 07. In fact, I would say to bank on it. :(

This is true, but Mike Williams was fat, and he played Right Tackle. We passed on McKinnie and Levi Jones to take this load.

Looking at this, we are told that almost all of the quality Left Tackles are selected in round 1, and I am not ONLY speaking of all time greats. Of course, there are a few exceptions. Right Tackles otoh are far easier to get.

What scares me is that in some seasons, there were no top LTs to be found at all, and as we know, Left Tackles are almost never traded, nor let go by their current team unless they suck (ala Mike Gandy).

The Lions and the Bills are two good illustrations of what happens when football teams neglect the OL, and/or make stupid moves to fill these positions. Their records are a direct reflection of this idiocy, and other stupid draft moves.

I wouldn't even be so pissed off if I wasn't pretty sure that Levy is setting the table to take a few more defensive backs on day 1 in 07. In fact, I would say to bank on it.  :lol:

806232[/snapback]

just take a look at how many of the OT's taken in the 1st round wnd up not even playing much. Even more still, many are just average OT's. I'd say the bad pick rate for OT's in the first round is about 50% based on a quick review.

Now, that said, I agree: we need an impact LOT and the draft is usually the way to go. Shoot, right now, I'd take Jonas Jenning for 8-11 games a year with even with his big contract. I know, too late though....

Go Bills!!! somehow...

just take a look at how many of the OT's taken in the 1st round wnd up not even playing much.  Even more still, many are just average OT's.  I'd say the bad pick rate for OT's in the first round is about 50% based on a quick review.

806261[/snapback]

That is quite true, and probably the same for most positions, especially QB.

My point really is that there is almost no other way to get a top LT.

This is a good thread. Lots of solid posts here. The line is a major concern. Clearly you can run and control the ball and pass protect when you got 5 good guys. Without them, everything is impossible.

I watched the Steelars OL dominate yest. Big Ben had time to throw and they blew KC off the ball every snap. They got great players who were drafted in and others who were high picks they paid a lot for. THat line demonstrates a lot to me. They then get put in positions to do well in. I mean, they are simply asked to line up and block and always have a good TE and fullback to help out. THen the WRs block well down field. They have good paly actiion of this. It is simple. It lets the talented players smash mouth it. THey are high talent linemen and out play the other line. Their Def. then keeps the ball position managable until the line smashed holes in the 3rd and 4th quarters.

BIlls are to draft OL. Smash mouthers. Grinders for the cold weather. NO pussys like jonas jennings or sad saps like mike williams. Levy scares me with his abilty to pick OL. After he lost his super bowl lines to retirement and free agency he started to rely on jerry crafts and other scrubs. Modrak better take this role and buidl a line like he did in Philly.

Levy scares me with his abilty to pick OL.  After he lost his super bowl lines to retirement and free agency he started to rely on jerry crafts and other scrubs.  Modrak better take this role and buidl a line like he did in Philly.

806283[/snapback]

I forgot about how quickly the online deteriorated towards the end of Marv's tenure. Modrak does not have a long history of drafting offensive lineman (at least in Philly), but here is who he has picked.

Tra Thomas (1) - All-Pro

Melvin Thomas (7) - Nope, but he was a seventh rounder

Doug Brzezinski (3) - Signed as a FA with Panthers in 2003. All Rookie selection in 99.

John Welbourn (4) - Traded to Chiefs in 2004 for a 5th round draft choice, retired this year

Bobbie Williams (2) - Signed with Cin as FA in 04. Very solid Player.

I wouldn't even be so pissed off if I wasn't pretty sure that Levy is setting the table to take a few more defensive backs on day 1 in 07. In fact, I would say to bank on it.  :lol:

806232[/snapback]

what will you do if the bills draft a cb with the first pick to replace clements?

what will you do if the bills draft a cb with the first pick to replace clements?

806413[/snapback]

I will blow a f**king gasket, especillay since they already drafted Youbooty. The way that our Offensive Line has played, I would not be upset if they drafted 7 offensive freaking lineman next year.

806413[/snapback]

I wouldn't be at all surprised. In fact, I fully expect it. How about you?

I hope he is able to remember that in 06, he drafted 2 early safeties and signed another one as a ufa. Maybe someone can tap him on the shoulder and remind him in case he forgets, and wants to draft a few more.

The line is a major concern.  Clearly you can run and control the ball and pass protect when you got 5 good guys.  Without them, everything is impossible.

806283[/snapback]

This is one of the really depressing parts. Even if the Bills draft/trade/sign/develop some sort of LT future HOF'er, they still have 4 other turnstiles to replace. It could take a long time to get a quality O-line tackle to tackle

806190[/snapback]

Ok...so....I think I got it:

Peters is the hot freshman pledge

Fowler transferred from another school, they're still trying to figure out if she's cool or not

Reyes got into the sorority because her older sister pledged

Gandy is a senior and is just lazy and wants to leave

Villarial is the girl who was hot in college, but then came back for Homecoming and was fat, slugging beers, belching, and had ketchup and BBQ sauce on her Delta Gamma sweatshirt

And Mouse McNally is the shady psychology teacher who makes sexual passes at all of them and they end up blowing him for good grades on the final

Yep, I've seen it a hundred times...