Nate Clements - avg of 4 INT a year

Champ Bailey - avg of 4.1 INT per year

Chris McAlister - avg of 2.3 INT per year

Ty Law - avg of 4.5 INT per year

Shaun Springs - avg of 3.25 INT per year

Patrick Surtain - avg of 4.1 INT per year

DeAngelo Hall - avg of 4 INT per year

just though I would throw that out there

Sorry its a long night. I just keep finding new stuff. Going on.

Nate Clements after 5 years ... 20 INT's, 45 pass deflections

Champ Bailey after 5 years ... 18 INT's, 62 pass deflections

Patrick Surtain after 5 years ... 18 INT's, 44 pass deflections

Shawn Springs after 5 years ... 16 INT's, 44 pass deflections

Ty Law after 5 years ... 20 INT's, 50 pass deflections

Chris McAlister after 5 years ... 14 INT's, 63 pass deflections

Now lets see what year was their best year

Champ Bailey - 7th season

Patrick Surtain - 6th season

Shawn Springs - 8th season

Ty Law - 11th season

Chris McAlister - he is one pace to have his best year, this year, his 8th season

So according to the stats above, Clements is above or right on average with all of the other dominant CB's in the league at this point in his career (through 5 seasons). Not only that but only ONE of those CB's even came close to having their best season by their 6th season (which Nate is playing in now).

In fact Nate resembles closely Ty Law ... its my recollection (according to his pro-bowl appearances and super bowl rings) that he didnt turn out to bad. Although its funny. His 5th and 6th season were his worst seasons before he turned it around and started doing great again! Would you imagine that. Its just kinda funny that Nate Clements 5th season was somewhat poor and his 6th season has started slow. Hmm ...

Lets talk about old DB's losing a step. In Law's past 4 seasons, he has averaged 5.25 INT's and 8+ pass deflections per season ...

Of course someone will come along and argue concrete stats.

I want to re-sign nate. i think he's an asset to the team. he's obviously not playing at the top of his game, but we've seen what he can do. plus, that is one less position to worry about in the offseason.

But nate is not worth the 50 mil he thinks he is inside his head. Thats where i have a problem. If we could re-sign nate in the 6 year 30 mil range, he's well worth it. But not at 7 yrs for 50+ mil.

I want to re-sign nate. i think he's an asset to the team. he's obviously not playing at the top of his game, but we've seen what he can do. plus, that is one less position to worry about in the offseason.

But nate is not worth the 50 mil he thinks he is inside his head. Thats where i have a problem. If we could re-sign nate in the 6 year 30 mil range, he's well worth it. But not at 7 yrs for 50+ mil.

810091[/snapback]

How about 40 mil? :doh:

I don't see how cap space can possibly be an issue. Mike Williams counted a ton (pun intended) toward the cap in 07, and I think that Moulds did as well. Additionally, the number will rise.

Whether or not RW wants to spend is another issue (who knows?), but the Bills imo will have plenty of cap room to sign Nate AND go after top UFAs (assuming there are any).

So according to the stats above, Clements is above or right on average with all of the other dominant CB's in the league at this point in his career (through 5 seasons).

809739[/snapback]

Amazing what you can prove with stats huh? :doh:

How about 40 mil?  :doh:

I don't see how cap space can possibly be an issue. Mike Williams counted a ton (pun intended) toward the cap in 07, and I think that Moulds did as well. Additionally, the number will rise.

Whether or not RW wants to spend is another issue (who knows?), but the Bills imo will have plenty of cap room to sign Nate AND go after top UFAs (assuming there are any).

810103[/snapback]

we do have a lot of cap space this coming year, from moulds and williams. I suppose 40 mil would be ok over 7 years. champ averages 9 mil per season. nate worth about 6-6.5 per season in my eyes, with the way CB contracts are bloated.

The real problem i see is that i'm not sure if ralph is willing to hand over the 12-15 mil SB required to keep nate here. NC would probably stay for less overall with the slightly bigger SB. Also, would ralph pay 25 mil in total SB and 70 mil total contract value in 1 offseason for NC and steinbach? :doh:

I think Nate has lost his edge. He doesn't play with the confidence he once did. He doesn't sound like the old Nate in interviews. He even took down his playmaker nameplate. Something has changed with him, but he doesn't seem like the same player.

Also, would ralph pay 25 mil in total SB and 70 mil total contract value in 1 offseason for NC and steinbach? :doh:

810115[/snapback]

That is a friggin great question.

If he makes moves like the above and has a good draft, the Bills are back in it.....just like !@#$ing that!

This has always always been the theme of the long, drawn out point that I am trying to make. :doh::doh:

once again...i dont care how good he is (well mabye if he was the BEST CB in the NFL hands down then nvm) .... i hate to play skill players the big $$$ ...stick to the core of the players-O-Line and D-Line ... you have a solid line on both sides then branch off that you will go far in this league..just look at cowboys with emmit smith-he was just an average back behind the best line of the history of the game ... dont get me wrong its nice to have a L.T. or T.O.(talent-wise not off-field issues) but a good core is essential