Clements to Tampa Bay?

pBills

Nah. ESPN was talking about it yesterday that Clements will be the one of the most sought after Free Agents. He will be paid.

807259[/snapback]

Well, if ESPN say so......basically I was mainly refering to your opposition here. If we don't think NC is worth the money, why do people think other teams will think he is worth the money.

IMO we will not be paying 7mil+ for NC next year....if some team is willing to pay him, he will be gone.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody said we CAN'T, they said we WON'T!

And I am on the side of won't.  Nate the Great is way overpaid as it is and I would be really pissed if we paid him even more to stay.

The guy is a fair CB and he's being paid franchise player money.  I don't care that we HAVE the money to overpay him.  Every time he misses a key tackle, I want to trade his ass to the CFL for a couple sixes of Molson.  He ain't worth the money.

807211[/snapback]

Gee you should have told Marv that before he franchised him ... darn you for knowing more than Marv and not telling him. <_<

Thinking like this is what keeps us from getting good. We keep giving up solid players to build on. He may make a few mistakes but he is still solid. For every one time he misses a tackle or ball, he has 10 times of covering his receiver/making a tackle. This is the advantage of watching the game at the stadium. On TV you only see/hear what the announcers want you to.

Well, if ESPN say so......basically I was mainly refering to your opposition here.  If we don't think NC is worth the money, why do people think other teams will think he is worth the money.

IMO we will not be paying 7mil+ for NC next year....if some team is willing to pay him, he will be gone.

807262[/snapback]

Well Im not saying that ESPN is always right. But when it comes to teams they usually know more than we do. They can talk to GM's and see if they want Clements .... we cant do that.

The answer to your question. We have rose-colored-glasses as fans and can only see the bad side to Clements. Other teams see the good things.

Thinking like this is what keeps us from getting good. We keep giving up solid players to build on.

807264[/snapback]

Yep, I agree with this. I'm not a huge fan of Clements but I'm absolutely tired of the Bills letting their first round picks sign elsewhere once their first contract is up. Clements might not be worth the cash but if the Bills let him go it's just another slot to fill.

Yep, I agree with this.  I'm not a huge fan of Clements but I'm absolutely tired of the Bills letting their first round picks sign elsewhere once their first contract is up.  Clements might not be worth the cash but if the Bills let him go it's just another slot to fill.

807270[/snapback]

Not to mention WE HAVE THE MONEY TO DO IT PLUS GET OTHER PLAYERS!

It seems like people want to not give him the money just to spite him. Jeez.

Gee you should have told Marv that before he franchised him ... darn you for knowing more than Marv and not telling him.  ;)

Thinking like this is what keeps us from getting good. We keep giving up solid players to build on. He may make a few mistakes but he is still solid. For every one time he misses a tackle or ball, he has 10 times of covering his receiver/making a tackle. This is the advantage of watching the game at the stadium. On TV you only see/hear what the announcers want you to.

807264[/snapback]

Ummm, I don't know what games you've been watching, but Nate is neither solid nor does he make 10 solid plays for every missed play.

He hasn't been solid in two years. And he certainly doesn't warrant the kind of money some sucker team will be willing to pony up for him.

And no, I don't think we should anyway just because we have it to pay him. That's just plain idiocy.

Clements is our longest tenured Bill. The fact of the matter is that do you think by getting rid of Clements will we will drastically improve in some way. I'm not so sure.

I think if anything, if we trade Clements for McFarland, it should become clear to everybody that we are going to begin the full blown rebuilding process which would include Youboty playing out the season. Don't think that this trade would be because we are trying to improve this season. It's not for that purpose and i think a lot of people are making that mistake.

To all the people hating on Nate, Clements had 20 picks and 4 tds (plus 2 additional ones on punt returns). Champ Bailey in 5 seasons had 18 picks and 2 tds (look it up).

Clements missed tackles are not from sitting back and acting like a pu$$y. They are from aggressive mistakes. The Bills have had arguably one of the worst fronts in the league the majority of time Nate was here. If Clements goes to a team that can put some pressure on a QB, he will have to get a second home in Hawaii he will be there so much.

Clements is a ball player and there's a reason why we have been seeing McGee on screen so much. It's because a lot teams avoid Clements. Besides that fluke in Miami, see how Chambers had done against Nate. He shut him down every time.

That said, if the the Bills can pick up a DT for Nate, I'm all for it. Cover 2 corners are fairly easily to find & a DT that can play in this system is much harder. But some of you are kidding yourselves if Clements isn't elite. I hate some of you people sometimes.

;)

Ummm, I don't know what games you've been watching, but Nate is neither solid nor does he make 10 solid plays for every missed play.

He hasn't been solid in two years.  And he certainly doesn't warrant the kind of money some sucker team will be willing to pony up for him.

And no, I don't think we should anyway just because we have it to pay him.  That's just plain idiocy.

807440[/snapback]

So instead we go into next season with 10-12 million in free cap space and a secondary with toast McGee as our #1 CB and a bunch of 2nd year players behind him? 10-12 mill in wasted cap space is idiocy.

I can tell you watch the games on TV ... if you go to a game PLEASE watch Clements every defensive play. You will see what I mean. You only notice him on TV when he does something bad. You dont see every other play when he is doing everything right.

Yep, I agree with this.  I'm not a huge fan of Clements but I'm absolutely tired of the Bills letting their first round picks sign elsewhere once their first contract is up.  Clements might not be worth the cash but if the Bills let him go it's just another slot to fill.

807270[/snapback]

BuffaloBob refer to this post ^^

To all the people hating on Nate, Clements had 20 picks and 4 tds (plus 2 additional ones on punt returns).  Champ Bailey in 5 seasons had 18 picks and 2 tds (look it up).

Clements missed tackles are not from sitting back and acting like a pu$$y.  They are from aggressive mistakes.  The Bills have had arguably one of the worst fronts in the league the majority of time Nate was here.  If Clements goes to a team that can put some pressure on a QB, he will have to get a second home in Hawaii he will be there so much.

Clements is a ball player and there's a reason why we have been seeing McGee on screen so much.  It's because a lot teams avoid Clements.  Besides that fluke in Miami, see how Chambers had done against Nate.  He shut him down every time.

That said, if the the Bills can pick up a DT for Nate, I'm all for it.  Cover 2 corners are fairly easily to find & a DT that can play in this system is much harder.  But some of you are kidding yourselves if Clements isn't elite.  I hate some of you people sometimes.

;)

807446[/snapback]

Mhm

BuffaloBob refer to this post ^^

Mhm

807450[/snapback]

Oh, those posts have definitely changed my mind. NOT!

Nate hasn't done everything right on a play in two years. Whenever I see Nate on TV is when he's blowing a critical tackle. And who gives a crap if we have cap space. It's not monopoly money you know. It still comes out of somebody's pocket.

I haven't seen jack from Nate since that Jax game when he should have knocked the ball down but stupidly went for the INT instead, giving the Jags the chance to win the game.

Nate has been nothing more than ordinary to slightly above average for the past two or three years. Christ, at least Winfield could tackle. Him I could have seen spending the money on. Not Nate the Great.

But this is all moot anyway, because some sucker team is going to pony up ridiculous doe for him and we aren't going to be anywhere near that foolish.

Oh, those posts have definitely changed my mind.  NOT!

Nate hasn't done everything right on a play in two years.  Whenever I see Nate on TV is when he's blowing a critical tackle.  And who gives a crap if we have cap space.  It's not monopoly money you know.  It still comes out of somebody's pocket.

I haven't seen jack from Nate since that Jax game when he should have knocked the ball down but stupidly went for the INT instead, giving the Jags the chance to win the game.

Nate has been nothing more than ordinary to slightly above average for the past two or three years.  Christ, at least Winfield could tackle.  Him I could have seen spending the money on.  Not Nate the Great.

But this is all moot anyway, because some sucker team is going to pony up ridiculous doe for him and we aren't going to be anywhere near that foolish.

807462[/snapback]

I guess you missed the 2004 regular finale against Pittsburgh. Clements had a pick for TD that gave the Bills a lead in a game that if they won, the Bills would have gone to the playoffs. Oh and he's forced 11 fumbles his first 5 years. Find a corner than can match than.

But continue with your nonsensical Clements bashing.

So instead we go into next season with 10-12 million in free cap space and a secondary with toast McGee as our #1 CB and a bunch of 2nd year players behind him? 10-12 mill in wasted cap space is idiocy.

I can tell you watch the games on TV ... if you go to a game PLEASE watch Clements every defensive play. You will see what I mean. You only notice him on TV when he does something bad. You dont see every other play when he is doing everything right.

807447[/snapback]

I've been to two home games so far this season, the others I have to admit I just couldn't see flying to see. I suspect you watched those same ones on TV that I did.

With Nate the Great, I ain't impressed either live or on TV. He ain't worth half the salary their paying him this year.

BTW, a crapload of used cap space on a so-so player is far worse. That money isn't free. It comes out of the team one way or the other. And in a long-term deal, that cap space is tied up for much longer than just the current year. Nate wants to tie up that cap space for 4 or more years.

Why do you think Marv agreed to pay him franchise tag money just this year? Because they had some space and could afford to overpay him in the short-term (i.e. for ONE year). He wasn't about to tie up cap space for this year and forseeable future years on a guy who is simply not performing at that level. Better to commit that money to a player who's worth it.

I guess you missed the 2004 regular finale against Pittsburgh.  Clements had a pick for TD that gave the Bills a lead in a game that if they won, the Bills would have gone to the playoffs.  Oh and he's forced 11 fumbles his first 5 years.  Find a corner than can match than.

But continue with your nonsensical Clements bashing.

807465[/snapback]

Oh Christ! He made a play in 2004! Whoooppeee! (And no, I didn't miss it, I was there). Too bad he hasn't done jack squat in 2005 or 2006 except miss key tackle after key tackle. I could give a crap about his two forced fumbles per year or the INT he ran back at the end of 2004. I would take a solid tackling, sound coverage DB any day of the year and twice on Sunday for those few "big plays" he makes every year because he's gambling and not playing sound football.

But please, do continue your non-sensical Clements praising! ;)

Oh Christ!  He made a play in 2004!  Whoooppeee!  Too bad he hasn't done jack squat in 2005 or 2006 except miss key tackle after key tackle.  I could give a crap about his two forced fumbles per year or the INT he ran back at the end of 2004.  I would take a solid tackling, sound coverage DB any day of the year and twice on Sunday for those few "big plays" he makes every year because he's gambling and not playing sound football.

But please, do continue your non-sensical Clements praising! ;)

807469[/snapback]

The more he messes up key tackles, the cheaper he'll come next year.