Someone please remind me again...

Rubes

...why the hell I put myself through this every week?

805894[/snapback]

Because you're a loser, like the rest of us? :(

Seriously, I feel your pain. I look forward to the Bills season so much, even when I know, like this year, they are not going to be any good...I hate to say it, but it is starting to get a little easier to take. I still love the Bills, don't get me wrong, and I would never miss a game.....but I find myself watching a lot more other teams than I ever used to. I love the game, no matter how bad my favorite team is...

The Sabres help fill a void!

805894[/snapback]

...because in 91, 92, 93, 94 we were a win away from the whole point of sport...

If following a team year in year out guarranteed a Superbowl victory, what are the other 31 team's fans going to do?

I'm not saying that it doesn't suck, especially when you're flying 30+ hours to see them play, but why be in it for the fair weather. You think a fair weather fan is going to enjoy the Superbowl win as much as the diehard?

I donno.  Me, I see little signs of what they could be.  And I think that's what hooks me week to week.  Just to see if improvement is indeed evident.  Shifting focus to the Sabres is good therapy, if you are a fan.

805910[/snapback]

Yup - it's all about hope in that glimmer of a good thing.

That, and Sundays suck without football.

805894[/snapback]

Masochism ? Better to start riding rolly-coasters or hitting oneself in the head with a hammer, maybe.

I don't know why people are so high on the Sabres.

They look good NOW. But that's not what matters. It's how they look this spring, and I'll guarantee you SOMETHING's going to happen that keeps them from winning the cup. Again.

See, Buffalo sports fans are cosmically not allowed to be happy. We're cursed in a way that those idiot Red Sux fans could never comprehend. We're built on the FOUNDATION of a curse. See, the Sux actually won something before their "curse". Our teams have never won sh--. Ever. And never will. That's part of the deal, Buffalo fans. Eternal bitterness and disappointment....it's one of the reasons that I no longer care if this team moves to LA. Let them have these perennial losers.

See, Buffalo sports fans are cosmically not allowed to be happy. We're cursed in a way that those idiot Red Sux fans could never comprehend. We're built on the FOUNDATION of a curse. See, the Sux actually won something before their "curse". Our teams have never won sh--. Ever. And never will. That's part of the deal, Buffalo fans. Eternal bitterness and disappointment....it's one of the reasons that I no longer care if this team moves to LA. Let them have these perennial losers.

806082[/snapback]

JSP, I wish you would tell us how you *really* feel...

I've been a die-hard Bills & Sabres fan for years and while I believe the Cigarette-Smoking man from The X-Files has something on us, I will NEVERY say that the Bills or Sabres will never win the Superbowl/Cup.

I watch because I'm a fan of the game, I enjoy the competition, and it's a wonderful diversion from everything else. I'm watching the baseball playoffs, even though the Yankees flopped miserably...and this will be at least the 3rd time I'm watching the team that steamrolled the Yankees go on to win the World Series.

As for the Bills....I'm typically an optimist, so I watch because I hope they'll win on any given Sunday. And I especially hope they win this week because it's my annual trek to Orchard Park from Albany. :(