Mike Gandy

Stussy109

<_<  he missed some blocks man he didn't kill your mother.  It's just a game

805732[/snapback]

Three starters out on the O line for Lions and they manage to protect their QB, while Gandy, this gutless girl posing as an NFL left tackle, gives up 3+ sacks and just about gets his QB killed. He even gave up a sack when Willis helped with a chip block. Send a message and cut this spineless faggot today.

Three starters out on the O line for Lions and they manage to protect their QB, while Gandy, this gutless girl posing as an NFL left tackle, gives up 3+ sacks and just about gets his QB killed. He even gave up a sack when Willis helped with a chip block. Send a message and cut this spineless faggot today.

805745[/snapback]

That was a really weak chip block but I agree with the general idea of your post; Gandy was about as bad as an OL can be today.

Gandy layed an egg today but JP or Fairchild didn't help. Now that whif on that playaction that caused the fumble in the 4th was just awful technique. But half of those sacks JP held the ball too long. And what's up with Fairchild's season long infatuation with calling 5-7 step drops %90 of the time? That combined with JP tendency to hold on to the ball too long to try and make a play I'm suprised that there haven't been more 5 plus sack games. Also why not try more plays with a moving pocket or rollout? They tried one yesterday in the shoutgun.

We have played against much better pass rushing teams this season and Gandy and the O-line while they haven't been flawless they haven't look that bad so I'll give them a pass. This team and O-line can ge salvaged if there were better gameplanning and playcalling. First they need to find a personell group that can be a threat to both pass and run as the FB and TE's are no threat in the passing game. Once they do that they should then stick with the run and combine that with more quicker developing pass plays. That way we will have a lot more manageable 3rd downs and allow our WR to get RAC yards. And when defenses start cheating up close then you use our speed to burn them deep. It seems as if our playcalling is all or nothing. One minute we are run happy, the next we are looking for big plays. Then we may run 5 yard routes for 10 straight plays. Where is the mix?

And finally I think JP has been overtrained to not run and to hold onto the ball to make a play downfield. While he hooked up with Parrish yesterday on a broken play, there are a lot more 3rd and 5 or less plays this season where he could have easily picked up a 1st down with his legs if he had chose to run. Instead he'd scramble around, looking for a receiver and throw the ball away. I'm not saying turn into Vick but use what you got.

No way out of this. In a game of sub-stellar performances, MG was the most substandard. He has perfected what we used to call the Oh shyt, LOOKOUT! block. (oh shyt, I missed him...LOOK OUT!) We gotta get some nasty ol offensive linemen next year, or we'll be looking for a QB because Losman will be crippled if the protection stays the way its going.

We gotta get some nasty ol offensive linemen next year, or we'll be looking for a QB because Losman will be crippled if the protection stays the way its going.

806104[/snapback]

Agreed, and this is why I think they should insert Butler into the lineup on Sunday.

OK, Butler WAS the 15th OT selected in the 06 draft. Sure, it could be construed as filling the vital LT position with a late round scrub. But, at least there is a chance of him being able to play!

Gandy otoh is simply a second rate, trash heap castoff. What is there to lose?

The Gandy Man has has survived at left tackle for what, 20 games ? Get used to the idea that "it was just one of those games" or it will be a long season. Late second day draft picks would not be an upgrade.

Agreed, and this is why I think they should insert Butler into the lineup on Sunday.

OK, Butler WAS the 15th OT selected in the 06 draft. Sure, it could be construed as filling the vital LT position with a late round scrub. But, at least there is a chance of him being able to play!

Gandy otoh is simply a second rate, trash heap castoff. What is there to lose?

806125[/snapback]

Agreed

Mike Gandy is THE reason we lost that game. He is embarrasing and should be replaced. It was the worst performance I think I have ever seen in sports history.

Oct. 16, 2006 11:45 EDT

Breaking Down The Game

Buffalo Looks to Regroup

ORCHARD PARK (AP)-- Beleaguered offensive line coach Jim McNally has begun the arduous task of breaking down film from yesterday's debacle in Detroit. Buffalo quarterback JP Losman was under seige from the coin toss yesterday from what was thought to be an impotent Lions pass rush. McNally is especially displeased with the performance of his left tackle Mike Gandy. "We're going to take a different approach this week when looking at the performance of our personnel, we're bringing in some unique outside adivisors to get a different perspective". By unique, McNally means James Woytash, Chief Coroner for Erie County. "We felt that by looking at Gandy on tape and live action, we needed the professional opinion to determine if Mike was really just a cadaver posing as a live, breathing left tackle. We're obviously concerned that with about 2 minutes left in the game, our training staff could not detect a discernable pulse from Mike. The coroner is just a precaution we're taking".