Are We?

Frez

I think the Bills aren't in the bottom five of the league, they're probably in the bottom part of the middle tier of teams. It is clear their lines are in dire, dire need of some help if they are to improve at all this year. Pats next week at home should be an interesting test.

At least the way they talk they aren't whitewashing their play and the team still seems relatively disciplined, unlike many of the teams mentioned as the "bottom five."

I can't believe how much heart the Raiders have shown so far tonight.  Sure they're down 13-0 at the half, but...my god have you seen their heart????

805764[/snapback]

They showed it by making the trip to Denver even though they know they have no chance of winning, and with the knowledge that they are the doormat of the NFL.

Nah. 

1) Raiders (#1 with a bullet!)

2) Titans (Yes, they won today, but the Skins are pretty bad in their own right, and the Titans looked atrocious in their first three games.)

3)  Fish (We beat them, after all.)

4)  Texans (Even if you don't rate Willis . . . Ron Dayne?)

Those four are definitely worse.  Detroit, GB, Cleveland, and Arizona may be worse, may be better.  We're a bad team, but we're probably not in the bottom five.

805540[/snapback]

What about the 49ers?

All kinds of heart man.  Seriously, I envy them.

808498[/snapback]

Yeah...Sunday night, when the Raiders' QB-du-jour was flushed out of the pocket again (because the Raiders' blocking schemes apparently permit only three of the five linemen to block at any one time) and rolled to his left, and had Randy Moss open on the sidelines, Moss showed lots of heart when he turned to his QB and stopped dead, letting the very catchable pass fall two yards in front of him. Almost as much heart as he showed when he caught a pass for a first down, then ran backwards three yards so he'd be tackled behind the marker.

Raiders may play with lots of heart. Now they just need to ask the Wizard for brains and courage, as well.

Yeah...Sunday night, when the Raiders' QB-du-jour was flushed out of the pocket again (because the Raiders' blocking schemes apparently permit only three of the five linemen to block at any one time) and rolled to his left, and had Randy Moss open on the sidelines, Moss showed lots of heart when he turned to his QB and stopped dead, letting the very catchable pass fall two yards in front of him.  Almost as much heart as he showed when he caught a pass for a first down, then ran backwards three yards so he'd be tackled behind the marker.

Raiders may play with lots of heart.  Now they just need to ask the Wizard for brains and courage, as well.

808506[/snapback]

I can't definitively say that you're wrong, but using Randy Moss to exemplify the heart of an entire team isn't very fair. That's like saying the Cowboys are emotionally unstable because of TO.

I can't definitively say that you're wrong, but using Randy Moss to exemplify the heart of an entire team isn't very fair.  That's like saying the Cowboys are emotionally unstable because of TO.

808514[/snapback]

The Eagles were emotionally unstable last year because of TO. It's not that much of a stretch. :P

The Eagles were emotionally unstable last year because of TO.  It's not that much of a stretch.  :P

808515[/snapback]

The Cowboys were emotionally unstable last year, TO was just the icing on the cake. Great to see a breakdown on a team I despise ;) Now if only he could get traded to the Pats, the cycle will be complete.