Storm Shelter Info

Corp000085

I'm trying to locate storm shelter info for the town of clarence so my parents have somewhere to go... if i find the info, i'll post it here, if not, someone else can find it and post it here so i know where to tell them to go! thanks!

http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=41843

Certain towns have set up emergency shelters for those without power.

Orchard Park

Orchard Park Middle School

648-4903-Transporation is available.

Town of Grand Island

2451 Baseline Road (Sidway School)

773-4334-Transportation is available

Buffalo

American Red Cross

Buffalo

886-7500

thanks...  there's nothing more substantial that i can find at this moment...  i've checked the nys emergency management page and they have nothing up yet...  i'll keep on looking

803675[/snapback]

go to the local Fire Dept..they will have a generator powering the hall

Jesus is it that bad over there? Don't watch or read the news so I have no idea.

803692[/snapback]

38oK people without power...4x more snow at this time than 130 year history..largest snow previos was Nov 22...24 inches in some area...yes very bad..funny thing is we have ZERO snow...

the worst thing is the water situation... just like in new orleans. hopefully they can get that processing plant running tonight. on a LAMP note, my mom is in PA and my dad's in the house alone... a tree went trhough the back window, no roof damage, he's ok, but our neighbor had a medical incident that he doesn't know details yet. we're on a mile long driveway, our house is at the end, theirs is in the middle... he said a plow cleared the way for an ambulance and took one of them away on a stretcher... so, its definitely hitting home! and yes dante, its very very bad

WGRZ has live streaming coverage...

After being through 3 Hurricanes the past 2 yrs down here in Fla, I can really sympathize with everyone up there for being without power..

There was some pics I saw of a plane the size of a 737 tipped on it's tail at Bufffalo Intl.. Thats some pretty heavy snow.

Typical Snow Belt storm, hit and miss in some areas.