Dude, where's my team?

LasBillz

OK, I've got a Bills license frame on my car. Four Bills shirts. Keychain, 3 mugs, wall clock, 2 banners- all Bills. Grew up in Depew, but live in the Southwest, so I got DirecTV to watch one team- you guessed it. I have overjoyed when we won, bled when we lost. The wife knew when to stay away.

However, this year, from the preseason, it's been different. I felt comfortable with Mularkey, although troubled by the fact that the Steelers hadn't done much in the latter years he was there. Unlike, say, any assistant from New England. Any new coach is going to learn on the job, and that does not translate into a winning season. There is no sense of urgency anymore with this team- at least not from this fan.

Also, our Bills are in a laughable Catch-22 with regards to Willis MaGahee- who is now healthy, and was projected as a top four draft pick. TD could have drafted OL help, or this season traded either Willis or Henry for OL help- which would leave the remaining back (Willis would be my choice) with a much better chance of actually being successful. No such move is being made, and the Bills continue to play the inferior talent as starter- Henry. If Henry is better than Willis, then why draft Willis? Dumb.

I was encouraged by Losman's selection, and thought he might play a bit this year, if Bledsoe's fat lady was screaming, which she is. I hope he heals faster than humanly possible, since Drew is now embarrassing himself, and possibly ruining his chances at the Hall of Fame. Either way, I can't get too upset at the situation- why bother?

Evans was a good pick- has real speed- but he and Moulds are wasted this year with this QB and this run-run-run system necessitated by a rotten OL that also can't pass block.

So, this year, I'll watch the games, but the playoffs are way out there somewhere- not for us. Given that, I will laugh at Bledsoe, marvel at our defense, pull for MaGahee and the receivers to have patience, and hope for Losman.

And wonder how to get a job where I can screw up for four years and still keep my job- just like Tom Donahoe.