Ravens Defense

Frez

How's that big DL guy doing for the Ravens this year? I can't even remember his name. He's the DT from Oregon everyone wanted to draft in Buffalo and weighed around 350 pounds. I hav3n't heard his name once this year.

I suspect the fact that you can't remember his name is a good reason why you think you haven't heard his name once this year.

I'm just sayin...

803082[/snapback]

I'm with ya...................and that was my point.

How's that big DL guy doing for the Ravens this year? I can't even remember his name. He's the DT from Oregon everyone wanted to draft in Buffalo and weighed around 350 pounds. I hav3n't heard his name once this year.

803079[/snapback]

What evidence do you have that he's not doing well? He starts for the 3rd best run defense in the NFL. Like PW he's not the type of player that will rack up a ton of stats either. Even if you watched a lot of Ravens games it's hard to tell. Remember how few realized the importance PW? That's the same role Ngata has in Baltimore. I have no evidence to say he's great either, but with the 3rd ranked run defense I would probably lean in the direction of thinking he's ok.

803079[/snapback]

I've found him on this PFW Rookie of the Year Meter.

Just click on the link.....

He's not in the first bit(top 10)....go past #5 SS Donte Whitner....

He's not in the second bit(Honorable mention).....go past S Ko Simpson....

He's in the third bit(Best of the rest)....along with LB Keith Ellison & DT Kyle Williams. <_<

I guess he's doing alright.

PFW Rookie of the Year Meter

I've seen two whole Ravens games and a portion of another, and he's doing an excellent job. As someone mentioned, he's doing his job a la Big Pat Williams... clogging the middle, freeing up Ray Lewis & Co. For obvious reasons I've kept my eye on him more than a few times, and I've been relatively impressed by his play for a rookie DT who - like most rookie DT's - take a little time to get in NFL shape, learn their roles better, etc. He would have been a nice fit in Buffalo if the coaches thought he could have fit in Perry's D.

That said, I loved the Donte pick then, love it now, and I think we're all going to (hopefully) love it for the next 10 or so years.

Actually he's doing REALLY well. He is exactly the run-stuffer the Ravens were hoping they were drafting, and he's been surprisingly effective as a rookie.

Honestly, you should've gone with Bunkley for your post, who has not made much of an impact. If the Bills have drafted Ngata, most likely Bills Nation would be very psyched about him right now...

Actually he's doing REALLY well.  He is exactly the run-stuffer the Ravens were hoping they were drafting, and he's been surprisingly effective as a rookie.

Honestly, you should've gone with Bunkley for your post, who has not made much of an impact.  If the Bills have drafted Ngata, most likely Bills Nation would be very psyched about him right now...

803186[/snapback]

The maybe they could have traded up to to get Whitner at #26...hind sight....