Top contributor to Hilary's campaign

VABills

None other than the evil oil price controlling Goldman Sachs.

From this message

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showt...85entry793785

to reality:

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=17286

So does this mean The Hillary is sleeping with the pil companies and controlling the price of gasoline?

802170[/snapback]

This is the website that they are referencing.

They're actually in second place, and are giving a good sum of money to a politician who is going to be in the senate from the very state that they are based out of.

The site also says:

This chart lists the top donors to this member of Congress during the election cycle. The organizations themselves did not donate, rather the money came from the organization's PAC, its individual members or employees or owners, and those individuals' immediate families. Organization totals include subsidiaries and affiliates.

If we do a little bit of digging, we find out that individuals that claim Goldman Sachs as an employer's donations to all political candidates from New York is overwhelming.

From their profile of Goldman Sachs, $2,229,733 this year is from individuals who claimed Goldman Sachs as their employer, and $362,500 that actually came from the company's PAC.

Now, lets look at previous donations from Goldman Sachs & Co:

- Between 93-99, they were the 3rd biggest contributor to Republican D'Amato's campaign.

- Also between 93-99, they were the 3rd largest contributor to Democrat Moynihan's campaign.

- Between 97-02, they were the 3rd largest contributor to Democrat Hillary Rodham Clinton's campaign

- Between 97-02, they were Schumer's largest contributor.

Wait, so you mean that mostly individuals for this company are donating money to candidates in the state that the company is based out of, and the company is trying to gain influence with politicians from their home state? Oh, my! It's quite the corruption! Call the NY Times!

Wait a second...

From this message

to reality:

So does this mean The Hillary is sleeping with the pil companies and controlling the price of gasoline?

802170[/snapback]

She's a fuggin' politician man. It's not about us with them, either side. It's all about power and money. Nothing more nothing less. They all make me ill.

She's a fuggin' politician man.  It's not about us with them, either side.  It's all about power and money.  Nothing more nothing less.  They all make me ill.

802234[/snapback]

This is what I'm talking about. I share Jim's feelings, and I'm sure millions of other Americans do as well. It can only lead to a bad situation, one that involves mass apathy to the point where the government usurps each and every last freedom we have OR it leads toa populart uprising. At least in my feeble mind it does.

This is the website that they are referencing.

They're actually in second place, and are giving a good sum of money to a politician who is going to be in the senate from the very state that they are based out of.

The site also says:

If we do a little bit of digging, we find out that individuals that claim Goldman Sachs as an employer's donations to all political candidates from New York is overwhelming.

From their profile of Goldman Sachs, $2,229,733 this year is from individuals who claimed Goldman Sachs as their employer, and $362,500 that actually came from the company's PAC.

Now, lets look at previous donations from Goldman Sachs & Co:

- Between 93-99, they were the 3rd biggest contributor to Republican D'Amato's campaign.

- Also between 93-99, they were the 3rd largest contributor to Democrat Moynihan's campaign.

- Between 97-02, they were the 3rd largest contributor to Democrat Hillary Rodham Clinton's campaign

- Between 97-02, they were Schumer's largest contributor.

Wait, so you mean that mostly individuals for this company are donating money to candidates in the state that the company is based out of, and the company is trying to gain influence with politicians from their home state?  Oh, my!  It's quite the corruption!  Call the NY Times!

Wait a second...

802217[/snapback]

Very slim at best. The point was and I know you can write lots of words and say a lot of BS, but basically you sit there on one hand , accuse GS of dumping gas futures to lower the price of gas to help the republicans and then when it turns out they are one of the most liberal democrats biggest contributors you try to spin it as business as normal.

Why is one okay (giving lots of cash to Hillary)? Yet somehow dumping futures is not (regardless of market conditions), because it supports the repubs, and that's EVIL?

Pretty damn hypocritical, if you ask me.

Very slim at best.  The point was and I know you can write lots of words and say a lot of BS, but basically you sit there on one hand , accuse GS of dumping gas futures to lower the price of gas to help the republicans and then when it turns out they are one of the most liberal democrats biggest contributors you try to spin it as business as normal. 

Why is one okay (giving lots of cash to Hillary)?  Yet somehow dumping futures is not (regardless of market conditions), because  it supports the repubs, and that's EVIL?

802549[/snapback]

What a dope. First, you should be referring to me, not BlueFire. Second, I gave a possible scenario for how someone or an organization could have influenced gas prices; or, in fact, as the articles stated, did influence gas prices (not the only influence, but added "fuel" to the downward pressure). I stated it was either serendipity or consipiracy, and that I leaned toward the former (however, I said the latter wouldn't surprise me either).

Who said that one was ok and the other wasn't? It is politics as usual. Many corporations make "bets" on which party (person) they believe will win the White House. They give to both sides, but tend to give more to the side they think will win. I don't think they should be giving at all, and I've constantly ranted that "both sides are bought and paid for." I've stated time and again, that I DO NOT VOTE FOR EITHER MAJOR PARTY ANYMORE (10 years now). I have voted for independents, greens, and believe it or not libertarians.

The hypocrits around here are people who constantly defend (and believe) one party to no end. And from what I've read, you are one of them.

Very slim at best.  The point was and I know you can write lots of words and say a lot of BS, but basically you sit there on one hand , accuse GS of dumping gas futures to lower the price of gas to help the republicans and then when it turns out they are one of the most liberal democrats biggest contributors you try to spin it as business as normal. 

Why is one okay (giving lots of cash to Hillary)?  Yet somehow dumping futures is not (regardless of market conditions), because  it supports the repubs, and that's EVIL?

802549[/snapback]

When did I comment on GS and dumping gas futures? <_<0:)

My main point was that GS supports both party's candidates, the candidates from where they are based out of, and that its typical of politics.

(And, to note here, whether its actually a moral or "okay" thing it do is completely seperate from my point that its not just a "Hillary thing")

When did I comment on GS and dumping gas futures?  <_<  0:)

My main point was that GS supports both party's candidates, the candidates from where they are based out of, and that its typical of politics.

(And, to note here, whether its actually a moral or "okay" thing it do is completely seperate from my point that its not just a "Hillary thing")

802798[/snapback]

O'common, you single out Hillary on this deal and the say your point was only that she is a politician, right, doesn't pass the smell test...just fess up you are part of the Bash Clinton crowd like I am part of the Bash Bush crowd, nothing wrong with that, but don't try and cloak in something other than what it really is.

As far as Hillary goes, in person I am a fan, politically the jury is still out.

Of course any politician can be linked to someone that may have a link to something unpopular and the oil thing, while I still smell a GOP rat, am told by my broker that there was a guy holding .5 Billion in oil options and the exchange boys just wanted to take him out. He says there was 25% speculation in the market and it only dropped to 15% with latest price drop. Already, it has regained some with companies threatening refinery cuts.

We shall see, but I still think there is a political component to this all, call me cynical.

Also, after the Foley thing, expect another terrorist alert, there have been hints of something brewing in recent Drudge Reports. However, the tactic may be switching to NK.

O'common, you single out Hillary on this deal and the say your point was only that she is a politician, right, doesn't pass the smell test...just fess up you are part of the Bash Clinton crowd like I am part of the Bash Bush crowd, nothing wrong with that, but don't try and cloak in something other than what it really is.

As far as Hillary goes, in person I am a fan, politically the jury is still out. 

Where the hell did I do that? <_<

Now I've been accused of Bashing Hillary and sleeping with Hillary in one week. Jesus.

From this message

to reality:

802170[/snapback]

I see your point! Democrats shouldn't take money so they can't run campaigns, therefore the far right can simply plaster the air waves with message and win elections leading America to the promised land! What a sweet idea. How long would it take for America to look like Iraq as the super rich hide away in their gated communities? Answer: Who cares, as long as Hillary can't win. She wants to end Christmas as a holliday, you know! Bill 'Dildo' O'Reilly said so, so it must be true

She's a fuggin' politician man.  It's not about us with them, either side.  It's all about power and money.  Nothing more nothing less.  They all make me ill.

802234[/snapback]

There's too much truth to this. Elections are costly, so you almost have to sell your soul to have a chance at winnning. Maybe some politicians are able to hold onto a larger portion of their souls than others, but it's still an inherently corrupt system. It's a system which often fails to either follow the will of the American people, or to promote the long-term interests of the American nation.