Yankees Cory Lidle owned plane that crashed

RVJ

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At first glance, a plane crashing into a Manhattan high rise, brings back a lot of memories from 9/11 and it is something that this city or nation will never recover from.  Media outlets picked it up as a response to that tragedy 5 years ago, and until there was some kind of confirmation regarding it being just an accident, terrorism was still a possibility. 

802669[/snapback]

That is a good point.

That wasn't the angle on cable this morning, however.

Lots of interviews with friends, teamates, family, focusing on Cory Lidle the man.

They spent 5 minutes on CNN this morning about what kind of ice cream the man liked, and his habit of eating Nestle Bars and his battles to be accepted by his teamates.

That is lazy journalism, and co-joined with grief, I find it effusively sentimental.

Apparently, the only people killed, per todays NY Post, were Lidle and his flight instructor.

They BOTH had access to the plane's controls. Noone knows who was flying it at the time.

It appeared to be some type of mechanical error. NTSB will investigate.

Were you left without a father after a plane crashed anywhere in the US?

If so, I'm sorry, but, if it did, how would you feel if people who didn't even know him were criticizing him for doing what he did?

Comments like "his flying was like his pitching" are pretty f'ed up.  Just because death of someone you never knew doesn't affect you, doesn't mean those directly affected by his death echo your same sentiments  <_<

802666[/snapback]

I'm sorry...I had no idea you were one of his kids. I thought I was bullshitting about a baseball player with anonymous people on a message board. 0:)

My point being that I've had people taken from me suddenly, without warning (and in light plane accidents, as well). It happens. And I choose NOT to be a holier-than-thou prick about it, like yourself.

Were you left without a father after a plane crashed anywhere in the US?

If so, I'm sorry, but, if it did, how would you feel if people who didn't even know him were criticizing him for doing what he did?

802666[/snapback]

I know this wasn't directed at me, but I'll give a general response.

I wouldn't give two craps what any person I've never heard of or met said about my family. If I did, I'd spend too much of my life worrying about others opinions and not enough living it for myself.

Apparently, the only people killed, per todays NY Post, were Lidle and his flight instructor. 

They BOTH had access to the plane's controls.  Noone knows who was flying it at the time. 

It appeared to be some type of mechanical error.  NTSB will investigate.

802699[/snapback]

I heard on the radio this morning, their bodies were found on the sidewalk.

And this guy wanted to know why the !@#$ those dead bodies were in his way.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/0...s_crash_newyork

I heard on the radio this morning, their bodies were found on the sidewalk.

And this guy wanted to know why the !@#$ those dead bodies were in his way.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/0...s_crash_newyork

802766[/snapback]

That's a darn shame for Alec. If he'd have moved to France like he promised he wouldn't have this sort of inconvenience in his life.