Yankees Cory Lidle owned plane that crashed

RVJ

it appears you and ramius had a menage a trois with the retard tree...

802442[/snapback]

I actually think they have a point, however untactful. There was discussion on the board about this incident before it was learned it was Cory Lidle flying the plane.

Most likely this guy was flying a plane recreationally - and it ended in tragedy.

I am not sure of the most recent press conference, but it sounds like he took some innocents with him.

It could have been pilot error?

It could have been malfunction?

( I actually haven't seen a post that has directly mocked Lidle, maybe I missed it, Kzoo)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually think they have a point, however untactful. There was discussion on the board about this incident before it was learned it was Cory Lidle flying the plane.

Most likely this guy was flying a plane recreationally - and it ended in tragedy.

I am not sure of the most recent press  conference, but it sounds like he took some innocents with him.

It could have been pilot error?

It could have been malfunction?

( I actually haven't seen a post that has directly mocked Lidle, maybe I missed it, Kzoo)

802447[/snapback]

i have said nothing about the plane lidle was piloting, or regarding his flying ability. This was a tragic incident.

All i did was make a crack at steinbrenner, and tater got his little panties in a bunch. So i am not sure how i got dragged into pete's idiocy.

All i did was make a crack at steinbrenner, and tater got his little panties in a bunch. So i am not sure how i got dragged into pete's idiocy.

802459[/snapback]

Tis a clear case of mocking the dead. :blink:

panties in a bunch. :)

Oh dear, you go too far.

Guilty by juxtoposition. Meh bad. Culpa.

Tis a clear case of mocking the dead.  :blink:

panties in a bunch.  :)

Oh dear, you go too far.

Guilty by juxtoposition. Meh bad. Culpa.

802462[/snapback]

I took the comment about Lidle not being able to hit the plate, or a runway as mocking. Trust me, I'm far from the moral police. I was just a little suprised. I mean the guy just died a few hours before that.

I dont like any Yankees.

He was a human being? Gee, it is a good thing you said something.

802427[/snapback]

Apparently you don't understand. The point is he was a man first and a Yankee about 9th or 10th down the list (after father, husband, etc).

You can separate the fact that he was traded to the Yankees and did his job for them for two months from the fact that he is dead, his kids have lost their father, his wife has lost a husband, and he didn't do anything egregiously bad aside from being too inexperienced for the situation he was in, if that.

You should hope your friends speak so well of you when you pass. :)

Apparently you don't understand.  The point is he was a man first and a Yankee about 9th or 10th down the list (after father, husband, etc).

You can separate the fact that he was traded to the Yankees and did his job for them for two months from the fact that he is dead, his kids have lost their father, his wife has lost a husband, and he didn't do anything egregiously bad aside from being too inexperienced for the situation he was in, if that.

You should hope your friends speak so well of you when you pass.   :)

802469[/snapback]

Well yes, i just heard that he was traded to them this season, i'm not too familiar with his work, just passing judgement and making comments before i know what really is going on. It's wat i do best. I'm a reactionary.

But also my first post was sarcasm mostly, you need to relax.

i have said nothing about the plane lidle was piloting, or regarding his flying ability. This was a tragic incident.

802459[/snapback]

i liked you better before you tried to act like Tom and Darin in every post...you reallyshould take your picture down if you are going to act like an internet tough guy...

If Jim Kelly (God forbid) were the pilot and not Lidle, no one here would have any different feelings about this, I'm sure.

802501[/snapback]

I wouldn't. Two people I don't know. I don't attach feeling to people I don't know, but I know enough not to rip on them moments after their deaths. Especially since it was reported that his wife and child were airbourne(travelling cross-country) and probably had no indication as to his whereabouts until they touched down.

Funny coming from a guy who insisted over and over "Mitch Hepberg is not dead- its an April Fools joke".  Make sure you include as many f-bombs as you can when demonstrating class.  And dont forget to have a sense of humor

802148[/snapback]

Calling out a guy for not believing Howard Stern on April Fools Day that a comedian died is comparable to you making tastless jokes about a plane crash? Are you a politician?

I was at the scene yesterday, about 10 minutes after impact, shooting footage for work until about 8:30pm.

You guys think that the only reason he was flying a plane through Manhattan yesterday is because he has a lot of money. You guys a retarded. Anyone can fly a plane thorough Manhattan, regardless of experience.

You don't need a flight plan if you are going to be flying below 1500 feet and you stay along the rivers.

They left from Teeterborough, which is in North Jersey, flew down the Hudson River, circled the Statue of Liberty, then headed up the East River, the river that splits Manhattan and Brooklyn/Queens. Again, anyone can fly over Manhattan, which raises security issues considering what happened on 9/11, however, when you don't have a flight plan, you need to abide by these rules, which they were doing.

As they were flying up the East River, pilots that are heading back to Teeterborough have to do a U-Turn at around 86th Street in Manhattan, while on the East River. This is where something went tragically wrong. My guess is that was pilot error.

It was an unfotunate incident, an anybody that tries to low brow this because he was a Yankee, or he died doing what he loved to do, are ridiculous. A child is left to grow up without his father, and a wife was widowed. Think about your families and if something like this were to occur to you, it puts it into perspective just a little bit :)

Again, anyone can fly over Manhattan, which raises security issues considering what happened on 9/11, however, when you don't have a flight plan, you need to abide by these rules, which they were doing. 

802577[/snapback]

Something tells me this will change in the near future.

I was at the scene yesterday, about 10 minutes after impact, shooting footage for work until about 8:30pm. 

You guys think that the only reason he was flying a plane through Manhattan yesterday is because he has a lot of money.  You guys a retarded.  Anyone can fly a plane thorough Manhattan, regardless of experience. 

You don't need a flight plan if you are going to be flying below 1500 feet and you stay along the rivers. 

They left from Teeterborough, which is in North Jersey, flew down the Hudson River, circled the Statue of Liberty, then headed up the East River, the river that splits Manhattan and Brooklyn/Queens.  Again, anyone can fly over Manhattan, which raises security issues considering what happened on 9/11, however, when you don't have a flight plan, you need to abide by these rules, which they were doing. 

As they were flying up the East River, pilots that are heading back to Teeterborough have to do a U-Turn at around 86th Street in Manhattan, while on the East River.  This is where something went tragically wrong.  My guess is that was pilot error.

It was an unfotunate incident, an anybody that tries to low brow this because he was a Yankee, or he died doing what he loved to do, are ridiculous.  A child is left to grow up without his father, and a wife was widowed.  Think about your families and if something like this were to occur to you, it puts it into perspective just a little bit  :)

802577[/snapback]

The New York Times has an informative interactive guide illustrating the sequence of what happened. It is as you describe. For those of you who have not seen what happened, you may want to check it out.

NYT - Interactive sequence on front page

You guys think that the only reason he was flying a plane through Manhattan yesterday is because he has a lot of money.  You guys a retarded.  Anyone can fly a plane thorough Manhattan, regardless of experience. 

They left from Teeterborough, which is in North Jersey, flew down the Hudson River, circled the Statue of Liberty, then headed up the East River, the river that splits Manhattan and Brooklyn/Queens.  Again, anyone can fly over Manhattan, which raises security issues considering what happened on 9/11, however, when you don't have a flight plan, you need to abide by these rules, which they were doing. 

As they were flying up the East River, pilots that are heading back to Teeterborough have to do a U-Turn at around 86th Street in Manhattan, while on the East River.  This is where something went tragically wrong.  My guess is that was pilot error.

It was an unfotunate incident, an anybody that tries to low brow this because he was a Yankee, or he died doing what he loved to do, are ridiculous.  A child is left to grow up without his father, and a wife was widowed.  Think about your families and if something like this were to occur to you, it puts it into perspective just a little bit  :)

802577[/snapback]

Very well said.

It was an unfotunate incident, an anybody that tries to low brow this because he was a Yankee, or he died doing what he loved to do, are ridiculous.  A child is left to grow up without his father, and a wife was widowed.  Think about your families and if something like this were to occur to you, it puts it into perspective just a little bit  <_<

802577[/snapback]

Things like this HAVE occurred in my life...I react pretty much the same.

Death stalks us all. I choose not to be overawed by that fact.

Something tells me this will change in the near future.

802592[/snapback]

They lifted the ban on that airspace last night at around 11:25pm. Once it is brought to people's attentions, it may change, however, it is unlikely. If they were to ban that airspace, News helicopters, small planes like Lidle's, even other planes like commercial jet liners that take off and land in the various airports in the greater NYC area (Newark, JFK, Laguardia, etc) would be affected by this. You are presumably creating a giant swath of banned airspace that is far greater than the airspace that is off limits in Washington DC.

We don't do grief very well here.

Having said that, I think every news cast in the past 24 hours has led with this story.

ESPN did a Thurmun Munson retrospective. Every newscaster and journalist is telling us that this story is important by its lead in the News. FOX, CBS, MSNBC, CNN etc.

This story was extremely prominent:

My cynicism has very little to do with the fact that people died and that there was a crash. It has more to do with its selection as being important. I think there is an

unwholesome interest by the media to push us into public grief over these kind of stories.

It is important to New Yorkers, Yankee fans, baseball fans -

But should it really push the North Korean nukes story to the margins?

Because that is what it did.

Carry on.....

Things like this HAVE occurred in my life...I react pretty much the same.

Death stalks us all.  I choose not to be overawed by that fact.

802653[/snapback]

Were you left without a father after a plane crashed anywhere in the US?

If so, I'm sorry, but, if it did, how would you feel if people who didn't even know him were criticizing him for doing what he did?

Comments like "his flying was like his pitching" are pretty f'ed up. Just because death of someone you never knew doesn't affect you, doesn't mean those directly affected by his death echo your same sentiments <_<

We don't do grief very well here.

Having said that, I think every news cast in the past 24 hours has led with this story.

ESPN did a Thurmun Munson retrospective. Every newscaster and journalist is telling us that this story is important by its lead in the News. FOX, CBS, MSNBC, CNN etc.

This story was extremely prominent:

My cynicism has very little to do with the fact that people died and that there was a crash. It has more to do with its selection as being important. I think there is an

unwholesome interest by the media to push us into public grief over these kind of stories.

It is important to New Yorkers, Yankee fans, baseball fans -

But should it really push the North Korean nukes story to the margins?

Because that is what it did.

Carry on.....

802665[/snapback]

At first glance, a plane crashing into a Manhattan high rise, brings back a lot of memories from 9/11 and it is something that this city or nation will never recover from. Media outlets picked it up as a response to that tragedy 5 years ago, and until there was some kind of confirmation regarding it being just an accident, terrorism was still a possibility.

Don't worry, it has since died down around here and the proceding beatdown of the horse that is Mark Foley or the N. Korean nuke crisis that is being handled by an inept Pres. shall continue.